Bonnie Bashing at MedStudent Diaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kashue

No longer a USMLE JUNKIE!
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what's up with all the Bonnie bashing? I don't understand it. She's writing the diaries for our benefits even at the risk of adcomms reading them. I think it's pretty insulting that people are dissing her the way they are.

I've noticed that she's stopped writing in her diary for a month.

Anyway from a fellow New Yorker Bonnie, I hope you continue to write your diaries. I for one enjoy reading your entries.

Members don't see this ad.

From another NYer, I think she needs to add a few more "up yours" to all the people bringing her down for some reason.

Originally posted by Kashue
Anyone know what's up with all the Bonnie bashing? I don't understand it. She's writing the diaries for our benefits even at the risk of adcomms reading them. I think it's pretty insulting that people are dissing her the way they are.

Anyway from a fellow New Yorker Bonnie, I hope you continue to write your diaries. I for one enjoy reading your entries.

Yeah all these unappreciative *****s can get away with dissing someone online, but I bet none of them have the balls to do it in real life. Absolutely disgusting what some idiots will do when they dont have consequences for their actions...

Members don't see this ad :)
It's the premed mentality. If somebody is successful find something about them to take them down a notch. If you have good grades/mcats you must be a dork or geek. If it doesn't appear that you are a geek than you must be shallow or going into medicine for the wrong reason.

Unfortunately premeds are some of the worst personalities I have ever met. :(

Green envy is obviously oozing out of those negative comments made to Bonnie. Chin up Bonnie, only successful people have haters in the first place.

It's real easy to be a cyber-jock when you're anonymous in the sdn crowd, but watch those dimwits collapse like a house of cards if ever seen in person.

TF

I just went and checked it out, and I can't believe how freaking petty and small people can be. :rolleyes: It is definitely jealousy. Her CV might be intimidating, but only someone lacking confidence in him or herself would feel so threatened by it. I hope she gets in. I wanted to email her to tell her so, but it looks like she's not part of the site anymore.

What's scary is that the judgmental comments telling her she's not fit to be a doctor are coming from other people with the same aspirations. The thought of people that venomous and rude as doctors scares the crap out of me. Why are the people in the glass houses always the ones throwing the stones?

What's scary is that the judgmental comments telling her she's not fit to be a doctor are coming from other people with the same aspirations. The thought of people that venomous and rude as doctors scares the crap out of me. Why are the people in the glass houses always the ones throwing the stones?

yeah its really sad...i dont even know if they realize what the hell they are doing...and that is the sad part about it.

its not a surprise when i meet new people and they ask me what im doing...i tell people im going to med school and then they kinda look at me weird and have to ask me if im "an ass"....

it was humorous at the time...but now as i think about these guys i just wish they get what they deserve...

Yep. I dare the person who wrote those comments on her diary to speak up and say them here. Let's see if they have the balls.

Good grief, What is wrong with people???????

I hadn't been to her diary previously but went after reading this thread. What a bunch of shallow, unsecure people to say such things to her.

I am including the link to her diary in case some people don't know where it is.

http://www.studentdoctor.net/med/bonniebio.asp

I sort of believed that the intensity of the application process would prevent people with these kinds of dangerous attitudes from becoming doctors. However, having read some of the posts on these forums and that diary; along with noticing some of these posters claiming they were admitted to a medical school, has become a frightening thought. Imagine envy, self-doubt, and apathy guiding the decisions and actions of people responsible for the lives of others. The only explanations I can come up with are; people who have already slipped into the system are sitting on adcoms and take their own (which the psychiatry of this in itself could be another topic) or that these people are occasionally good enough of an actor to hide their real attributes. Then again, perhaps they cannot distinguish between human/human interaction and human/computer/human interaction.
On the other hand, some of you seem to be on the other end of the spectrum of personalities and I look forward to having you as colleagues.
~Nate

Originally posted by Kashue

I agree that the people posting these comments are unbelievably immature. And although I've never read any of the diaries I am extremely grateful that people are willing to use their time to make them. I don't however think Bonnie is risking very much. Any adcoms who read her diary would only be impressed with her personality.

P.S. Nate now why don't you post with your real SDN account instead of one you made up to post that garbage?

Originally posted by rgporter
I agree that the people posting these comments are unbelievably immature. And although I've never read any of the diaries I am extremely grateful that people are willing to use their time to make them. I don't however think Bonnie is risking very much. Any adcoms who read her diary would only be impressed with her personality.

P.S. Nate now why don't you post with your real SDN account instead of one you made up to post that garbage?

