Black commander in Chief

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Why do you accuse those who do not support Obama bigot? Are you that simple minded? I decide candidates based on issues not color but the radical left wing liberal racists think that if you don’t support a “black man” it must be because you are racist. Why can’t you consider the fact that some people don’t like Obama’s views and policies?

I won’t be shocked if such a simple-minded person like yourself (bleech) doesn’t get anywhere in the future. However, I won’t call you a bigot or a racist just because you have a different opinion than mine.

Come on bleech. There hasn’t been a black president in American history and therefore there’s no history book says that a black president’s racial ancestry influenced his war interests. However……

A lot of people already suspect that the new president-pelect Hussein Obama’s much proclaimed opposition to America's war against Muslim terrorist in Iraq is more about his Muslim heritage than peace.

Who knows Obama doesn’t see Osama as the enemy of America after he has been exposed to the teachings of black nationalist minister, Jeremiah A. Wright, who preaches "African-American unity through antipathy toward whites."

Everybody Loves "Single Mom DDS"

Hmmm where to start;
I suppose I will begin with what you said. scroll back up to the top; what did you open with?
"Even though some of the members here are unwilling to accept the scenario but it looks like we're going to have a black commander in chief for the first time in the US military history..."

The fact that he is 'black' (I see you're going by the 1-drop rule; how old-school of you. Jim Crow lives on forever!) has nothing to do with his views and policies. If you had cited any of a number of things typical Republicans say it would have been fine. Foreign policy, economics, abortion, etc... You chose race. I for one could care less, and I despise the fact that many in the african american community voted for him because of race. I respect Republicans that voted mccain for a valid reason. I do not respect the bigots (such as yourself) that voted based on race. Its hard to believe that any 'real' issues were at the center of your decision when the very first thing you pointed at was race.

Moving on...
"There hasn’t been a black president in American history and therefore there’s no history book says that a black president’s racial ancestry influenced his war interests"

But there have been presidents of other mixed ancestories, NONE of which have allowed their heritage to influence foreign policy. Need examples? Read a history book.

"A lot of people already suspect that the new president-pelect Hussein Obama’s much proclaimed opposition to America's war against Muslim terrorist in Iraq is more about his Muslim heritage than peace."

Who is "A lot of people..." other than yourself? That is a very wild accusation with not a shred of credible evidence to back it up.

"Who knows Obama doesn’t see Osama as the enemy of America after he has been exposed to the teachings of black nationalist minister, Jeremiah A. Wright, who preaches "African-American unity through antipathy toward whites." "

Rev. Wright only began preaching his anti-white sentiment recently. There is no history of this in the church in the past, and you will note that Senator Obama denounced and subsequently left Rev. Wright's congregation (along with many other former congregants). All of your assertions have been made before, and all have been widely discredited. Don't believe me? Try out www.factcheck.org ; it's non-partisian.

Clearly your perception is incredibly distorted, and I would strongly recommend that you consider the validity of your sources before you continue posting.

Members don't see this ad.

I think he is just trying to say he will salute the rank but not the man.

AMEN.

No I did NOT say I will not recognize him as President. I will, begrudgingly. However, HE is not MY boss, that is what I said. I will obey my orders to my CO's, but ultimately we're being paid to defend and honor the United States CITIZENS, not the governement of those citizens.The military serves the CITIZENS of this great Nation first. This Nation is nothing without the individual. And Obama is JUST like a CEO, in 4 years he'll have to answer to the voters(share holders/board), and if he does a poor job(which if he does what he says he will do, he will do a poor job) then he'll get the AXE. That's my point.

Members don't see this ad :)
OK, that is your point. I felt you were no accepting Obama as President, but obviously I was wrong. But no matter what you say based on your words, you are wrong. The President of the United States, no matter if it is Bush, Obama, George Washington, etc. He/she (the President of the United States) is your boss according to the constitution of the United States. The President is also the Commander-In-Chief who is the person who is #1 in charge of the military! You obviously don't know your chain of command yet. Your #1 boss is the President who only answers to the people of the US once every 4 years. They decide who will be the President, but don't decide what the President wants done with the military members. That job lies in the President's hands. You really need to learn about the military Smills! And you cannot change this!

Yes, the military is run to serve citizens of the US, but is not run by the citizens. Also, who do you think your CO's answer to. The generals/admirals who ultimately answer to their higher ranking generals/admirals who ultimately answer to the President!!!!!! No one else!!!!!

The President might get the Axe in 4 years, but for 4 years he is your boss. The President really isn't a CEO because unless the President breaks the law, he/she cannot be fired from his/her job until the next election. A CEO cannot tell you what to do. They can only fire you if you don't listen to them. Your butt is owned by the President now that you are in the military. He can have your butt thrown in jail for not listening to his orders should he chose to do that. A CEO cannot do this. Get a clue SMILLS!

AMEN.

No I did NOT say I will not recognize him as President. I will, begrudgingly. However, HE is not MY boss, that is what I said. I will obey my orders to my CO's, but ultimately we're being paid to defend and honor the United States CITIZENS, not the governement of those citizens.The military serves the CITIZENS of this great Nation first. This Nation is nothing without the individual. And Obama is JUST like a CEO, in 4 years he'll have to answer to the voters(share holders/board), and if he does a poor job(which if he does what he says he will do, he will do a poor job) then he'll get the AXE. That's my point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.