***AZCOM Class of 2010!!!****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
JA14R said:
Does anyone have any health insurance ideas for a single person? I am looking for an alternate to the school health insurance.
Thanks

You can always get married and be added to your spouses insurance. :) Okay, all jokes aside, I'm sure you have checked this but in case you have not, try to get added to your parents policy. That's what I did prior to getting married. Since I was classified as a full time student, I could be covered under my father's policy at his job. I had to have the registar fax a statement saying I was a full time student to my father's insurer but it worked out nicely. I was in your situation and I almost purchased that plan until we found out I could be covered under his policy.

Members don't see this ad.

rahulazcom said:
You can always get married and be added to your spouses insurance. :) Okay, all jokes aside, I'm sure you have checked this but in case you have not, try to get added to your parents policy. That's what I did prior to getting married. Since I was classified as a full time student, I could be covered under my father's policy at his job. I had to have the registar fax a statement saying I was a full time student to my father's insurer but it worked out nicely. I was in your situation and I almost purchased that plan until we found out I could be covered under his policy.

Does getting married also give you the benefit of getting your med school tuition covered by your spouse's income? :laugh:

Fri, August 18th 6:00pm - Old Chicago (Dinner) www.oldchicago.com 5695 W. Bell Road, Glendale
siriceman64
caliri23

Sat, August 19th 8:30pm - The Rhythm Room "Sistah Blue" $6 (Blues and BBQ) www.rhythmroom.com, 1019 E. Indian School Road, Phoenix
siricieman64
caliri23
Lady Tokimi

Tues, August 22nd 7:00pm - Buffalo Wild Wings (Wing Night) www.buffalowildwings.com, 7000 E. Mayo Boulevard, Phoenix
siriceman64
caliri23
v3rbal
goinverted
Lady Tokimi
kevinorr6777
norcaldoc
jw83
desertrabbit
hought30
DOHawkeye

Just bumping this up.

Members don't see this ad :)
siriceman64 said:
Does getting married also give you the benefit of getting your med school tuition covered by your spouse's income? :laugh:

:laugh:

Does anybody know when our schedule for first year will come out? I keep checking schedule on online.midwestern.edu and I haven't seen anything. Anyword of a paper version or a place to access the 1st quarter schedule. I guess it doesn't matter that much. Just thought I would think of all the fun I am going to have in August/Sept/Oct/Nov. Holy cow, we're less than 1 month from day one...I think one month was yesterday...wowsers.

Did somebody say we get to be doctors...well eventually...4 years down the road after hours of HARD WORK. :eek:

Well, in the case of Rahul that would most definately be YES!

siriceman64 said:

siriceman64 said:
Does anybody know when our schedule for first year will come out? I keep checking schedule on online.midwestern.edu and I haven't seen anything. Anyword of a paper version or a place to access the 1st quarter schedule. I guess it doesn't matter that much. Just thought I would think of all the fun I am going to have in August/Sept/Oct/Nov. Holy cow, we're less than 1 month from day one...I think one month was yesterday...wowsers.

Did somebody say we get to be doctors...well eventually...4 years down the road after hours of HARD WORK. :eek:

The MSII block schedule was just sent to us by e-mail. Perhaps the registrars office will send one to the MSI's as well once it's done. I don't know if you guys heard but there were some changes in the basic science faculty. Dr. P Standley from Phys went over to the U of A and I heard that he will be replaced by a prof from CCOM. Dr. Fisher from anatomy also went over to the U of A and I'm not sure who is going to replace her. The final change was Dr. Yodh from biochem who went to Chicago (not sure which school). It's too bad you guys won't get Dr. P Standley or Dr. Fisher (especially Fisher). You guys will have to let us know who teaches you the upper and lower extremity units in anatomy because Dr. Fisher did an awesome job with them. I'm sure they'll find somebody good. But as for next year, you guys are in for one hell of a ride..... :D

Inquiringmind24 said:
Well, in the case of Rahul that would most definately be YES!

Shoot, you think my wife will spend her money on me. It's called Scottsdale Fashion Square Mall. And I got your message, I will give you a call in a few days. Europe was great.

siriceman64 said:
Does anybody know when our schedule for first year will come out?

