Baylor College of Medicine -- Class of 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I agree with you that it is disheartening to the future matriculants to not contact them during this time. I remember feeling that way myself a few years back.

I would say:

1) Don't hesitate to call the office/email them to get your status and make sure everything is squared away.

2) If it is, then don't worry...you'll be well taken care of. Do some fun stuff with your life!

3) I think you'll need to submit a background check form and then immunization records and stuff (if my memory serves).

4) You'll get that email directing you to the class of 20XX page that has orientation info and suggestions for housing, etc.

5) Use SDN to vent to the current BCM students.

6) Eventually join the interview committee and push for a more aggressive approach to welcoming those who've accepted Baylor's acceptance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I heard from Baylor awhile ago (11/16), but I just now have gotten around to perusing the allopathic section (yay!) of sdn. Congratulations to everyone that has already been accepted! I hope to see you guys there in the summer :)

Please don't let the standoff-ish attitude of the admissions office cloud your judgement of Baylor. I have no idea why they are like that. It is very different from the warm and fuzzy feeling that you get everywhere else at Baylor. They are not representative of what the rest of your time at Baylor will be like. Trust me!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I'm still waiting on my call but I was cuirous if anyone knew when orientation and the first day of classes was?

I'm not sure if this is the date of the orientation or the first day of classes, but I remember the date July 28th being mentioned during my acceptance call. :thumbup:

Hey, I'm still waiting on my call but I was cuirous if anyone knew when orientation and the first day of classes was?

I called the office and asked a while ago... July 28th is the first day of orientation.

Hey so I just called lanesborough to see exactly when you can get on the waitlist for the student housing, and they told me you can do it immediately. I also asked if anyone had signed up on the waitlist already and the guy said there was basically nobody on the waitlist yet. I've heard several times that you couldn't sign up till the end of Jan, but I guess they changed it this year!

Hey so I just called lanesborough to see exactly when you can get on the waitlist for the student housing, and they told me you can do it immediately. I also asked if anyone had signed up on the waitlist already and the guy said there was basically nobody on the waitlist yet. I've heard several times that you couldn't sign up till the end of Jan, but I guess they changed it this year!

Where are those apartments? Are they good? What is the number I call to get on the waitlist?

Hey guys! I just got the call yesterday :) and I'm soooooo excited! So I have so many questions...but I guess housing is the biggest issue. Anyone looking at apartments right now? Anything good? when does baylor usually give us financial aid?

Lanesborough is the apt complex that is probably #1 for students, since it's on the metrorail (only 3 stops from the one for school) and reasonably priced (I guess...)

Does anyone remember what the grading scale is like at baylor? it's been so long since my interview...I think it was high pass, pass, or something to that extent. Do any of the students there now feel like it's a competitive atmosphere?

thanks

TIPS FOR STUDY GUIDES
-Try to summarize lectures on a page or less. They really only test the big concepts b/c there is so much material.
- Make your notes each day after lecture, but don't copy them straight out of the syllabus, a summary of each lesson with all the main points in your own words ensures you understood the concepts
- Find old tests, sometimes put on reserve in ERC by Block
- Make your study guides as the block progresses. Making a chart/notecards/etc the night before the exam will not be as helpful as one made over the 6 weeks
- If you decide to study with a person/group, make sure you actually do some work!
- Study the same way that you did in college. It obviously worked
- Use the study guide from the syllabus more than the required reading

BOOK RECOMMENDATIONS (sorry lost the bolding on this part. maybe someone can help add them in?? this guide will also be in the intranet once baylor gives you a baylor account ID.
Here is a list of books that the Class of 2008 used. The ones in BOLD were owned by most everyone in the class. The other books are included for those who benefit from using books and are not essential.
Block 1: Junqeira, USMLE first aid, USMLE step 1 guide (some students say that a few questions came directly from here), Langmann's Embryology (good pics), Bates for PPS
Anatomy: New Harveys (updated from syllabus given in class), Netter's for anatomy (better diagrams/charts), Rohen's gives labeled pictures of cadavers (pretty much everyone owns either Netter's or Rohens or both), BRS anatomy for sample questions, Ackland videos available in ERC are very helpful
Blocks 2-3: BRS physiology
Block 4: Cellular and Molecular Immunology
Block 5-6: Microbiology Made Ridiculously Simply
-Use other libraries. Many have books that you can check out rather than buying the textbooks, using them for one block and never looking at them again.
-Buy books ahead of time online to save money

IPS RESOURCES
ERC web resources (on ERC homepage): statref, uptodate.com, Harrison's online
Webmd.com
PubMed
Mdconsult.com
Emedicine.com
Medlineplus

HOUSING (some of the rent info will undoubtedly be outdated, but the comments on the apts are generally sound
Use Apartment Locators. They will take you around for free to as many apartments that you want in their own car (so you do not spend the day getting lost).

