Bay Area EMS q

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LastOneStanding

Future fodder
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all.
I'm Boston-based EMT certified post-undergrad, been working in clinical research for a year and a half (paperwork an d lab mostly), volunteering in an ED, and plan on working as a EMT in an ambulance for the summer (because sitting at a desk doing forms gets old, fast ). I'm applying this year for fall 2007.

I really want to move out to San Fran after my lease runs out this august, and want to preferable work as an EMT out there (or an work in an ED or some other way in EM). I only have a year to work with, and was don’t want to use 5 months or so to get recertified, only to work for a couple more months before med school (probably back here in MA/NY).

Checked out the web sites of the public health and couldn't figure out if I can transfer my EMT license or if I have to take the whole course again to get certified in CA. Also could only find one EMT course in SF, and it was August to December. I was wondering if any of you SDN guys knew any good programs/ knew about the certification/ had any thoughts on moving out there.

thanks
-Carl

Members don't see this ad.

If you are nationaly registered, you should have no problem transfering ur licence to any county here. I'm an EMT in the east bay. To find the registration procedure of any county like san frnacisco or alameda (east bay) go to their county public ems site. If you aren't nationaly registered, contact the county and ask.