Why is it garbage? Do you have something to defend? Actually, this is my only account and I have nothing to hide.

Why Nate's post is garbage.

Originally posted by Nate
I sort of believed that the intensity of the application process would prevent people with these kinds of dangerous attitudes from becoming doctors.
1. From what I have seen Bonnie is a really nice person. What you find "dangerous" about that is highly questionable.

However, having read some of the posts on these forums and that diary; along with noticing some of these posters claiming they were admitted to a medical school, has become a frightening thought. Imagine envy, self-doubt, and apathy guiding the decisions and actions of people responsible for the lives of others.
2. Why would they lie? To impress people like you, whose insufferable superiority complex doesn't allow honest self evaluations?

The only explanations I can come up with are; people who have already slipped into the system are sitting on adcoms and take their own (which the psychiatry of this in itself could be another topic) or that these people are occasionally good enough of an actor to hide their real attributes. Then again, perhaps they cannot distinguish between human/human interaction and human/computer/human interaction.
3. Crackpot conspiracy theory, Need I say more?

On the other hand, some of you seem to be on the other end of the spectrum of personalities and I look forward to having you as colleagues.
~Nate
4. Innefective attempt to placate the SDN community. There is no excuse for attacking people. Verbal violence is no less hurtful than physical violence. Someone who hopes to be a physician should understand that. I can't say I would ever like to have you as a colleague.
No I have nothing to defend, this was never about me.

*******edit*******
It turns out that I am an idiot.:confused: Nate is not what I thought he was. I would delete this post but it would leave a hole in the logic of this thread.

Members don't see this ad :)
Whoa whoa, and WHOA! I was not attacking Bonnie, my post was in support for her, my comments were directed towards her attackers. Perhaps my writing skills arent what I believed them to be. The conspiracy theory was a little weak, which is why I said that could be a whole other topic. I agree with you about attacking people verbally which is what my post was supposed to be about, I believe we have a misunderstanding, I appologize if I came across the wrong way. The dangers of being a first time poster is no one really knows your motives. Anyway, I hope what I attempted to communicate is clear now. Perhaps if you go back and read my post in a different light you will understand.
~Nate

*edit* If you go back you will notice the thread is really about the people who attacked Bonnie, which is who my post is aimed at and not Bonnie herself.

rgporter: I was a bit confused for a bit too, but he did say, "envy, self-doubt, and apathy guiding the decisions and actions of people responsible for the lives of others." The only possible people showing envy were the attackers, not the supporters.

Originally posted by Rendar5
rgporter: I was a bit confused for a bit too, but he did say, "envy, self-doubt, and apathy guiding the decisions and actions of people responsible for the lives of others." The only possible people showing envy were the attackers, not the supporters.

Good point. Sorry Nate, I guess I didn't read your post carefully enough and overreacted.:( I take back all the nasty things I thought about you.

Damn, for a minute I thought this was going to turn into a Nate-bashing thread! (Which would have been a little ironic)

I've met Bonnie and she's really nice, ambitious and determined. Don't worry, she'll be fine.

Originally posted by ankitovich
I've met Bonnie and she's really nice, ambitious and determined. Don't worry, she'll be fine.

well thats good to hear!
i hope she can just ignore the fools then ;)

I sure hope that person is not from SDN.

Most of the people in the SDN community are not that lame!

Originally posted by Tezzie
I sure hope that person is not from SDN.

Most of the people in the SDN community are not that lame!

Are you sure about that? hotpremed, luverofpenn, SnS, crazee8 :laugh:

edit: Adding UCIPMED, the douche of all douches!

Hey Guys..

I've been away from SDN for a while..not cuz of the comments, just was away (a break from SDN is necessary somtimes..) ..what a thing to come back to!

Not sure what to say..but I wanted to acknowledge all the comments (good, bad, etc). Thanks for the support.

It's funny..cuz when I was deciding whether to write for SDN, I had the "worse fear scenario", and well, it came true! So I guess the worse is over! But honestly, I do see how I can come off as arrogant. I am proud of what I have accomplished, because there was a time, not too long ago, that I thought I would never get in and put off applying to med school for a few years cuz of that fear. In an attempt to bare all of what went into my application, etc, people can interpret it as they wish.

Hey Ankitovitch, thanks for the comments, I was starting to think maybe it was you that posted that things..I wonder who it is that says that met me.

Oh well. If I took everything personally, I wouldn't have applied to med school. So I take this all with a grain of salt.

Let's get back to worrying about getting in..

bonnie

P.S. Someone is also impersonating me in the comments. I no longer write comments as myself as anyone can write "bonnie" as the author.