General Admissions & OTCAS Bay Path University Fall 2018 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Your welcome. They pull people off the waitlist all the way until July so there is a lot of time to still get accepted. They will let you know as soon as they hear back from the decisions of all the students who were accepted. One of my good friends heard back in April so you still have a chance!

That makes me feel loads better! I’d rather find out sooner than July though because I’m out of state and would need to make plans for finding housing! So I’m really hoping they don’t wait till the last min haha

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Super helpful! but can you please clarify the “A positive note is that if you get waitlisted the same day...” part. Same day as what?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
The same day as people who got accepted. They may still add people to the waitlist in the next few weeks but if you hear back the same day your usually closer to the top!

That makes me feel loads better! I’d rather find out sooner than July though because I’m out of state and would need to make plans for finding housing! So I’m really hoping they don’t wait till the last min haha

Same, I’m from WA haha

Members don't see this ad :)
The same day as people who got accepted. They may still add people to the waitlist in the next few weeks but if you hear back the same day your usually closer to the top!

Wooooo!! So glad people like you who are in the program are in these forums. Thanks!

I was accepted yesterday and was so excited. I accepted my spot. Congrats to everyone who was accepted and good luck to those who are waiting. I had applied to Springfield too. I received and email last month saying I made it to the second round and made the additional payment. They then said it would be 4-6 weeks before hearing back.

Reactions: 1 users
I was accepted yesterday and was so excited. I accepted my spot. Congrats to everyone who was accepted and good luck to those who are waiting. I had applied to Springfield too. I received and email last month saying I made it to the second round and made the additional payment. They then said it would be 4-6 weeks before hearing back.

I'm guessing I was rejected since I never got an email or anything oh well haha

Even if you weren't accepted, wouldn't any school send a letter or email telling you so?

Even if you weren't accepted, wouldn't any school send a letter or email telling you so?

That's what I was thinking like I just assumed I was because I haven't heard anything from Sacred Heart or Springfield or any other schools I had applied to besides Bay Path. Weird. But I've seen people hearing back from SHU so I'm assuming I didn't make the cut

That's what I was thinking like I just assumed I was because I haven't heard anything from Sacred Heart or Springfield or any other schools I had applied to besides Bay Path. Weird. But I've seen people hearing back from SHU so I'm assuming I didn't make the cut

Yeah, everyone is anxious waiting to hear back and we all just assume the worse. But let's try and stay positive , even if it's easier said than done.

Yeah, everyone is anxious waiting to hear back and we all just assume the worse. But let's try and stay positive , even if it's easier said than done.

Easier said than done definitely lol. But after getting more info about how the wait list works at Bay Path I feel so much better. Probably a lot of people do

Easier said than done definitely lol. But after getting more info about how the wait list works at Bay Path I feel so much better. Probably a lot of people do

At least you can sleep easy now lol. I still haven't heard anything back. Ugh it's torturous:(

Members don't see this ad :)
Everyone in waitlist purgatory: Maggie sent out an email with more info!!

just got the email as well! I'm just wondering how many people are on the waiting list!

What did the email say? I guess I am still waiting on that email

Just gave us more info about the waitlist! And they can’t give us ranks because it’s impossible to tell because of the window. I’m from out of state so I’m hoping I hear before June lol

Just gave us more info about the waitlist! And they can’t give us ranks because it’s impossible to tell because of the window. I’m from out of state so I’m hoping I hear before June lol
Just got the email lol

She sent me this I hope this helps :)

Attachments

• 5D96D2E5-E371-4952-9F81-007CA134E0D1.png
    5D96D2E5-E371-4952-9F81-007CA134E0D1.png
    262.6 KB · Views: 81
  • FD31BA8B-177C-4FCD-BB23-955F7750DA1D.png
    FD31BA8B-177C-4FCD-BB23-955F7750DA1D.png
    291.7 KB · Views: 63
Just got the email too. So nerve wracking. Best of luck to everyone on the waitlist! :)

Got accepted on Tuesday! Definitely going, sent in my deposit yesterday. I am from New Jersey and I am a working COTA! Best to luck to everyone that is on the waitlist and congrats to everyone that got accepted. Can't wait to meet everyone!!

