Belmont University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has Belmont sent out the interview invitations for the month of March?

Members don't see this ad.

The invitation letters & emails for our next interview day (March 2&) are going out on Monday.

Yesterday's interview day was a wonderful day. We had the chance to talk to an amazing group of students who are giving Belmont U School of Pharmacy serious consideration.

Dr. Eric H. Hobson
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Belmont University School of Pharmacy

I know there was a previous mention of an interview on March 10. Is that still taking place? I was hoping to be inivted to that interview but I assume that it is too late now. I am so anxious. I hope I am considered for an interview. I have read alot of information about the school and spoken to a few faculty members. I really want to attend the school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dear Anxious:

I typed too quickly this morning. There are 2 interview days scheduled for March: 10th & 27th.

The invites for the 10th session are the ones that go out on Monday.

Sorry to add to your anxiety level:oops:

Dr. Eric H. Hobson
Associate Dean
Belmont U School of Pharmacy

:thumbup: I interviewed at Belmont yesterday and the school is amazing!! The campus has a lot of history and EVERYONE from the students to the staff were extremely nice and accomodating. Even though it is a new school, they have an excellent vision on what skills and values a pharmacist must possess. I had a great feeling about the school when I left and I only hope that I am lucky enough to be accepted. I will be happy to answer any questions that you may have. PM me.

Thanks future for your input! :) I was hoping someone would post about the interview day. I'm anxious and excited for my interview in a few weeks and you just made my day. March 10 is approaching and I'm so excited to go, and well it beats this cold weather and snow here. :D

I had an interview at Belmont and I loved the school and everyone there was so nice! I hope I get accepted!!:love:

I had an interview at Belmont and I loved the school and everyone there was so nice! I hope I get accepted!!:love:

I interviewed there as well. The school is great and I agree about everyone being so nice. I hope I hear something soon...the wait is excruciating but I am trying to be patient! :eek: When did you interview? I interviewed on the 20th.

My interview was on the 20th, too. I hope we hear something soon!
:luck:

Me too. They said we should know something in about 2 weeks! 1 week down, 1 week to go!!!

Hope you guys get in! :) I don't know what's worse the anticipation of the interview or waiting for a response post-interview. :p

I know that waiting for word following an interview is excruciating.

There's also the similar anxiety on the faculty/interviewer side of having to wait for the admissions committee meeting to be able to tell your colleagues all about the accomplished, polished, engaging candidates that you had the chance to speak to and learn about.

You so much want for all your colleagues to have been able to have met the applicants you did; you want them to be as excited about them as you; you want them all to respond with as much enthusiasm as you feel as you serve as these individual's advocate in the admissions committee deliberations.

This is an emotionally taxing...and rewarding time of year. And, the first day of classes in the fall makes it all worthwhile.

Have a restful weekend.

Dr. Hobson
Associate Dean
Belmont U School of Pharmacy

Does anyone know how long it takes the school to review your application after they receive it and it is considered complete?? I really want to get an interview here and am hoping to get one on the 28th of March that I saw was mentioned earlier. Has anyone already received interview invites for this date already?? One of my best friends interviewed in Feb and was accepted, she is so excited and absolutely loved the school so I am very excited to find out for myself how amazing Belmont really is. Everyone's comments seem to be very positive so it makes me feel like they are very prepared for their first class to start this August. Good luck to everyone!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Have acceptance letters for the February 20th interview already gone out?

i'm not sure my friend just said she was accepted and she interviewed on the 20th

Are you sure your friend already received an acceptance letter from the 20th interview? I interviewed on the 20th and I have not heard anything back yet. The post above from an administrator at Belmont made it sound like the cletters have gone out yet. However, I could be mistaken. I may be "just a little" jealous that she already knows that she is accepted...lol! I have been stalking this thread to find out if anyone has been accepted yet.

