BEST PAP ANNUAL PROFICIENCY TESTING-CAP or. ASCP???????????/

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

y2k_free_radical

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would appreciate comments from anyone familiar with both as to which is better.

Members don't see this ad.

The word best shouldn't be used.

ASCP more flexible with dates. We have always struggled to pick a date with CAP.
Slides from both can be complete crap. Lot of poorly stained slides with either.
Since there is a national duopoly, pricing sucks for both. No real incentive to improve the program or lower costs.

The word best shouldn't be used.

ASCP more flexible with dates. We have always struggled to pick a date with CAP.
Slides from both can be complete crap. Lot of poorly stained slides with either.
Since there is a national duopoly, pricing sucks for both. No real incentive to improve the program or lower costs.
I agree about CAP,but it is mandated we score 90% or better to be able to read said PAPS.These tests do not mirror my experiences in the real world.

They mirror the real world if you have let your slides sit for a decade before you sign them out and don't call anything ASCUS. Bizarre test for sure. CAP quit fighting once they started making money off it. FLEE PATHOLOGY NOW!!!