CAP board of gov candidates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mike-sheree

Reaction score
Wow! The CAP board of governors candidates don’t inspire confidence, at least on paper.

Smitty Collum- Labcorp mid America medical director. I assume the private hospital practice he was with for 25 years prior to his LC employment was bought out.

Doc Debarca- six jobs at different places listed since fellowship completed in 2006. ( 6 places in 16 years!).

Bobbie Pruitt- Mayo academic

Jim Zhai- Mayo academic.

They all think we need more paths.🤣

Y’all enjoy the election.🫣

Members don't see this ad.

Maybe boards would benefit from requiring diverse backgrounds, such as x number paths from private practice, x from academica, x from industry, etc. So that no one group has dominance.

Reactions: 1 users
They can all be from Little Company of Agony hospital as far as I’m concerned. As long as they don’t suffer from the delusion that there are too many pathologists. ( this is for y’all’s sake. I’m outta the building.)

Members don't see this ad :)
When people come to the Pathology forum asking if they can get into Pathology after being terminated from two previous residency positions, then we know we have too many path spots.

Reactions: 4 users
Joe blough sold his practice to ameripath if I remember correctly. I'm not sure he cares much about your plight.

I thought you were leaving this forum after you got your feelings hurt awhile back

1. I did. Right place at right time and made millions. ( without cutting trees).
2. I’ve got no dog in the fight and don’t care. Empathy,yes. “Care”? Nope.
3. Chat boards don’t hurt your feelings when you are at my age in my situation. They can, however, piss you off.

1. I did. Right place at right time and made millions. ( without cutting trees).
2. I’ve got no dog in the fight and don’t care. Empathy,yes. “Care”? Nope.
3. Chat boards don’t hurt your feelings when you are at my age in my situation. They can, however, piss you off.
I had a feeling that was you mikesheree lol. Welcome back lol

That's depressing...

I think George Carlin put it into perspective the best, though he was referencing politicians in one of his legendary rants.

Bottom line, these pathologists are the best we can do folks. If we as a professional whole are greedy, myopic, and generally clueless with no business sense whatsoever, then we're going to get the above because that's all we have to pick from.

Reactions: 1 user
CAP is a society of losers. Best thing I ever did was ditch them.

CAP is a society of losers. Best thing I ever did was ditch them.
If you mean by managing to lose pathologists' income consistently by a couple of percentage points/year, then yes, professional losers they are. Inflation is up double digits functionally and pathology service compensation is going down.

Meanwhile, nurses got the biggest pay raise ever in the past two years to make more than most first year physicians.

Reactions: 2 users
This reminds me of the theme of the ditty "When I Was a Lad" from HMS Pinafore. On advice to rise to Her Majesty's First Lord of Admiralty, Sir Joseph Porter comments:

"landsmen all, whoever you may be,
If you want to rise to the top of the tree,
If your soul isn't fettered to an office stool,
Be careful to be guided by this golden rule —
Stick close to your desks and never go to sea,
And you all may be rulers of the Queen's Navee!"

If you mean by managing to lose pathologists' income consistently by a couple of percentage points/year, then yes, professional losers they are. Inflation is up double digits functionally and pathology service compensation is going down.

Meanwhile, nurses got the biggest pay raise ever in the past two years to make more than most first year physicians.
Well that's because nurses don't get paid by an ICD10 fee schedule, they get paid hourly or are salaried. And a huge number of them quit during covid meaning hospitals had to scramble and pay travelers 2-3x what they were paying in-house nurses, which then led to in-house nurses quitting to go be travelers and get their share of the gold rush. If a huge number of pathologists quit the fee schedule wouldn't go up for us to attract new pathologists, unfortunately.

ve
Wow! The CAP board of governors candidates don’t inspire confidence, at least on paper.

Smitty Collum- Labcorp mid America medical director. I assume the private hospital practice he was with for 25 years prior to his LC employment was bought out.

Doc Debarca- six jobs at different places listed since fellowship completed in 2006. ( 6 places in 16 years!).

Bobbie Pruitt- Mayo academic

Jim Zhai- Mayo academic.

They all think we need more paths.🤣

Y’all enjoy the election.🫣
It has been eons since the CAP gave a rat's petunia about community pathologists and it is beneath the CAP magazine's dignity to discuss unclean sordid subjects such as the business aspect of pathology.

It has been eons since the CAP gave a rat's petunia about community pathologists and it is beneath the CAP magazine's dignity to discuss unclean sordid subjects such as the business aspect of pathology.
You have to understand something to be even be able to discuss it.

• Love
You have to understand something to be even be able to discuss it.

If the last several years have taught us nothing else, it's that this is absolutely not true, unfortunately.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users