BCPS Fall 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sld14

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else sign-up to take the BCPS exam in the Fall?

I am starting to get nervous about this exam already. I have the 2017 ACCP materials and have been sitting in on the VA BCPS review series.

How is studying going for everyone/how are you mastering the material? Thoughts from those who have taken the exam previously?

Thanks for any tips!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
My heart was racing seeing all of yours were posted.....I passed! Thank god the tortuous wait is over.

(My last name is ‘D’)

Reactions: 1 user
My score just popped up (I passed!). Last name starts with S. I took the exam on 10/7. A friend of mine with last name R just showed up too. Took his exam in the end of September.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’ve also failed this exam before and requested hand scoring. No change in my final score. Just save your $50 and use it towards taking the test again. If you’ve taken this thing multiple times, you’ll see that some of the questions are recycled. That might be just the edge you need to pass the next time.

Woohoo! I passed BCPS too! Stressful because all pharmacists in our hospital and clinic system have to be certified in some specialty by the end of next year!

Just got back from vaca and checked this thread!!!

Passed BCCCP! And while not a rockstar score, comfortably over 500!!

ED Pharmacist parading as an ICU Pharmacist lol

I passed BCPS. I just found out today. I thought the score was going to be released in December, but it was posted on the BPS website.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from vaca and checked this thread!!!

Passed BCCCP! And while not a rockstar score, comfortably over 500!!

ED Pharmacist parading as an ICU Pharmacist lol

I'm in the ED as well. How was the bccp? I'm thinking about taking this next year. Was a lot of the material applicable to what you do in the ED or do you think it'll be more useful for someone in the ICU? Thanks!

Congrats to everyone that passed! I plan to take BCPS spring 2018. Can anyone share their study materials? Thanks!

I'm in the ED as well. How was the bccp? I'm thinking about taking this next year. Was a lot of the material applicable to what you do in the ED or do you think it'll be more useful for someone in the ICU? Thanks!

Most applicable test for us IMO. BCPS would be good to know as well but a lot more stuff for us in the ED all the time for BCCCP. ACLS and stroke stuff was easy peasy for me. Like riding a bike. All the infectious disease stuff was somewhat applicable but got really deep for us and isn't stuff we commonly use (resistance, length of therapy). The hardcore ICU stuff like nutrition I had to learn from stratch since I NEVER do them. Luckily for me the first question I got was something I happened to remember and the test stopped asking me. I got one antifungal question wrong and got hosed the rest of the exam.

Most applicable test for us IMO. BCPS would be good to know as well but a lot more stuff for us in the ED all the time for BCCCP. ACLS and stroke stuff was easy peasy for me. Like riding a bike. All the infectious disease stuff was somewhat applicable but got really deep for us and isn't stuff we commonly use (resistance, length of therapy). The hardcore ICU stuff like nutrition I had to learn from stratch since I NEVER do them. Luckily for me the first question I got was something I happened to remember and the test stopped asking me. I got one antifungal question wrong and got hosed the rest of the exam.
That’s not how the board certification test is. It’s not adaptive. That was how the old NAPLEX was.

Anyone has Bcnsp study materials? I would like to share some your cost. Please PM me! Thanks!!

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question!
I guess I'll be looking at the BCCCP next, unless BPS comes up with an ED specialty in the next year or two. :)

congrats to all those who passed! I plan on taking the BCPS in 2018. Anyone willing to share their BCPS study materials? Please kindly pm me

Anyone else sign-up to take the BCPS exam in the Fall?

I am starting to get nervous about this exam already. I have the 2017 ACCP materials and have been sitting in on the VA BCPS review series.

How is studying going for everyone/how are you mastering the material? Thoughts from those who have taken the exam previously?

Thanks for any tips!
Hello,
Can you share please
abendamkila g mail

BCCCP is like 55% clinical and 45% extra crap. Felt more like 65% clinical to me. I work in the ED so had to learn all the crazy ICU stuff. All the stuff I do all the time (ie: tpa for stroke, PE) was like a duck in water. Contraindications, time frame issues, no problem. If I was an actual ICU Pharmacist this probably wouldn't have required as much studying on my part. Stats were a lot of the "crap" and random questions for the other non-clinical packets. Literally random.
Can you share any review material? Did you take it yet? If not do you want to study for it?
abendamkila gmail com