Belmont University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Please know that your compliments for our program are much appreciated. We are thrilled that our values (commitment to quality and to people) are able to be seen as you visit us.

I agree with your assessment of our students: they have found Belmont to be a welcoming community, one in which they can (and have) become part of a vibrant campus life. They are our best ambassadors and that's why they are part of our interview day. Who better for you to get the honest, "boots on the ground" message of life here than from them?

With much humility in the face of your kind words,

Eric H. Hobson, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Belmont University School of Pharmacy
BelmontUSOP2

Members don't see this ad :)
I've not been able to jump into the disuccions here recently due to my obligations with managing the curriculum and other parts of the Belmont SOP, but today I'm monitoring an OSCE exam in our Health Assessment course and have 3 hrs of quiet time to try to be of some use.

For those of you who have found the silence following receipt of deposits inexplicable, I offer you my apologies. While I'm not directly invovled with the admissions side of the school, I certainly understand the frustrations of no news, particularly in such a stressful situation as this. As soon as I'm free to do so today, I'll make certain to spread the news among my admin team and we'll see what we can do to make the university's processes work with more communication.

As for those of you who've expressed frustration in getting through to Ms. Hooper (Ginger), I'll speak to her today as well and see what we can do to make sure that you can hear back within a reasonable timeframe (i.e., 48 hrs). Please be patient. I'll let you all know what I learn as I talk to my colleagues.

A suggestion, as you run into frustrating situations with our admissions process, or anytime that you seem to hit a deadend on getting a question answered, contact me directly through my account in SDN. As Assoc. Dean, I have a bit of clout, and can usually get an answer in semi-short order.

Thanks for the chance to put smooth out some rough edges for you.

Eric H. Hobson, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Belmont USOP

It is obvious that I have read all the post up to now. I guess I'm asking any new information LATELY IE last week or so.

:(when is the last interview date for belmont??? was put on alternate list till their last interviews have been done

The last interview day of the year will occur in early May. The date hasn't been finalized, but will be early.

Dr. Hobson
BelmontUSOP2

The last interview day of the year will occur in early May. The date hasn't been finalized, but will be early.

Dr. Hobson
BelmontUSOP2
okay thank you, so we waitlisters can be hopeful to hear back sometime in may like mid or ending of may???

A little FYI... I stopped by the financial aid office today and they said the "Total Cost of Attendance" is 44,390/yr. So the budget for a gradPLUS loan will be 44,390. So since tuition is roughly 25000/yr and you can get (if eligible) 33,000 Stafford loan. So the max gradPLUS loan you can get is 44390 - 33000 0 = 11390.

So the max loan money you can take out for living expenses will be the 11,390 + (33000-25000) = 19,390.

Just wanted to let everyone know.

A little FYI... I stopped by the financial aid office today and they said the "Total Cost of Attendance" is 44,390/yr. So the budget for a gradPLUS loan will be 44,390. So since tuition is roughly 25000/yr and you can get (if eligible) 33,000 Stafford loan. So the max gradPLUS loan you can get is 44390 - 33000 0 = 11390.

So the max loan money you can take out for living expenses will be the 11,390 + (33000-25000) = 19,390.

Just wanted to let everyone know.

Thanks for the info! Did you by chance go by the admissions office to see when they are going to update their website for 2009 enrollment? Some forms, ie background check, medical info, etc, are online but only show 2008 term.

Thanks for the info! Did you by chance go by the admissions office to see when they are going to update their website for 2009 enrollment? Some forms, ie background check, medical info, etc, are online but only show 2008 term.

Yeah I would definitely like to see a cost of attendance sheet so I can get an idea of what my options are for housing.

I stopped by the admissions office, but I didnt ask. Ill give them a call next week.

I will be declining my interview invitation so hopefully one more spot for someone else =)

Don't forget to join the facebook group for Belmont! Only 12 members but it's getting some activity! Join up.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone,

I interviewed back in mid Feb. and was blown away by Belmont! What an awesome school and location!

Belmont was unlike any of the other schools I interviewed at and without a doubt had the most hospitable and welcoming faculty/current students. What's weird is that I think Belmont already has a better setup than a lot of schools and I know it's only going to get better.