Reactions: 2 users
Just got the email too. So nerve wracking. Best of luck to everyone on the waitlist! :)
Got accepted on Tuesday! Definitely going, sent in my deposit yesterday. I am from New Jersey and I am a working COTA! Best to luck to everyone that is on the waitlist and congrats to everyone that got accepted. Can't wait to meet everyone!!

Congrats!!! So happy for you hope to join you in the fall!

I emailed Maggie today asking about the decision emails and she said everyone should have gotten one Tuesday around 5PM EST. I didn't get anything so I'm just waiting to hear back from her to see what's up :unsure:

That happened to me too !..so I called maggie and left a message. She emailed me that I was waitlisted

I emailed Maggie today asking about the decision emails and she said everyone should have gotten one Tuesday around 5PM EST. I didn't get anything so I'm just waiting to hear back from her to see what's up :unsure:
I got mine today, so don't lose hope!

Definitely very stressful. Hopefully we will here good news soon !

Did Bay Path send out rejections too or just acceptance/waitlist?

I wish we didn't have to wait all the way till almost the last min to hear anything

I wish we didn't have to wait all the way till almost the last min to hear anything

We should start hearing back from Bay Path after March 20th.

Okay that definitely seems more accurate lol

I’m not 100% sure, so don’t quote me haha.

I only say we should hear back after March 20th because they first sent out acceptance/waitlist offers on March 6th and those students have 2 weeks to respond. So until the 2 week deadline to respond has passed, the school won’t know how many spots are open for students on the waitlist. But even then, some students on the waitlist will decline their seat because of offers from other schools. This will either allow students who are farther down on the waitlist a chance to be accepted or if they’ve accepted everyone off the waitlist, this will prompt more waitlist offers from Bay Path to students who have not yet received an acceptance or waitlist offer.

Again, I’m a candidate on the waitlist, not a current student in the program. If anyone has more accurate information, please feel free to correct me!

I’m not 100% sure, so don’t quote me haha.

I only say we should hear back after March 20th because they first sent out acceptance/waitlist offers on March 6th and those students have 2 weeks to respond. So until the 2 week deadline to respond has passed, the school won’t know how many spots are open for students on the waitlist. But even then, some students on the waitlist will decline their seat because of offers from other schools. This will either allow students who are farther down on the waitlist a chance to be accepted or if they’ve accepted everyone off the waitlist, this will prompt more waitlist offers from Bay Path to students who have not yet received an acceptance or waitlist offer.

Again, I’m a candidate on the waitlist, not a current student in the program. If anyone has more accurate information, please feel free to correct me!

Yeah I have A feeling you’re right though.

How is the school handing the storm right now?

The school was closed on Wednesday and had a late opening on Thursday. I usually hate snow days because we get a lot of snow day make up work on top of whatever else is due but last week wasn’t that bad!

Oh boy, so Maggie finally got back to me. I got waitlisted.

Oh boy, so Maggie finally got back to me. I got waitlisted.

I havent Heard from any other of my schools yet besides Bay Path so I’m praying we’ll hear some news by the 20th

I got in and am in the SAME situation, I took stats and got an A but my acceptance said I need to take it?
Have you heard anything on your Stats? I submitted my syllabus last week. She said because it is not listed as a math course, they would have to get it approved. I took mine under my degree plan of Sociology, but considering we ultimately do 3 additional classes in relation to stats, I think it will pass. Def don't want to make any decisions without knowing if they are going to accept it. :/

I believe total tuition comes out around 79k. Not sure about books but I know there is around $800 in lab fees and we are also required to have an iPad! That info is from the open house. Hope it helps!
I'm in the program now and we've only had to use the iPads for making video assignments. That's been maybe 2-3 times. I highly recommend not buying the iPad for that reason. Also, in addition to books, you'll spend a lot of money on projects and field work. For our level 1 we had to buy all the materials for the activities we were running. Congrats to everyone who got accepted! Be prepared for a rough, rough summer 1 and first semester. It's no joke!

Reactions: 3 users
I'm in the program now and we've only had to use the iPads for making video assignments. That's been maybe 2-3 times. I highly recommend not buying the iPad for that reason. Also, in addition to books, you'll spend a lot of money on projects and field work. For our level 1 we had to buy all the materials for the activities we were running. Congrats to everyone who got accepted! Be prepared for a rough, rough summer 1 and first semester. It's no joke!

Based on your experience so far, would you encourage or discourage new students from holding a job during summer 1 and the first semester?