Baylor vs. Tulane internal medicine residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

H82study

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would love some advice!

I'm in the process of ranking residency and have no idea what to do. At this point I think I'm really interested in a heme/onc fellowship. My significant other has had interviews in Louisiana and Houston, and I've had them all over the place, but if we want to be together it comes down to Baylor vs. Tulane for me. I loved the people and the PD at Tulane and felt like I would get good training, but I've heard that there isn't a isn't a lot research coming out of it, and isn't as much of an academic powerhouse. I've also heard the hospitals were having funding issues. I got the feel that Baylor was more of a top tier research and academic based program with a fantastic fellowship placement, but I didn't get a super positive feel from my interview day.

Or there is the whole long-distance thing to go to a top 10 program.

I did well in medical school, and I would really like to get into a strong program. How important of a factor is where you went to residency in getting a good fellowship program?

Members don't see this ad.