Overall there are just so many reasons why I chose this school. If anyone is interested in specific reasons because you are still deciding or you are thinking of applying for Fall 2010 just say the word or PM me if you want, I plan on being a regular here from now on.

MusicCityRx:

I'm pleased that your interview with us produced such a strong, positive response.

By the way, blasting on the new pharmacy building's garage stopped last week and there's a huge crane sticking up out of the hole that you saw while you were on campus. Concrete starts being poured next week.

Thank you for sharing. I look forward to working with you as we move toward matriculation in August.

Eric H. Hobson, Ph.D.
Associate Dean
Belmont USOP

Has anyone else not heard back from them? I sent in my application in December and I still haven't heard anything back at all. I should probably give them a call some time this week and see what's up.

Call. The admissions number is 615.460.8122 (Ms. Ginger Hooper).
Dr. Hobson
BUSOP

Eric H. Hobson, Ph.D.
Associate Dean
Belmont USOP

Belmont definitely stood out from the crowd. I got a very positive vibe from the school during my visit which is a very strong determining factor for me. Even the fact that you are here helping pre-pharm students is a prime example of how I feel Belmont is going above and beyond.

The blastings were quite trip. I don't know if you've seen, but there are videos on youtube of the blastings shot by students around campus. Looks like not all the blastings go as planned as you can see in the one titled "Blasting Gone Wrong"!

You know, I thought I read somewhere that the new pharmacy building is going to have an actual pharmacy inside. Can you confirm if I'm mistaken or not?

Here's a pic of what the new builiding will look like for those who might be curious.
full_2033.jpg

I finally booked my hotel for next week's interview. Are there anyone also planning to stay at Brentwood Suites? I heard they serve daily cheese omelettes, sausage and waffles, so their continental breakfast totally attracted me. Plus, their rate is $80.96 with the Belmont discount. :D

I finally booked my hotel for next week's interview. Are there anyone also planning to stay at Brentwood Suites? I heard they serve daily cheese omelettes, sausage and waffles, so their continental breakfast totally attracted me. Plus, their rate is $80.96 with the Belmont discount. :D

good luck at your interview next week!!!! you will kick butt!

Your memory is correct.

The new building will contain both a pharmacy and an ambulatory care health clinic. The services will be fully-functioning and the primary audience is the BU student, staff, faculty and dependents, although this new university health center will also provide some care services to members of our neighboring communities around the campus.

This site will also provide in-house opportunities for students to work in real settings, often in direct linkage to courses that are meeting in other parts of the same building. Pharmacy will also work hand-in-hand with nursing, OT and PT to provide needed services in this HC center.

We are excited by the challenge and by the opportunity to provide BU a pharmacy and clinic that would not be on the drawing board if pharmacy weren't here.

Eric H. Hobson, Ph.D.
Associate Dean
Belmont USOP

Belmont definitely stood out from the crowd. I got a very positive vibe from the school during my visit which is a very strong determining factor for me. Even the fact that you are here helping pre-pharm students is a prime example of how I feel Belmont is going above and beyond.

The blastings were quite trip. I don't know if you've seen, but there are videos on youtube of the blastings shot by students around campus. Looks like not all the blastings go as planned as you can see in the one titled "Blasting Gone Wrong"!

You know, I thought I read somewhere that the new pharmacy building is going to have an actual pharmacy inside. Can you confirm if I'm mistaken or not?

Here's a pic of what the new builiding will look like for those who might be curious.
full_2033.jpg

Yep. The "Blasting Gone Wrong" video is an on-campus hit too. The Provost is a real fan.

However, seeing that particular blast live, out my office window, was even better. Fortunately, no one was hurt and only some windows were broken.

Now the hole has a huge boom crane sticking up through the middle and concrete trucks driving down a steep, 4-story deep ramp to deliver concrete for the building's footings. The progress is exciting and, better, the project is on-schedule.

Stop by campus and check out the project if you have any chance to be in the Nashville area.

We always welcome visitors...that's the Nashville way.

Eric H. Hobson, Ph.D.
Associate Dean
Belmont USOP

Ohlmin -

Did you make it to campus Friday as I seemed to recall you were planning? If so, were you able to get all of your questions answered?

