back up plans!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

saloo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I get depress just thinking about it but realistically, do you guys have back up plans in case optometry doesn't work out?

Members don't see this ad.

It can get depressing.......but you just got to remember one thing, no one said it was going to be easy.....If you really want this, you can always try to improve certain aspects of your application for next year (i.e. register in a few classes to increase your GPA, take some extracurricular activities, take the OAT again, etc....) and APPLY EARLY (I was really fortunate to find that out from the generous users on this forum and I believe it vastly helped me in getting an acceptance for this upcoming year)......Just never give up! If your really committed, wonderful things can happen.......Good luck :thumbup:

P.S.- a saw this video in another forum and thought it was really inspirational http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b0CJfRU1CM .....just makes you think things in prospective :)

thanks for sharing that Jay12!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
If optometry is your passion, don't give up keep on trying to improve yourself and SHOW the optometry schools when you do have your interview that this is what you want to do and show them that you're passionate and sincere and you will sell yourself. Get more experience if you don't get in or take more classes if needed, they will tell you what they don't like about your file if you ask and yes apply early!

thanks guys for ur support. I am still waiting to hear from ICO, hopefully, it will be something positive :)