Biochemistry grade

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Happy1213

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received a C in my summer Biochemistry 1 course and don’t know what to do. I was on a upward trend in my gpa and now it’s ruined. I’m a senior in college with a 3.34 cumulative gpa (did not do well freshman year) and I’m not sure how to handle this situation. I don’t even want to know my science gpa either now due to this. I have more classes to go but I’m just very disappointed and just lost at this point since biochemistry is such an important class . Please help…

Members don't see this ad.

One class doesn't define you, and summer classes can be harder than classes taken not in the summer. How you move forward from this will be far more important. You still have more classes to take. Crush them, and make it hard for a medical school to turn you down. The past is the past. The only real wrong answer is doing absolutely nothing and wallowing in self pity. Figure out why you didn't do as well as you would have liked, and correct it. Failing to learn a lesson from failure shows medical schools far more than just receiving a C in a class.

Reactions: 1 users
As mentioned above, one class is not the end all be all, and a c grade is not an f. Do well in the rest of your classes and the bio and biochemistry portion of the MCAT and you'll satiate a lot of people's curiosity about that class. I got a C on GenBio 2 myself.

David D MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Reactions: 1 user
One or 2 Cs don’t prevent you from becoming doctor (or president) if you have other strengths, in your case MCAT and ECs.