Better feeder?

Killface

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's a better feeder school for medicine? Tufts or Brown?

Members don't see this ad.

Whichever would make you happier and gives you better financial aid. Med schools look at you MUCH more than the school you came from.

I second this. You will be in good shape if you can graduate from your undergrad debt-free. I'm currently in this position, and while I had to go to what is probably considered a less "prestigious" school than what I could've gotten into, I would do the same thing if I had to do it over again. It's nice to not be in the position of your friends and be graduating with six-figure debt before you even enter an even more expensive med school.

I would highly recommend not choosing a school based on your perception of its ability to get you to med school. You would regret that choice.

Members don't see this ad :)
Assuming similar cost (which I think would be the case for most people)...

Brown

The role of school prestige is downplayed on SDN. It is not as important as your parents probably think, but it can give you a significant edge.

Whichever would make you happier and gives you better financial aid. Med schools look at you MUCH more than the school you came from.

More specifically, go where you think you'll perform better. In terms of "happier", Boston is more of a college town than Providence so you'll definitely have a lot more distractions at Tufts. ;)

All else being equal, I would recommend Brown.

Thanks for the advice. I agree that debt does play a large role, but I don't get any financial aid from either, and I am not really a picky person, so I don't really see myself being unhappy anywhere other than Ithaca. I hate that place.