I was out of town (in chilly Maine) but let Dean Johnston know that you might be dropping through.

Did you look at the building project? Nice hole there with a very big crane...all indicators of what's to come.

Feel free to contact me off-line if there's anything I can do for you between now and August.

Eric H. Hobson, Ph.D.
Assoc. Dean
Belmont USOP

I'm pleased to announce that Belmont has 2 interview days scheduled for which invitations have not been sent out.

The remaining dates are: April 28 and May 5

Eric H. Hobson, Ph.D.
Associate Dean
Belmont USOP

Dr. Hobson
BelmontUSOP2

I'm pleased to announce that Belmont has 2 interview days scheduled for which invitations have not been sent out.

The remaining dates are: April 28 and May 5

Eric H. Hobson, Ph.D.
Associate Dean
Belmont USOP

Dr. Hobson,
I was wondering if maybe you could answer this question.

I received an alternate acceptance letter from the March 3rd interview. I was unsure of how many people receive these letters, and if I should continue to wait to possibly receive a call? Belmont is my first choice, but with the two more interviews, I did not know if I should continue waiting for Belmont to call?

Dr. Hobson,
I was wondering if maybe you could answer this question.

I received an alternate acceptance letter from the March 3rd interview. I was unsure of how many people receive these letters, and if I should continue to wait to possibly receive a call? Belmont is my first choice, but with the two more interviews, I did not know if I should continue waiting for Belmont to call?

I'm sorry that I can't answer this question. I'm intentionally not a member of the admissions committee (as I have to wear a black hat at times and dismiss students), and am not part of the decision-making process.

Your question is valid, however, so I suggest you call Dr. Elinor Chumney, Assistant Dean for Student Affairs and get the answer from her...she manages the process in conjunction with the school's admissions committee.

The school's offices are open tomorrow, Wed. Then we are closed for Easter Holidays on Thursday and Friday.

The main office phone is 615.460.6746

Eric H. Hobson, Ph.D.
Assocaite Dean
Belmont USOP

I'm sorry that I can't answer this question. I'm intentionally not a member of the admissions committee (as I have to wear a black hat at times and dismiss students), and am not part of the decision-making process.

Your question is valid, however, so I suggest you call Dr. Elinor Chumney, Assistant Dean for Student Affairs and get the answer from her...she manages the process in conjunction with the school's admissions committee.

The school's offices are open tomorrow, Wed. Then we are closed for Easter Holidays on Thursday and Friday.

The main office phone is 615.460.6746

Eric H. Hobson, Ph.D.
Assocaite Dean
Belmont USOP

Okay great! Thanks so much!

Thanks to all of SDNers who spent the day with us at Belmont yesterday. It was a pleasure meeting you and learning more about your goals and interests.

Hopefully, you left with a good feeling about our program, our campus, our faculty and our city. We love to share all of this with guests.

Yesterday saw us host 60 wonderful candidates who came from across the country --25 states.

May your travels home have gone smoothly and you are able to spend the weekend with friends and family before returning to your regular rhythms next week.

Should we be able to do anything else for you as you learn more about Belmont, don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you all again for your energy and engagement,

Eric H. Hobson, Ph.D.
Associate Dean
Belmont USOP

Thanks to all of SDNers who spent the day with us at Belmont yesterday. It was a pleasure meeting you and learning more about your goals and interests.

Hopefully, you left with a good feeling about our program, our campus, our faculty and our city. We love to share all of this with guests.

Yesterday saw us host 60 wonderful candidates who came from across the country --25 states.

May your travels home have gone smoothly and you are able to spend the weekend with friends and family before returning to your regular rhythms next week.

Should we be able to do anything else for you as you learn more about Belmont, don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you all again for your energy and engagement,

Eric H. Hobson, Ph.D.
Associate Dean
Belmont USOP

It was very nice meeting you and the rest of the faculty members. I look foward to hearing from Belmont soon:xf:.

Also with the addtional interview date will they be accepting less students from the April 7th interview right away and placing more students on the waiting list?

I just received an email offering me an interview. I am from California so I'll have to look into the plane tickets and hotel stuff, which I will check when I get home from work. My heart was pounding fast when I saw that I got an email from Belmont. I'm so excited to get this offer.