San Melia: $1265/mo for 2BR/2BA/~1200SF, received 2 mo. free w/special they were having, ended up about $1065/mo
Include transportation options from your location
Bus: 87, nearest bus stop about a 5-7 min. walk (depending on how fast you walk)
Apt. Shuttle: tokens are $0.50 each way, passes once every hour
Overall recommend or avoid: Rate from 5 (best) to 1 (worst)
4: PROS: very nice, pretty new apt.'s, nice office staff, beautiful pool/exercise facility
CONS: walk to/from bus seems long on hot or rainy days

Lanesborough $730 mo
Next year two of us are getting a two bedroom there for about 1100.
Light Rail, AMAZING! (Railpass free provided by Baylor), walk (25 min), bike (10 min)
3-4, the annoyances (bugs, things breaking, mean ladies at the office) are worth the easy access to school, great amenities and location, convenience

Camden Vanderbilt on Buffalo Speedway - $800 for a single 1 bed/1bath
I think they had a discount of $150 off, but it was for everyone, not just med students. It's a really nice place and the management is wonderful. You put in a request and it gets done that afternoon or next morning.
Metro bus to the metro rail, or the metro bus all the way
5 – I really like living here, but transportation is kind of annoying though…I'd prefer to just take the rail instead of the bus, but it's okay. I get to school in 30 min. Only about 4-5 people from our current class live here.
Cambridge Court at 8055 Cambridge, I rent a two bedroom condo for $745 a month.
Bus #87 just outside the complex, close enough to bike (10-15 mins) or walk (45 mins).
AMLI apartments- $880 for a two bedroom, two bath. It is a well kept, nice apartment complex. Bus stop about 10 minutes away. Biking to the med center takes about 15 minutes (my preferred method).
I would rate it a 4. It is a really nice apartment that is not too expensive. The only problem is that the bus stop is not right outside the complex.
Parque Del Oro - $760 for the first year which included the discount
(discount at that time was 2 months free prorated over the year)
Shuttle, Bus (but you have to walk a little ways to it)
3, not the most convenient place but the floor plan is really nice if you have a roommate. It's a very generous split plan, but I'm unsure how much the price will go up in the 2nd year. It's a very small complex, and the management is good. Neighbors can get a little loud because most of them go to UH or Rice with some med students, PA students, graduate students, and other people interspersed in between.
Archstone med center: $790/ mo for a 2/1 (850sq ft) not including utilities (around $100 mo), rates vary month to month, check w/ office
Light rail is superconvenient
i love archstone medical center (i heard the other archstones weren't so great), they fix things fast and are very professional. very clean and new. i feel safe and completely at home. no problems at all, Rate it a 5

Versailles Park: $845 mo but $685 w/ 2 months free for 1/1
Transportation: 87 bus is around the corner, 5 minute walk to bus stop
Drive and park near Rice along residential street and walk in, takes 30 minutes total
Rate 4: nice grounds w/ palm trees, excellent price w/ 2 mos free, it seems that in the past 2 mos the people moving in have been questionable

I wouldn't recommend the Esplanade….I've lived there for a year and won't live there next year….they have not been very customer-friendly and are constantly struggling with crime

**Home: Pearland, Community: Parks at Walnut Bend
$142,000 for brand new home, about 2100 SF, mortgage payments about $1400/mo
Commute: about 50-55 min. total time to drive to Fannin South Park & Ride ($2/day, $35/mo), take metrorail (free for students) and walk to class
Rate 4/5: PROS: great investment, very good for kids (nice community, good school district and schools), much lower crime rate
CONS: commute, probably more expensive per month than renting in Houston (but you are owning it not renting it)

A very spacious 2/1 for 1050 a month (split b/w 2 people), it is a duplex less than a mile from campus located in a quiet, safe neighborhood. It takes me less than 15 minutes to walk to school in the morning. The bike ride would probably be around 5 minutes.

