Books for a rotation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emtji

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I did a search but didn't find exactly what i was looking for...

Could anyone recommend a good book for the 3rd or 4th year med student taking his first radiology rotation? I'm quite sure I want to go into Radiology, but i want something pretty basic to start me off....

I've heard great things about Radiology made ridiculously simple and Fundamentals of Emergency Radiology by Weist. Thoughts?

thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Felson's principles of Chest Roentgenology
By Goodman. Very quick read, very good.

Felson's principles of Chest Roentgenology
By Goodman. Very quick read, very good.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for the quick reply. seems excellent for chest x rays. anything more general?

emtji said:
thanks for the quick reply. seems excellent for chest x rays. anything more general?

I'll be doing an elective in feb as a third year and the required text is Squire's Fundamentals of Radiology, havent really looked at it yet but it seems pretty comprehensive.

Also look for Weist's Fundamentals of Emergency Radiology....even though its ER radiology it covers the basics of alot so its good for a first radiology rotation, and you can finish it in a week easy...over the weekend if you are really motivated.

Also Gunderman's Essential Radiology....fabulous book from a great academic radiologist and educator.

Radiology Secrets. Great little paperback for med students. Answer to just about any question you'll be asked as a student.

thanks so much everyone!

helms fundamentals of msk radiology - great read, very fast $60 - worth every penny ;).

Also, anatomy for diagnostic imaging - has labled illustrations correlated with different kinds of radiographs.