Azerbaijan or Turkey for med school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Grimjow

Reaction score
Hello everyone I am a first-year medical student in Azerbaijan and I want to practice medicine in the US. However it worries me that I won't be able to build a necessary "foundation" let's say to do well on Step1. Do you guys think studying in Turkey instead would alleviate that? Is the turkish medical curriculum USMLE proof?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think any curriculum is "USMLE proof". I highly doubt anyone here can comment on the quality of medical education in Azerbaijan vs Turkey, nor is there likely any faculty members here with significant experience with applicants from either location.

Hello everyone I am a first-year medical student in Azerbaijan and I want to practice medicine in the US. However it worries me that I won't be able to build a necessary "foundation" let's say to do well on Step1. Do you guys think studying in Turkey instead would alleviate that? Is the turkish medical curriculum USMLE proof?

did you thinking of transferring into the EU for countries like romania or bulgaria ?

I would look into Poznan University of Medical Sciences in Poland. Their students take all of the offered shelf exams for basic sciences and clinicals. It is expensive (cost of attendance around 40,000 USD/year for the 4 year program), but it seems like one of the most "American"-centric English language medical schools in Europe. Also, and perhaps more importantly, you will have an EU degree and can practice anywhere in the EU assuming you can learn the language. Some EU countries are easier to match in than the US (extremely competitive).

Reactions: 1 user