RESTAURANTS
-Café Adobe- 3 dollar margaritas on Mondays,
-Angelica- Cheap Date Night- 5 dollar movie/popcorn/drink- also on Mondays
-Amazon Grill
-Collina's
-Chocolate Bar
-Two Rows: dollar pint night
-Free brewery tour with samples at saint arnold's every Saturday.
-Ming's located at Montrose and Westheimer, best Chinese in town.
-Baba Yega -- healthy yummy food $8-12,
-Chinatown (go to bellaire st., and pick any restaurant you want, explore)
-Istanbul Grill -- the best Turkish/Mediteranean food ever for $6-15
-Empire Café, plates go for $10-$15, they serve a variety of sandwiches, chicken plates, pizzas, a variety of coffee drinks, and awesome slices of cake
-The Red Onion (on Kirby) – great place to take the parents, delicious Central American cuisine and fabulous margaritas! $15-24
-Sushi Rock – $6-8 for lunch special, Thai/Japanese
-Niko Niko's – $7-10, Greek
-Fadi's Mediterranean Grill – $8-10, Mediterranean
-Sinh Sinh – $7-10 a dish, Chinese/Vietnamese
-Mayuri - $10 Lunch buffet, Indian
-BW3/Buffalo Wild Wings – 35 cent wings on Tuesday and 50 cent legs
-Cheesecake Factory – $10-17, Galleria area, good portions compared to other upscale places
-Eatzi's – $5-10, healthy food, not really a restaurant though
-Hungry's in the Village – $8-13, Mediterranean
-La Tapatia on Richmond and Hazard-ish – Open late night, $3-10, Mexican food
-Chacho's – $3-10, open late nights
-Pei Wei: $10 a plate
http://www.myconsumerguide.com/entertainment_guide.htm

COFFEE SHOPS/ STUDY
-Diedrich's coffee
-Crossroads – coffee
-Salentos
-Café Brazil
-House of Pies on Kirby
-Taft Street Coffee – only coffee and a few pastries, but a great study spot! $2-5.
-Teahouse on Shepherd - $3 a drink, Tapioca

CHILDCARE
Southampton Montessori School, 5012 Morningside, Houston, TX: this school is in the Rice Village, I've had my 2 girls here since August and we love it
PROS: Great program, very nice teachers and staff, certified through American Montessori Society, they learn and play a lot, both my girls love it there
CONS: pretty pricey, we pay about $700/mo for each girl
*I know the price is pretty daunting, but I was willing to pay for it because it was the place where I felt I would be most comfortable leaving them and I wouldn't feel guilty if I had to leave them there a little longer so I could study or do this or that. BTW, Baylor has a daycare expenses allowance that they include in your financial aid package.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone remember what the grading scale is like at baylor? it's been so long since my interview...I think it was high pass, pass, or something to that extent. Do any of the students there now feel like it's a competitive atmosphere?

thanks

honors, high pass, pass, marginal pass, fail.

baylor is as competitive as you make it to be. no one will pressure you to be a gunner or to study hard but yourself. you basically motivate yourself according to your goals -- if you want a competitive residency you have to study harder; if you want to keep your options open you will have to study hard too. this isn't pre-med where everyone's aiming for the same thing -- med school. there's room for some slack if you are interested in primary care or the medium-competitive residencies. for the most part, you will end up self-selecting what residency you get into based on how hard you decide to work in med school.

Where are those apartments? Are they good? What is the number I call to get on the waitlist?

look at my post in the previous page.

The leasing office is located at
1819 S Braeswood Blvd
Houston, TX 77030

(713) 797-9393

Question for Baylor students who own condos/townhomes near TMC. I'm seriously considering Baylor at this point and am an OOS student who would buy a condo or townhome nearby to become a resident for 2-4yr. Any places that you would suggest or tell me stay away from as I begin my search online? I probably wouldn't be able to get down there until late May to actually look in person.

Question for Baylor students who own condos/townhomes near TMC. I'm seriously considering Baylor at this point and am an OOS student who would buy a condo or townhome nearby to become a resident for 2-4yr. Any places that you would suggest or tell me stay away from as I begin my search online? I probably wouldn't be able to get down there until late May to actually look in person.

I went to look at houses close to baylor to see about possibly buying one. We drove pass all these nice houses and finally came to a really old crappy tiny house with a for sale sign. I thought what the hell and I called the number. I asked how much they were selling for. The guy was like 398....and thats when I decided on an apartment lol.
I signed up to get on the waiting list at Lanesborough yesterday. I LOVED the apartments and you can get a 2 bedroom for just over 600 a month. I was the first person on the waiting list, and they can basically guarantee you a spot if you sign up now.

