Us citizen, International medical graduate with multiple attempts in USMLE.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shairf

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I am new to this forum, I need sincere advice and guidance. I am a us citizen, graduated from medical school Indian in 2013. I passed my USMLE Step 1 with low score in second attempt. CK 3 failed attempts and CS 1 attempt pass. Please advice me what are my options? Should I study again for ck an try my best for residency or is there a better clinical or non clinical options I have to choose. I also applied for Physician Assistant programs this year but not sure about acceptance. Please give suggestions or dm me if you have same profile so that we can work on this together. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry to hear about your experience. While this may not be what you want to hear, the honest truth is that you will not be able to secure a residency in the US. Don't waste more time and energy going down this path. I do not know what your options are in India. If you would like to work in the US, pursuing either a PA position or a research position (a path that many FMGs who did not do residency in the US take) are probably your best options. Good luck!