i completely understand....as i am very nervous about this whole process myself and would like the waiting to all be over. I called my friend and she said she received a phone call on Thursday, she could be giving me false information (not really sure) and that doesn't sound like the traditional way that they go about contacting people. I don't want to start anything that isnt true but I promise you she said she wasadmitted and interviewed on the 20th. I definitely don't want to cause anyone to worry, I'm just going on what she told me and she said she didn't expect to get any of the forms (that require you to send in your deposit or an acceptance letter) until next week. She simply said she got a phone call. Like I said I'm not 100% sure she's telling the truth but I don't know why she'd lie. If you want to PM me I can give you her contact info and you can email her, I'm sure you all will start to hear soon!!

I hope that I do not make worry from my post. I'm unsure if I should post this, but I know many people are wanting an update.

I interviewed at Belmont in February and received a phone call last Thursday saying I was accepted as well. It was said that I would receive the acceptance letter next week also.

hopefulvol, Belmont is an amazing school with an amazing program. I've been accepted to a few programs and have decided that Belmont is where I will be going. I wish the best for you at the interviews and hope to see you in the fall my friend.

To everybody else anxiously waiting for the letter. My apologies if I caused any extra anxiety. I know that you guys are nervous, as was I. Please know that this was just my acceptance, and yours will soon follow. I wish the best for everybody, and hope to see you guys at orientation.

I hope that I do not make worry from my post. I'm unsure if I should post this, but I know many people are wanting an update.

I interviewed at Belmont in February and received a phone call last Thursday saying I was accepted as well. It was said that I would receive the acceptance letter next week also.

hopefulvol, Belmont is an amazing school with an amazing program. I've been accepted to a few programs and have decided that Belmont is where I will be going. I wish the best for you at the interviews and hope to see you in the fall my friend.

To everybody else anxiously waiting for the letter. My apologies if I caused any extra anxiety. I know that you guys are nervous, as was I. Please know that this was just my acceptance, and yours will soon follow. I wish the best for everybody, and hope to see you guys at orientation.

Congrats. So it takes approximately a week to a week and a half after your interview to get a response. I'm utterly nervous about my interview, as I don't interview well. Congrats again to those accepted and good luck to those waiting to interview or waiting for a response. :)

Yes, congratulations to all that have been accepted. I know that this school is going to be great...even in their first year. They just had everything so together. Anyway, I guess I will just keep waiting. :rolleyes:

congrats to everyone who got acceptance to belmont pharmacy program. I am super excited for this fall, which Dr. Hobson mention, starts Aug. 27th!!!

I am excited for orientation date, whenever that might be, to meet everyone and work together to represent belmont first year students as compassionate pharmacists.

i check their website almost daily. today, they added a couple of videos that everyone should check out.
i love belmont :p

Congrats. So it takes approximately a week to a week and a half after your interview to get a response. I'm utterly nervous about my interview, as I don't interview well. Congrats again to those accepted and good luck to those waiting to interview or waiting for a response. :)

I interviewed on a friday and was called the following tuesday (5 days later) to be told that I was accepted...but that was for the first interview group....so it may be different now.

Have invites for March 27th interviews gone out?

I Pray I at least get an interview. good luck everyone!

March 27 interview invitations have not gone out yet.

The Belmont USOP faculty are meeting today with another group of potential students as part of our 3rd interview day this year.

There are still at least 2 more interview dates on our calendars, because our application deadline isn't until the end of this month.

The week in Nashville is getting off to a beautiful start: sunny, clear and springlike.

Eric H. Hobson, Ph.D.
Associate Dean
Belmont USOP

I just had my interview and Belmont was everything I had expected. However, my nerves got the best of me, and my interview didn't go as well as I wanted it to. But overall it was great to meet the faculty and other prospective students as well. Good luck to those still waiting for responses or interviews! :)

I just received my interview invite for March 27. Anyone else?

I just received an interview invitation as well! :)

Hey I did too.....But I don't know if I have enough dough to get out there to TN, but I'm highly considering...