I never thought I'd be poking around in this thread, and certainly not this early. I didn't get a call but an acceptance to BOTH UT Southwestern and Baylor on Christmas Eve! How's that for a nice Christmas present?

Right now I have no clue as to which one I'd want to pick. I don't want to bum around on these two offers until the last minute because I know someone else would love to go to each of these schools. I was wondering what people actually look for in a med school? Personally, I could see myself going to either one and not regret picking the other, but these kinds of decisions aren't usually decided by something as simple as a coin flip, you know?

*sigh*

Merry Christmas!

congrats therealmd!! that is amazing...both on the same day? it doesnt get much better than that! i just had a question in general for everyone. for ppl who want to accept the BCM offer but are not sure they want to go there, are u guys sending in the deposit with the acceptance letter? by sending in the $300, does it lock us in at BCM (cuz i dont want to be locked in, but i want to accept the offer)

in addition, when is the deadline to send in our transcripts from the past semester?

congrats therealmd!! that is amazing...both on the same day? it doesnt get much better than that! i just had a question in general for everyone. for ppl who want to accept the BCM offer but are not sure they want to go there, are u guys sending in the deposit with the acceptance letter? by sending in the $300, does it lock us in at BCM (cuz i dont want to be locked in, but i want to accept the offer)

in addition, when is the deadline to send in our transcripts from the past semester?

i sent in the letter to accept the offer first and then the $300 much later when i was sure i wanted to go to baylor. i've heard that the $300 is refundable even if you don't end up going but i am not sure. i think someone posted something to that effect in this thread.

as for the deadline to transcripts, i don't know. sorry!

whose excited about starting med school at baylor?!?! woooo haha sorry guys I'm still really excited about my acceptance. So I'm still waiting on my acceptance letter and I got accepted last wed. Is it normal to take this long? Also when do we usually find out about scholarships slash financial aid. thanks!

whose excited about starting med school at baylor?!?! woooo haha sorry guys I'm still really excited about my acceptance. So I'm still waiting on my acceptance letter and I got accepted last wed. Is it normal to take this long? Also when do we usually find out about scholarships slash financial aid. thanks!

I never got a call, but my letter was dated well over two weeks ago. Apparently it takes 5 days just to get from being printed to the post office!

Just wait, it will come! ;)

RealMD,

I would seriously suggest trying to decide where you'll be happier. I'm sure that if you went to both interviews you already know the advantages of the 2 schools...but try to ask students if they're happy where they are and if they'd select that school again.

Both UTSW and BCM are great...it's just that Baylor is better ranked, the students are happier, the curriculum gives you more free time and less stress, and the residents are nicer. ;)

I definitely feel like he has a point. I interviewed at both utsw and baylor and I also have a friend that goes to utsw. Baylor does seem to be a happier place. plus the TMC is so amazing and although parkland is cool it can't compare. This is how I felt...but honestly I'm sure you know where you want to go. Forget about rankings, forget about step one scores, and choose a school that you know you will be happy at :). you will figure it out.

I never thought I'd be poking around in this thread, and certainly not this early. I didn't get a call but an acceptance to BOTH UT Southwestern and Baylor on Christmas Eve! How's that for a nice Christmas present?

Right now I have no clue as to which one I'd want to pick. I don't want to bum around on these two offers until the last minute because I know someone else would love to go to each of these schools. I was wondering what people actually look for in a med school? Personally, I could see myself going to either one and not regret picking the other, but these kinds of decisions aren't usually decided by something as simple as a coin flip, you know?

*sigh*

Merry Christmas!

Hehe. Congratulations!!

Sounds like you like both schools a lot. In a way, it's a great position to be in. I'm sure you can come up with a list of pros and cons and scores as well as the next person. I'm sure you'll do well no matter where you go. In the meantime, if you have a Real Question about specifics, you can get help from BCM and UTSW students to make sure you understand the details of both options. :luck:

Well I'm mailing my acceptance sheet and my deposit tomorrow! YAY! so does anyone have any info on the Ut houston housing in the med center? a phone number or how we get on the waitlist? anyone recommend it or not recommend it? happy new year guys!

Well I'm mailing my acceptance sheet and my deposit tomorrow! YAY! so does anyone have any info on the Ut houston housing in the med center? a phone number or how we get on the waitlist? anyone recommend it or not recommend it? happy new year guys!