You will receive it in your orientation package. But in a nutshell, it's

1. Anatomy
2. Histology/Embryology
3. Biochemistry
4. Intro to Clinical Medicine
5. Human Behavior
6. OMM

Anatomy and Histology/Embryology is like one large class because the same faculty teach it and the exams are on the same day back to back. The lectures are also back to back with anatomy. Anatomy/Histo/Embryo and Biochemistry are your core classes. You will have exams in those classes frequently and spend most of your class hours in those classes. OMM is once per week for 3.5 hours on Wednesday morning. ICM is blocked for 3 hours on Thursday morning but it rarely lasts the entire time. Human Behavior is one hour on Fridays. Biochemistry has a 2 hour workshop each week that will either be on Tuesday or Wednesday morning. It's randomly assigned and if you get Tuesday workshop in the fall quarter, you will get Wednesday mornings in the winter.

rahulazcom said:
You will receive it in your orientation package. But in a nutshell, it's

1. Anatomy
2. Histology/Embryology
3. Biochemistry
4. Intro to Clinical Medicine
5. Human Behavior
6. OMM

Anatomy and Histology/Embryology is like one large class because the same faculty teach it and the exams are on the same day back to back. The lectures are also back to back with anatomy. Anatomy/Histo/Embryo and Biochemistry are your core classes. You will have exams in those classes frequently and spend most of your class hours in those classes. OMM is once per week for 3.5 hours on Wednesday morning. ICM is blocked for 3 hours on Thursday morning but it rarely lasts the entire time. Human Behavior is one hour on Fridays. Biochemistry has a 2 hour workshop each week that will either be on Tuesday or Wednesday morning. It's randomly assigned and if you get Tuesday workshop in the fall quarter, you will get Wednesday mornings in the winter.
Does that mean that w should have gotten it in the package we received in the mail or that we will get it when we get there?

desertrabbit said:
Does that mean that w should have gotten it in the package we received in the mail or that we will get it when we get there?

You will receive it when you arrive on campus during orientation week.

rahulazcom said:
You will receive it when you arrive on campus during orientation week.

You mean that I need to wait another 3 weeks... :-( ?

siriceman64 said:
You mean that I need to wait another 3 weeks... :-( ?

lol, I know that you're psyched about going to med school, but relax and enjoy what's left of your summer :). We'll get there soon enough and we won't be able to breathe from the amount of content that's gonna be thrown at us. 3 weeks is not that long, trust me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay...perhaps a little overly anxious. Just trying to plan a quick weekend trip back to IL for a wedding I'm in and planning Thanksgiving break. Might as well get cheap tickets at a convient time to travel. I have to say I can't stand the whole "moving in/moving out process"... It would be nice to stay in one place for like 30 years...That will be a while... I figure there's a lot of travelling in medical school for rotations and such.

BOOKS

I posted something a few pages back but I know this is the time students start inquiring about textbooks. The best advice I can give you is to wait until orientation week. There will several MSII's that will be trying to get rid of their histology textbooks. And there will be several clubs on campus that will throw in a Netter Atlas if you join their club. When it comes to buying text books, it's also a very personal thing but from talking with classmates, I would say the general consensus for 1st quarter books goes like this

1. Netter Atlas
2. Wheater Histology Atlas
3. Sadler aka Langman's Embryology

I had some more books in addition to these including the Gartner and Hiatt Histology atlas and the Rohen Anatomy atlas. But in terms of need, you can do well with just these 3 books and there will be some students who didn't even use the Sadler Embryo book. However, I do strongly recommend that book because it's almost impossible to follow the Embryology notes without seeing pictures and looking at the illustrations in the book. The vast majority of the class would probably agree that you don't need the Lippincott Biochemistry book and if you need it, there are several copies in the library that you can check out. I believe there are a few copies of the Rohen atlas to check out as well. I liked having the Rohen atlas. It was a nice luxury to have it on the mornings before the anatomy practical to do some last minute studying. However, you don't need it so if money is an issue save your money there.

I also advise purchasing textbooks used from Amazon.com. They have lists of sellers that sell these books used for nearly half of what you would pay in the bookstore. I have not had one problem from purchasing books this way. Most of the sellers are med students that are trying to get rid of their books. I also want to inform you that there are no used medical textbook sellers in the area. The only source of textbooks is the book store on campus which is expensive and they don't buy back books. There are used book sellers near ASU West and Glendale Community College but they don't carry medical textbooks.

