Barry University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doclm

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have anyone here interviewed or gone to Barry University? I got an interview and was wondering what others think about the school.

Thanks for your input.

Members don't see this ad.

If you'll browse through the other threads, you'll see that I have made a few comments about Barry and I like the place. Going to school near the beaches of South Florida aside, there are a lot of other things that I like about it. The only negative, right now, is that the facilities are a little old (the current facilities were built in the 1970's), but a new School of Graduate Medical Sciences is being built as we speak. Of course, there is the current hurricane problem-- classes were cancelled for a week and full power won't be restored until Wednesday-- but that doesn't happen very often.

I like the fact that you can qualify for an MS degree in Biological Sciences after your first two years of school. I like the fact that they offer the DPM/MBA degree, which you can complete in only four years. I like the fact that there are PA, and Nursing, and other Allied Health programs going on, all in the same place. I like the fact there there are so many undergraduate programs-- meaning there are lots of extracuricular activites going on.

The cafeteria services are great, the weight room is fantastic, intercollegiate and intramural sports are available. Not that I like women's volletball that much, but they do have three recent national titles there. Just walking around the campus is like strolling through a tropical paradise. Oh...it's really hot there, but I hate snow.

The students, faculty, and administration members that I met there were simply wonderful. Yes, you could probably say the same thing about a lot of other places, but I think it is worth a look.

Good Luck!

Thank you for your response, I am really looking forward to interviewing there. Currently I live in Minnesota, so getting out of this cold place does not seem bad at all. Have you chose a pod school yet?

Thanks a lot!

scpod said:
If you'll browse through the other threads, you'll see that I have made a few comments about Barry and I like the place. Going to school near the beaches of South Florida aside, there are a lot of other things that I like about it. The only negative, right now, is that the facilities are a little old (the current facilities were built in the 1970's), but a new School of Graduate Medical Sciences is being built as we speak. Of course, there is the current hurricane problem-- classes were cancelled for a week and full power won't be restored until Wednesday-- but that doesn't happen very often.

I like the fact that you can qualify for an MS degree in Biological Sciences after your first two years of school. I like the fact that they offer the DPM/MBA degree, which you can complete in only four years. I like the fact that there are PA, and Nursing, and other Allied Health programs going on, all in the same place. I like the fact there there are so many undergraduate programs-- meaning there are lots of extracuricular activites going on.

The cafeteria services are great, the weight room is fantastic, intercollegiate and intramural sports are available. Not that I like women's volletball that much, but they do have three recent national titles there. Just walking around the campus is like strolling through a tropical paradise. Oh...it's really hot there, but I hate snow.

The students, faculty, and administration members that I met there were simply wonderful. Yes, you could probably say the same thing about a lot of other places, but I think it is worth a look.

Good Luck!

doclm said:
Thank you for your response, I am really looking forward to interviewing there. Currently I live in Minnesota, so getting out of this cold place does not seem bad at all. Have you chose a pod school yet?

Thanks a lot!

My final choices came down to Scholl and Barry, but I sent my deposit to Barry last week. The final decision really had to do with the atmosphere-- tropical paradise won out. Oh...and the lack of snow was a factor as well. Can you imagine any better way to spend an afternoon studying in October than an 80 degree day on the beach?

Good Luck!