Board Review--Comprehensive Ophth. from Doheny

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

umsami

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi:

I'm wondering if anybody has used Doheny's Comprehensive Ophth. Review Course for the WQE. There are two options... one audio CDs, one DVDs.

Also, if anybody has a used copy that they're willing to sell, PM me.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Any one use this course? Is it good? How does it compare to Wills? About how many hours is the course? How are the quality of DVDs? Thanks in advance.

Ordered it (DVDs)...and it's been hit or miss. Had to work with them a lot to get the materials I needed as they forgot to include some stuff. Some lectures are great, some not so great. Not sure it was worth the price--might have been better off getting the Osler MP3s for a lot less. Can't speak about it in-person. Did Wills in-person as a resident, and for me... I liked it more. I think part of it has to do with the fact that they've been giving a review course much longer. Still, if you're on the West coast, might be worth checking them out.

Ordered it (DVDs)...and it's been hit or miss. Had to work with them a lot to get the materials I needed as they forgot to include some stuff. Some lectures are great, some not so great. Not sure it was worth the price--might have been better off getting the Osler MP3s for a lot less. Can't speak about it in-person. Did Wills in-person as a resident, and for me... I liked it more. I think part of it has to do with the fact that they've been giving a review course much longer. Still, if you're on the West coast, might be worth checking them out.

Thanks for the reply. I am considering ordering the DVD's for Okap review and to use for the written in the future. I will hold off on the Osler for now because I hear it is geared more for the orals. How is the DVD quaility on the Doheny course?