Most students get their Netter atlas by joining one of the clubs on campus and then they will usually purchase their Histo atlases from the book store on campus out of conveniece.

Alas, this is just my opinion so take it with a grain of salt and please talk to your Big Brothers and Big sisters and ask for their opinion on this as well. It's always beneficial to get multiple opinions on an issue.

seacow2001 said:
lol, I know that you're psyched about going to med school, but relax and enjoy what's left of your summer :). We'll get there soon enough and we won't be able to breathe from the amount of content that's gonna be thrown at us. 3 weeks is not that long, trust me.

Yeah, by all means enjoy the rest of your summer. I guarantee the night before the second anatomy/histo/embryo exam you'll wish it was still summer. Everyone should do a lot of reading that doesn't have to do with medicine, because I found it very hard to find time for pleasure reading last year. Take Rahul's advice for books and definately don't waste money on the biochem book since all the info is in the powerpoint slides they give you. I made the mistake of not buying Wheater's histo atlas or the Sadler/Langman's Embryology text. Fall quarter I had to go to the library and borrow those books when I was studying for those subjects. While it's not always bad to borrow text books from the library, it kinda sucks that you can't take them outside the building and sometimes the books in high demand will be all checked out. I also wouldn't buy the Moore and Dalley Anatomy text since my friends who bought it hardley every used it.

Anybody having any weird dreams about med school yet? Mine are mostly about moving in and meeting people right now...

Anybody feel like it's cooling off in AZ. I think IL beat AZ this week on one day. 98+85% humidity yuck...

siriceman64 said:
Anybody having any weird dreams about med school yet? Mine are mostly about moving in and meeting people right now...

Anybody feel like it's cooling off in AZ. I think IL beat AZ this week on one day. 98+85% humidity yuck...

Hahaha, no, no weird dreams about med school yet. But I'm pretty sure once those exams start rolling in, nightmares will follow. I am excited about meeting my new classmates though.

seacow2001 said:
Hahaha, no, no weird dreams about med school yet. But I'm pretty sure once those exams start rolling in, nightmares will follow. I am excited about meeting my new classmates though.

You see I was never an "exam freaker-outer". And I know that med school will be difficult but not impossible so hopefully not too many nightmares in med school about exams... Thinking about the 100's of people that I've yet to meet, people that will definitely be peers and friends for years to come and yet I don't even know them...yet.....Old Chicago...2 weeks... We need some more people for those first two... so cancel your friday night plans... and come to Old Chicago. Well, at least cancel your dinner plans...

Does anybody find that I like the "..." or the "....." too much? Damn new age technology and it's effect on our poor composition and communication skills... Who let me into med school again...j/k...AZCOM 2010 Baby!

Question to 2nd year med students: i think the financial aid sets out like 3 grand for books and "supplies"....how much did you spend on books, and supplies for the entire first year. and what supplies are they talking about?

Is anyone planning on living in Surprise?? There are a couple of us who are going to live out there and car pool so just let me know.

I'm not sure. I'm getting at least a good stethoscope. Littmann. Probably a dissecting kit. Perhaps a table for OMM. Not sure where 3000 comes from... Probably $2500 in "recommended" reading...and $300 in required... Maybe some scrubs in there. Maybe a PDA. $500 in pens. (Fountain pens only...gold plated) That would be my guess... And definitely a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue label for relaxing after tests. :laugh: :cool:

kevinorr6777 said:
Question to 2nd year med students: i think the financial aid sets out like 3 grand for books and "supplies"....how much did you spend on books, and supplies for the entire first year. and what supplies are they talking about?

I spent 60 bucks on Netters (I joined soma during club week and you get a free Netter), and probably another 200 bucks on Wheater's histo atlas, Sadler's embryo, Gartner and Hyatt histo atlas, and Costanzo BRS phys. You will need to buy at least the neuro atlas in the spring. Some people say you don't need the GH histo atlas, but I know there were a few bonus questions and a few others that came almost directly out of that atlas. Besides, you will learn that you can't look at too many histo images.

