Banks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medgrlsox21

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which bank do you use? I currently have keybank and a credit union from my small town. I constantly have to transfer money from my savings to my checking so I don't have to have fees. Is there a bank in NY or even better US that offers, checking, savings and online bill pay without fees?

Members don't see this ad.

I have both a fifth third bank account and a chase bank account. Both have free checking, abundant atm's, and free online banking that lets u transfer between saving and checking anytime for free and can pay bills. They also have free debit/credit cards which I use about 15 times a day for everything

I bank with Charles Schwab...they have free atm use at anyone in the nation, debt card, on line bill pay, and the best feature...they give you 2% back.

Members don't see this ad :)
wamus the best in my opinion look into their online savings accnt and free checking account

wamus the best in my opinion look into their online savings accnt and free checking account

aside from the fact that they are about the most hypocritical bank out there and have been on the verge of going under for sometime now

I use wachovia's student account that's basically a check account with a Debit/credit card that you can enroll in for points and crap. No fee for me at least and they do have online access etc.

Wachovia strictly for Stafford loans, B. of America for all the other bills, & Capital One money market. Once I'm an attending, I plan to transfer the majority offshore so my assets can't be counted if some dickhead is considering a lawsuit :D

I bank with Charles Schwab...they have free atm use at anyone in the nation, debt card, on line bill pay, and the best feature...they give you 2% back.

Ditto. It's great and was actually at 4% checking last year before rates went down nation-wide. You can also transfer immediately between checking and brokerage for free.

I use National City, I like them because they have no minimum balance for checking accounts. I get ~2% cash back and they have a billion branches and atms near where I live.