Google is your friend: http://ae.uth.tmc.edu/housing/index.html

The website is pretty sparse. I think I'l give them a call on Wednesday to see if I can get some more photos. The apartments in the El Paseo complex built in '05 I hear are really hard to get into (but are really nice). I wish they hand more pictures besides layout plans.

As for the actual housing application itself, the waitlist starts the third week of January. You have to mail in a completed housing form, a copy of your BCM acceptance letter and a $50 non-refundable fee in order to get placed on the list. They'll try to contact you twice when housing arrangements have been decided for you otherwise you forfeit your spot. If you didn't interview at UTH, their housing complex is really really close to the med center. We went from UTH to their housing complex is 5 minutes flat. It's also located along the light rail, so no dealing with parking. Woohoo!

As for picking between UTSW and Baylor, for now I've gone with Baylor. We'll see if financial aid changes anything, but since UTSW is a public school, I'm not expecting that much. I know I'd be happy at either of the schools, but it's time to leave Dallas for something new. My bro and sis-in-law will just have to live with my decision! (both UTSW grads) :p

Oh, I have one other question. Me and my parents were starting on thinking how much everything will cost me. Baylor says that "Book supplies" will cost, $6,298. Are these books dipped in gold or am I missing something? Thanks.

I say don't believe that "book supplies" number. Ask someone a little more recent (my class still had free syllabi), but there shouldn't be any way one can spend that much on book supplies. I don't even know what book supplies are. Maybe that little folding stand that holds the book upright so you can read is considered one of the supplies?

It's crazy. Just like paying $3000 for a computer for school is crazy. I think I only spent about $300 on books my first year (again, free syllabi).

Apparently we have a facebook now. Just search for "Baylor College of Medicine Class of 2012"

Wooo Baylor! NO one has posted in a while...so I thought i would. hahaha YAY!

yaaaaaay, USMLE Step 1! Oh wait, you guys aren't worried about that yet...

So as far as housing in the med center, riverie's post was very helpful, but I was wondering if there was some kind of apartment hunting website for the area? Or place you can find someone to take you around to look at places like someone mentioned earlier.

By the way, I got a really bad impression about the UT housing. Me and my fiance went to see them and they made it sound like if you don't get an application IN by January 17 (when they start the wait list) then you will not get an apartment there. Even if you do get one in on the 17th, they won't tell you that you have an apartment or not until at most 30 days before hand. It seems like we would be taking a huge gamble since we are moving in from out of town, and we need to be sure about it. Do you typically get an apartment or is it as uncertain as they make it out to be?

Thanks

I've heard of quite a few people who couldn't get a place at UT because of the long wait list. So I wouldn't be surprised if what they told you is true...the earlier you can get your foot in the door, the better.

Dunno of any good apt. hunting websites, sorry. I think most people compile a list of places like the ones we've discussed here and just go check 'em out. Should be <10 complexes that account for the majority of apt-living BCM students.

So as far as housing in the med center, riverie's post was very helpful, but I was wondering if there was some kind of apartment hunting website for the area? Or place you can find someone to take you around to look at places like someone mentioned earlier.

By the way, I got a really bad impression about the UT housing. Me and my fiance went to see them and they made it sound like if you don't get an application IN by January 17 (when they start the wait list) then you will not get an apartment there. Even if you do get one in on the 17th, they won't tell you that you have an apartment or not until at most 30 days before hand. It seems like we would be taking a huge gamble since we are moving in from out of town, and we need to be sure about it. Do you typically get an apartment or is it as uncertain as they make it out to be?

Thanks

this is the website recommended by the class of 08 http://www.apartmentlocators.com/

You can get an agent to bring you around for free, but be aware that they are paid commision by the apartment communities, so they might miss showing you certain communities that may be a great fit for you but aren't paying them.

When you get on any apartment waitlist, they do not guarantee you a spot, as it is all dependent on availability when people move out. I think I was told a month or two in advance of my move-in date that indeed I had an apartment.

Sooo I went apartment shopping while I was in town this xmas. There are a lot of nice apartments near the rail that are a lot cheaper than Lanesborough. and biggger i think. there is a free apartment guide book my sister gave me she said she got it from borders. it has rates and pictures...so it's pretty amazing.

class of 2012 has an info page on baylors website! I just got the email from the student affairs office. here is the link:
http://www.bcm.edu/osa/2012

Site gives info on orientation, vaccination records, and a little bit on housing

Thanks

So do you actually have to be there in Houston to give it to them or mail it in? Their website is sparse on information. Maybe I should give them a call.