As far as supplies go, one of the first things you'll do in orientation is listen to a rep from Welch Allen tell you that you're required to buy this whole laundry list of supplies. I would talk to your big bros on this one. Most people walked out of the bookstore with 1K worth of stuff that you'll use once or twice (unless you do TOPS -then you'll use it a couple more times). Then there's the OMM table and 500 dollars worth of OMM texts they would like you to purchase. Definitely don't buy the texts, and I would wait on the table until you decide that you actually want (and have time) to use it outside of class. You definitely don't need a dissecting kit (only some blades) and unless you want to play freecell or text your friends in class you don't need a pda.

I know you're all excited to start school but I would advise you to try and restrain your wallets until you get here and figure out what you really need.

Some of you were wondering about your fall schedule? Here it is:
http://mwunet.midwestern.edu/administrative/Registrar/regAZ.htm

Have fun!

goinverted said:
Is anyone planning on living in Surprise?? There are a couple of us who are going to live out there and car pool so just let me know.

I moved to Surprise on Tuesday. It is really nice. I kept taking 60 west to the 101 N to get to Glendale and it is much longer than taking Bell all the way to the 101. I just found this out yesterday. I live in the Ochards area down Bell off Reems. If anyone is already out here then we need to get together in Surprise.

I was also wondering if anyone wants to get together for a cookout and volleyball in Surprise the weekend before orientation. There is a great park here with a fishing area and 2 Volleyball courts and several picnic areas around. This place is very nice and a great place to hang out. Please let me know if anyone is interested.

azdoc09 said:
Some of you were wondering about your fall schedule? Here it is:
http://mwunet.midwestern.edu/administrative/Registrar/regAZ.htm

Have fun!

This was a very addictive link. Do you know whether final exams last a long time on that friday? Could somebody possibly get out of town by 1 or 2?

Not sure how great the exams every week is going to be but I guess I knew that was going to happen. At least it keeps you from slacking off...maybe... :thumbup:

siriceman64 said:
This was a very addictive link. Do you know whether final exams last a long time on that friday? Could somebody possibly get out of town by 1 or 2?

Not sure how great the exams every week is going to be but I guess I knew that was going to happen. At least it keeps you from slacking off...maybe... :thumbup:

Your last exam is on Friday at 10am. It's ICM and should take you ~15-30 minutes depending on how fast you can read. The ICM exams are usually only 25 or so questions and not too difficult. That Friday is an interesting time. You've been going 100 MPH for the last 11 weeks and all-of-a-sudden, you don't have a single thing to do. You'll find yourself extremely bored by about noon that day.

As for the weekly exams, it does begin to seem like you are studying for an exam all the time, especially in the Spring quarter when they sneak in two exams almost every week. Don't worry though, after a few weeks you will find your routine and it will seem normal (ok, a sick, twisted sort of normal) ;)

Hopefully one of the MS2s can help me with this one. One of my best friends is getting married Sept. 16, a Saturday. I'd like to maybe skip Friday if possible, or at least the afternoon classes, to fly home. Since there are no labs Friday, is this possible?

Thanks for the help, I'd love to pick up my tix ASAP while they are crazy cheap on SWA.

siriceman64 said:
Okay...perhaps a little overly anxious. Just trying to plan a quick weekend trip back to IL for a wedding I'm in and planning Thanksgiving break. Might as well get cheap tickets at a convient time to travel. I have to say I can't stand the whole "moving in/moving out process"... It would be nice to stay in one place for like 30 years...That will be a while... I figure there's a lot of travelling in medical school for rotations and such.

I'm with you on this one...my brother decided it would be fun to get married on the 8th of September instead of the 9th, so I've gotta miss that Friday of classes. Thanks alot bro -- way to watch out for the fam. Anywho, so, I'm hoping that won't cause much trouble for me.

v3rbal said:
I'm with you on this one...my brother decided it would be fun to get married on the 8th of September instead of the 9th, so I've gotta miss that Friday of classes. Thanks alot bro -- way to watch out for the fam. Anywho, so, I'm hoping that won't cause much trouble for me.

Funny, my brother decided to get married September 18th, a MONDAY! Don't they realize what they're doing to us?

maxhealth said:
Funny, my brother decided to get married September 18th, a MONDAY! Don't they realize what they're doing to us?

Yeah, so my cousin is getting married on Sept 16th...I'm planning on leaving around noon on Friday for a flight back to Illinois. Woohoo first biochem exam when I get back...The good news is there will be plenty of time to study on the airplane there and back... Everybody has September weddings. Hopefully we'll get all the weddings out of the way at the beginning of school and then be free to study right? One thing's for sure, it will be an action packed weekend to and from Illinois. The Monday wedding is just strange...and I thought a outside wedding in December in Illinois was strange. (It was a muddy, wet AND cold.)