Congrats pavouaxiong! You will see that Belmont is a really AMAZING SCHOOL! ^_^

Congrats pavouaxiong! You will see that Belmont is a really AMAZING SCHOOL! ^_^

I agree that Belmont is an amazing school! I had the interview yesterday and just got back from Nashville late last night. I was impressed on the interview process--everyone was just so warm, friendly, and welcoming. Now the wait begins...2 weeks isn't too bad...but I just want to get accepted there.

Congrats to those who have gotten an invite today! If you're looking for a hotel and are planning to rent a car, then Brentwood Suites is a good place to stay. It's about a 15 minute drive. Their bed was so comfortable that I didn't want to get out of bed in the morning! The drive on Franklin Rd from the hotel to campus was really peaceful.

I hope everyone hears good news soon!

Since being accepted I've been researching the Nashville area and it seems like a really cool place to live.

I never got a chance to check the place out when I interviewed. You see, I took a red eye flight which got me to my hotel room by about 1:30am, got to sleep at about 3:00am, then woke up at 5:30am to get ready and make my way to Belmont, then it was straight to the airport afterwards. Whew, needless to say, I slept good when I got home.

I did, however, get a chance to see the downtown skyline at night which was cool. It kind of reminded me of Gotham City from Batman.

Did anyone else get a chance to look around?

I hope everyone hears good news soon!

Since being accepted I've been researching the Nashville area and it seems like a really cool place to live.

I never got a chance to check the place out when I interviewed. You see, I took a red eye flight which got me to my hotel room by about 1:30am, got to sleep at about 3:00am, then woke up at 5:30am to get ready and make my way to Belmont, then it was straight to the airport afterwards. Whew, needless to say, I slept good when I got home.

I did, however, get a chance to see the downtown skyline at night which was cool. It kind of reminded me of Gotham City from Batman.

Did anyone else get a chance to look around?

Yeah can't really miss the "Batman" building!

I agree that Belmont is an amazing school! I had the interview yesterday and just got back from Nashville late last night. I was impressed on the interview process--everyone was just so warm, friendly, and welcoming. Now the wait begins...2 weeks isn't too bad...but I just want to get accepted there.

Congrats to those who have gotten an invite today! If you're looking for a hotel and are planning to rent a car, then Brentwood Suites is a good place to stay. It's about a 15 minute drive. Their bed was so comfortable that I didn't want to get out of bed in the morning! The drive on Franklin Rd from the hotel to campus was really peaceful.

What is the price range for Brentwood Suites?

I think I'll have to take the later interview date in May, rather than April, so my 'significant other' can fly with me to Nashville. While we are there, we plan to do one day of sight seeing in Nashville. Does anyone want to recommend me an attraction or place?

What is the price range for Brentwood Suites?

I think I'll have to take the later interview date in May, rather than April, so my 'significant other' can fly with me to Nashville. While we are there, we plan to do one day of sight seeing in Nashville. Does anyone want to recommend me an attraction or place?

Brentwood Suites is $80, not including tax. The price isn't bad, considering the fact that you're going to get a good hot breakfast in the morning. I didn't have time to really explore Nashville, but I checked out some nice houses and apartments in the Brentwood and school area.

I stayed at the Alexis Inn and Suites, it was a little more than a half hour drive to Belmont in the morning. The price was about $55 a night, very nice breakfast in the AM. It was raining the day that I planned to explore the city, but I made sure to check out the area around Belmont and Vanderbilt. I also went and checked out Music row and did some shopping.

What 'batman' building? Tell me where so I can see it when I go to Nashville.
It's the AT&T Building in Nashville. Don't worry, you'll be able to see it from the window where you sign-in. When I interviewed at Belmont, I actually stayed an extra day because I wasn't aware how long the day was going to last.

On interview day, I got lost and kept ending up at Vanderbilt because of my crappy directions. My directions also led me to downtown Nashville but since it was so early in the morning, everything was closed. I did end up turning around right after reaching the Nashville Predator's stadium. Anyway, I stopped off at one of the hotels on Wedgewood and the guy at the desk was kind enough to give me direction to the school. I wasn't aware that Lipscomb was so close to Belmont until my interviewer mentioned that the two schools were rivals. So on my extra day there, I drove by Lipscomb and sort of got lost going down Granny White Pike but I got to really see the area while I was there. Oh yeah, on my way back from Belmont to the hotel, I got lost again and ended up at LP Field (Titan's stadium) before I made it back to my hotel.

