Best way to find job opportunities in gen peds

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zeppelinpage4

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’m in my first year working in general pediatrics. Not loving my current job and looking to switch. But I haven’t found a lot of job postings on AAP Peds Jobs. I am more limited geographically due to my spouses job. I was curious if there were other good sites or avenues to find pediatric job positions that you guys found helpful?
How did you look for job opportunities?

I’m also planning to just reach out to former mentors and colleagues to see if they know of anything. But I don’t know if I’m missing some better ways to find jobs. I’m even open to non-clinical positions. Not fully sure what I want to do but I know I need to try something different. My current role is def making me question if gen peds is right for me but I think a change might help.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I was limited geographically and found my job by googling practices/hospitals and going to their career websites. A bit tedious, but worked for me. Former mentors/colleges definitely worth a shot. At least where I am gen peds positions are hard to come by right now, good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Definitely reach out to the practices in the area you're looking and let them know that you're considering a change. Websites like PracticeMatch and such also have lots of postings, though these tend not to be ideal ones (I've seen the same 4 jobs posted that I applied for last summer posted on some of these websites). I get recruitment emails for gen peds jobs all the time despite not working in gen peds for years.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was limited geographically and found my job by googling practices/hospitals and going to their career websites. A bit tedious, but worked for me. Former mentors/colleges definitely worth a shot. At least where I am gen peds positions are hard to come by right now, good luck!
Thanks! Yeah that’s a really good idea and something I hadn’t thought of. I’ve looked at general job websites assuming local places would post their jobs there but I didn’t actually look up individual practices and hospitals and directly check their sites. I’ll def try that along with reaching out to former mentors. And yeah, I’m surprised as I thought gen peds would usually be in demand and there would be plenty of jobs but it’s def more limited than I expected, especially since COVID I think.
Definitely reach out to the practices in the area you're looking and let them know that you're considering a change. Websites like PracticeMatch and such also have lots of postings, though these tend not to be ideal ones (I've seen the same 4 jobs posted that I applied for last summer posted on some of these websites). I get recruitment emails for gen peds jobs all the time despite not working in gen peds for years.
Thanks so much! Okay, I’ll definitely focus more on my network from training. And hadn’t thought of looking up nearby practices, but that’s definitely worth a try especially since I’m a bit limited geographically.

You could also check regular job sites like Glassdoor.com and Ziprecruiter.