Congratulations everybody! Good luck on the interview.

sorry guys, I am a late bird here. My stuff just went in, so hopefully I'll hear something after they get a chance to look it.
good luck to you all!

That was such a quick response, and I was caught completely off guard. Hope to see some of you this Fall! :)

That was such a quick response, and I was caught completely off guard. Hope to see some of you this Fall! :)

Congrats Farmer83! I received the acceptance call too!:oops:We must have been at the same day of interviews.

Hey Ayodele! I just got my interview invite for March 27th! Anyone else going that day?????

For anyone coming to interview at Belmont next week (3/27), please make an effort to find me and let me connect faces to aliases. It's always a treat to learn who is behind the posts I've been reading.

E. Hobson
Assoc. Dean
Belmont USOP

congrats to everyone who got accepted!
for the people who recently went to the interview, does anybody know if we will have orientation anytime soon because i wanna ask them a lot of questions about financial aid.
also, i did not get to tour the classrooms? did you guys?

congrats to everyone who got accepted!
for the people who recently went to the interview, does anybody know if we will have orientation anytime soon because i wanna ask them a lot of questions about financial aid.
also, i did not get to tour the classrooms? did you guys?

I haven't heard the orientation dates. I know the class will be held in Inman center and the library, but I did not get a chance to see the rooms during the March 10th interview group.:)

I called yesterday and found out my file was complete and was under review for the April interviews.

I was wondering if I can send more than the required; 2 letters of recommendation?

I really want a interview!
congrats to everyone who got interviews and got in.

I called yesterday and found out my file was complete and was under review for the April interviews.

I was wondering if I can send more than the required; 2 letters of recommendation?

I really want a interview!
congrats to everyone who got interviews and got

They do accept supplementalletters of recommendation. When I was applying I sent in four letters total! Good luck.:luck:

Congrats to everyone that got in! I have an interview 3/27, any advice?

pharmaorbust, Im also sending in 4 LORs.

thanks, I do need the luck.

Hey everybody! Congrats to those who got in, I changed my interview date to April 25th since it is a better date for me to go on and not as much on my wallet. If I leave from California for the 27th interview, I will have to take out $800. I can't afford that right away unfortunatly! But anyway enough of my life story, what I wanted to ask is anyone interviewing on April 25th???

Hey everybody! Congrats to those who got in, I changed my interview date to April 25th since it is a better date for me to go on and not as much on my wallet. If I leave from California for the 27th interview, I will have to take out $800. I can't afford that right away unfortunatly! But anyway enough of my life story, what I wanted to ask is anyone interviewing on April 25th???

Don't quote me on this, but I don't think you'll know if anyone's interviewing on April 25th until they finish interviewing those on March 27th, unless someone switched their interview date like you. I think after they're done interviewing on March 27th, it seems like then they'll send out invites for the next interview. At least this is what I've observed in previous posts by Dr. Hobson.

Farmer83 & Kpunk101,

I called belmont last week and was told there is only one more interview session left in April. The last interview invites won't be mailed out until beginning of April.

I would assume this time they would mail out their invite letters and their rejection letters in April.

has anyone gotten rejected from belmont school of pharmacy without an interview?

p.s. go belmont! on giving duke run for their money in NCAA tourny.

Farmer83 and Transformer,

Ahh...I see I see...
well good luck to those who have it on March 27th!!!!!

Calling all Belmont U SOP Class of 2008ers.

I'm starting a new thread for the CO`08 to use to meet each other, talk about how to locate housing, and the many other things that go with getting settled into a town and a program.:cool:

Back on the main forums page, under the Pharmacy Student header, the third category targets discussions among pharmacy students (not applicants). There is now a thread in that area titled "Belmont U CO 2012".

Take it over from me and make it your space.:thumbup:

Eric H. Hobson, Ph.D.
Associate Dean
Belmont U SOP

Good Luck to all who have an interview this week!