General Admissions & OTCAS Barry University Fall 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

disneyOT

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!
Is anyone here attending Barry U for the Fall 2018 program?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi! I had my interview 2 weeks ago. When did you hear you were accepted? Fingers crossed. I really hope I can attend.

Rather, when did you interview and how long did it take to receive your acceptance? I’m nervous I feel like it’s taking too long for me..

Members don't see this ad :)
Rather, when did you interview and how long did it take to receive your acceptance? I’m nervous I feel like it’s taking too long for me..
Hi there! I interviewed 3/26 and I got an email 3/29. Best of luck!!

I'm curious what your stats are in terms of prerequisites? Do you mind sharing them?

Undergraduate University: FIU
Degree: B.A in Psychology
Cumulative GPA: 3.81
Prerequisite GPA: 3.60
GRE: 148 V 147 Q 3.5 AW
Misc: 80+ hours in pediatric setting, graduated Magna Cum Laude, Dean’s List (3x), member of Golden Key International Honour Society.
Applied to: FIU, Barry University (interviewed), University of St. Augustine (interviewed)
Acceptances: University of St. Augustine (03/29), Barry University (03/28)

Members don't see this ad :)
And gre? Undergraduate GPA? Observation hours?
Gre was average, can't remember exactly, was not amazing score. 400+ hours in 4 different settings. Undergrad gpa is still in progress. I graduate in 2 weeks!

Last edited:
Yes, I'll be there! You coming from Ohio? Or do you just like OH since it's in your name?

Yes lol. I like Ohio but I can live without the bipolar weather lol. I'm ready for the change. Where are you coming from?

Hi! I'm curious about your prerequisite statistics. Do you mind sharing?

Sure!! BS In human development and family studies and minor in psychology.... Undergrad gpa: 3.56, pre requisite gpa: 3.6, 130 shadowing hours in different settings, 270 hours interning with children with disabilities, GRE: verbal- 153 quant- 148 W: 4.0

Also, does anyone know if there was a Facebook group made for our class yet? Would love to start meeting people that will be in my class!

Reactions: 1 user
Also, does anyone know if there was a Facebook group made for our class yet? Would love to start meeting people that will be in my class!

I was wondering that too! I looked but couldn't find anything.

Don't think so. If you start one link it please! And I wish I could take it at FAU, it's too far :(

I'm so excited ! I interviewed Monday and just got my acceptance E-mail. I'm 3 hours north of Miami. Who else will be commuting?

O wow! Have you talked to the housing dept, or figured any of your travel timing and accommodations out?

I have not talked to anyone. I am planning on staying in a hotel Friday-Sunday. So I'll be in Miami Friday afternoon until after class Sunday.

Hello! I just got my acceptance letter today! I'm trying to decide if I want to take Kinesiology at Barry or FAU.

I have not talked to anyone. I am planning on staying in a hotel Friday-Sunday. So I'll be in Miami Friday afternoon until after class Sunday.
O okay, I'm considering the same. Although I want to see how much it would be to stay on canpus, because the hotels add up so fast.

O okay, I'm considering the same. Although I want to see how much it would be to stay on canpus, because the hotels add up so fast.

If you talk to someone, could you let me know what they say? I'll be at the school on campus in about two weeks, so I'll talk to then too then. I can tell you what they say, if you like.

Last edited:
I'm extremely excited too! I can't wait to meet all of you. This is a bit of a personal question but are you guys all taking loans for grad school?

So I’ve just been accepted! It’s my only option, but I’m iffy about accepting the offer! I’m about to graduate with my undergrad this May and possibly jumping right into this program. Is anyone else in the same boat? Also is anyone living in Miami? If I went here I think I’d want to. Last question— did anyone tour the classrooms for the OT department? When I had my interview, I didn’t see much! I’m wondering what it’s like.

Congrats on getting accepted! Do you mind sharing what your GPA, prereq GPA, GRE, and observation stats are? Thanks in advanced!
GPA-3.7
PREREQ-3.6
Observation:
40- SNF & Acute
20- Children's
20- Outpatient
I also have over 100 hours of volunteer experience at two Children's rehabs inpatient/outpatient

Figured it out! It won’t let me link it for some reason but I created a Facebook group and it’s called BARRY UNIVERSITY MOT FALL 2018