So do you actually have to be there in Houston to give it to them or mail it in? Their website is sparse on information. Maybe I should give them a call.

Someone has to be here in person to turn it in. They also have to have proof of your acceptance to Baylor in hand, as well as the application and a $50 application fee (there is a separate application and fee for both the old and new parts of the apartments). They told me there was going to be a huge line waiting to turn all this stuff in at 8am, or whenever they open of 200+ people.

so where exactly is condoland? is it where lanesborough is?

No, Condoland is South of the TMC and Lanesborough. Kind of between Old Spanish Trail and 610.

You'll hear streets like Cambridge, El Paseo, Holly Hall...that's condoland. Cheaper, older places are the norm there, mostly for sale (condos) but a few apartments as well.

And there isn't much shopping or anything else in the heart of it. It's just thousands of apt. units all smushed into a few blocks.

I just read about the Favrot apartments on the BCM co2012 page, and I was just wondering why I had never heard anyone mention these before? You can litterally SEE BCM from the building, and its a 2-3 minute walk there, they are fully furnished and have all bills included for a sweet deal. Is there something I don't know about?

http://www.texmedctr.tmc.edu/root/en/TMCServices/Housing/Favrot.htm

What do yall think?

I just read about the Favrot apartments on the BCM co2012 page, and I was just wondering why I had never heard anyone mention these before? You can litterally SEE BCM from the building, and its a 2-3 minute walk there, they are fully furnished and have all bills included for a sweet deal. Is there something I don't know about?

http://www.texmedctr.tmc.edu/root/en/TMCServices/Housing/Favrot.htm

What do yall think?

it's true that you can literally roll out of bed and go to class, but previous tenants have complained about the small rooms, the miniscule windows, the lack of cable tv (i think,) and probable lousy internet connection. kinda like living in a shoebox (my own words.)

it's true that you can literally roll out of bed and go to class, but previous tenants have complained about the small rooms, the miniscule windows, the lack of cable tv (i think,) and probable lousy internet connection. kinda like living in a shoebox (my own words.)

I know what you mean, on the website the biggest room they have is 500 sq ft. which scares me. I went over to try and get to see a room today but they are closed on the weekends and i'm heading back to college station tomorrow :mad:

Been living in a dorm all 4 years of undergrad, and this place seems a little too dormy. I do not want to live in a box for another 4 years! But it's so damn convenient!

Yes, Riverie has hit most of the points on the head. Some friends of mine lived there, so I've been in the rooms. It's like a small dorm room. Your roomate will likely change every month or two (lots of international students/residents doing electives). The kitchen area is tiny, the dining/living area is tiny, the bathroom is tiny...it's just like an old college dorm room. The workout facilities downstairs are pretty dinky too.

Also, you have to park your car in a distant lot and ride the shuttle to get to it. So while it's very convinient to get to class, it's not so fun waiting 10 minutes outside, 6 minutes on the bus, and walking 2 minutes to your car when you wanna go out with your friends or whatever.

I think most people figure they'll be "living" in the med center soon enough in residency/latter part of med school...so why start literally living in the med center as an MS1?

Someone has to be here in person to turn it in. They also have to have proof of your acceptance to Baylor in hand, as well as the application and a $50 application fee (there is a separate application and fee for both the old and new parts of the apartments). They told me there was going to be a huge line waiting to turn all this stuff in at 8am, or whenever they open of 200+ people.

Bleh, time to find somewhere else then. Anyone have a list of complexes where students usually live? I've never looked for an apartment before (because living on campus means you can wake up 10 min before class!)

I know what you mean, on the website the biggest room they have is 500 sq ft. which scares me. I went over to try and get to see a room today but they are closed on the weekends and i'm heading back to college station tomorrow :mad:

Been living in a dorm all 4 years of undergrad, and this place seems a little too dormy. I do not want to live in a box for another 4 years! But it's so damn convenient!

well, it's not that inconvenient to hop on the train to go to school. for the feeling of not dorming it up and having a nice-sized apartment all to yourself, i think it's worth the "trouble."

plus, the nearest parking for favrot is a shuttle-ride away, so going out, getting groceries, and even driving to your PPS preceptor is going to be a huge inconvenience. don't forget that you won't be on basic sciences forever and will have to drive to some rotations, so living at favrot won't always be that convenient.

edit: oops wrote this before i saw generic's post. hehe.

What can anyone tell me about Greenbriar apartments?