My directions were just ALL wrong but because I kept getting lost, I ended up seeing a lot of Nashville in the process. :)

It's the AT&T Building in Nashville. Don't worry, you'll be able to see it from the window where you sign-in. When I interviewed at Belmont, I actually stayed an extra day because I wasn't aware how long the day was going to last.

On interview day, I got lost and kept ending up at Vanderbilt because of my crappy directions. My directions also led me to downtown Nashville but since it was so early in the morning, everything was closed. I did end up turning around right after reaching the Nashville Predator's stadium. Anyway, I stopped off at one of the hotels on Wedgewood and the guy at the desk was kind enough to give me direction to the school. I wasn't aware that Lipscomb was so close to Belmont until my interviewer mentioned that the two schools were rivals. So on my extra day there, I drove by Lipscomb and sort of got lost going down Granny White Pike but I got to really see the area while I was there. Oh yeah, on my way back from Belmont to the hotel, I got lost again and ended up at LP Field (Titan's stadium) before I made it back to my hotel.

My directions were just ALL wrong but because I kept getting lost, I ended up seeing a lot of Nashville in the process. :)

Maybe I should get a GPS before I go there.

No, actually everything is really easy to find there but I just came in with bad directions. The school is easy to find but for some reason, my directions said the school was off of some other street. :confused:

No, actually everything is really easy to find there but I just came in with bad directions. The school is easy to find but for some reason, my directions said the school was off of some other street. :confused:

Did you use Mapquest or Yahoo?

I would suggest a GPS. I used one and it was wonderful, we ended up getting caught in traffic on the way to the interview and used it to find an alternative route to the school. I am not from the area and thought it was extremely useful, but still make sure to check out where to go ahead of time (if you can).

It was very nice meeting you and the rest of the faculty members. I look foward to hearing from Belmont soon:xf:.

Also with the addtional interview date will they be accepting less students from the April 7th interview right away and placing more students on the waiting list?

No. The number of applicants invited to any one interveiw day does not determine the number of acceptances generated from that group. We don't use a proportional formula, but rather try to stay completely open to each and every candidate we meet at each and every interview day.

It's an attitude and process that seems to work well for us, because at the end of the entire process, we want each candidate who is offered a seat at Belmont to choose to join us not on the fact that they've been offered a seat, but rather on their belief that our program offers them the best fit from among their options.

I understand where your anxiety is coming from in this question. Relax. If it's meant to be, it will be. And, you've done your part for the moment, so focus on less-stressful things, like remembering how good Tuesday's lunch was :) ...as you can guess, we don't have any problem recruiting member of our current students to join us for interview day lunches.

Eric H. Hobson, Ph.D.
Assoc. Dean
Belmont USOP

Ohlmin -

Did you make it to campus Friday as I seemed to recall you were planning? If so, were you able to get all of your questions answered?

I was out of town (in chilly Maine) but let Dean Johnston know that you might be dropping through.

Did you look at the building project? Nice hole there with a very big crane...all indicators of what's to come.

Feel free to contact me off-line if there's anything I can do for you between now and August.

Eric H. Hobson, Ph.D.
Assoc. Dean
Belmont USOP

Yeah, I stopped in and got my answers as best as they could be given. I'm mostly posting to the gmail group for accepted students now, but I'll try to keep up here and answer questions.

has anybody heard back from from the 4/7 interview? I know they said it usually takes 2 weeks but i've heard from past interviews that some receive calls only few days after

has anybody heard back from from the 4/7 interview? I know they said it usually takes 2 weeks but i've heard from past interviews that some receive calls only few days after

Nope not yet. I think they said the offices were closed thursday and friday so im crossing my fingers for a phone call on Monday. Good luck!

I got my acceptance call this morning :) Im so excited. 99% sure I will be attending Belmont. Good luck to everyone else that is waiting to hear back!