Only 2.5 weeks left...

okayplayer said:
Hopefully one of the MS2s can help me with this one. One of my best friends is getting married Sept. 16, a Saturday. I'd like to maybe skip Friday if possible, or at least the afternoon classes, to fly home. Since there are no labs Friday, is this possible?

Thanks for the help, I'd love to pick up my tix ASAP while they are crazy cheap on SWA.

I'm pretty sure you'll be fine skipping that day. Just look at your class notes and if it's a histo/embryo day, make sure you get the figure numbers from someone in class. As far the rest of the day, you can definitely skip behavior and biochem. If you're one of those really paranoid people, you could even talk to your instructors about missing that day. I wouldn't worry about it though...

siriceman64 said:
Only 2.5 weeks left...

I can't wait, actually. Got all of my traveling out of the way and now I'm back in California as ancy as all get out for classes to start. I've been out of the studying thing for a year now and I've become waaaaay too lazy for my own good. Sitting around with nothing to do but golf and fish for a few months can really destroy one's work ethic.

Anywho, so, I was just working on a proposed budget for myself for the coming year and was wondering if the MSII/III/IV's could offer a bit 'o advice. I know there's been talk on this board about not buying books 'til the first bit of school so that we can pick-up used ones and talk about which texts are more/less useful than others. I was wondering how much you really spent on books & supplies over your first year. The school's proposed budget allows for $3,130 but it sounds like that's overblown from the talk on this board. Personal opinions on this one? Thanks.

v3rbal said:
I can't wait, actually. Got all of my traveling out of the way and now I'm back in California as ancy as all get out for classes to start. I've been out of the studying thing for a year now and I've become waaaaay too lazy for my own good. Sitting around with nothing to do but golf and fish for a few months can really destroy one's work ethic.

Anywho, so, I was just working on a proposed budget for myself for the coming year and was wondering if the MSII/III/IV's could offer a bit 'o advice. I know there's been talk on this board about not buying books 'til the first bit of school so that we can pick-up used ones and talk about which texts are more/less useful than others. I was wondering how much you really spent on books & supplies over your first year. The school's proposed budget allows for $3,130 but it sounds like that's overblown from the talk on this board. Personal opinions on this one? Thanks.

That budget is way overboard. You can definitely get by with lot less than what is "required." I would suggest that you do look into buying used books from upperclassmen. It will save you lots of $$ OR you can shop on ebay or Amazon. I would say that you definitely need a Netter, at least one Histo atlas (I liked the Wheater's) and possibly the embryo text. I own it, but rarely used it. I thought the notes were sufficient. Other than that, you may want to invest in the Costanzo Phys and the Neuro text and atlas for the following blocks. That's pretty much all you need.

You will want to get a good stethoscope, as well. The other equipment is unnecessary IMO. If you have friends with the BP cuff and oto/optho scope you could share.

Hope this helps some. Feel free to ask any more ?.

Cyndi

cdreed said:
You will want to get a good stethoscope, as well. The other equipment is unnecessary IMO. If you have friends with the BP cuff and oto/optho scope you could share.

Hope this helps some. Feel free to ask any more ?.

Cyndi

So it looks like the parents want to buy a nice stethoscope for Christmas. Guess I'll be using the cheapo one that came bundled in my Emergency pack. Then again, it's not too bad. I've always thought a good ear is 10X better than a good stethoscope and a bad ear. It used to be nearly impossible to hear lung sounds and heart sounds when I started as an EMT, 3 years later and I could probably use 2 cups and a string to hear what I need.

Any idea how much we'll use our medical equipment in the first quarter (or second)?

Any idea how much we'll use our medical equipment in the first quarter (or second)?[/QUOTE]

During first quarter ICM, you'll have some physicial diagnosis labs where you will get to use the equipment. But I really didn't use mine alot until doing the TOPS physicals during the spring quarter because my preceptor experience was mainly observational. I bought most of the equipment because I like to use my own stuff rather than borrow it from other classmates although you can certainly get by using classmate's equipment. If you do buy the equipment, just be prepared to spend alot of money.

In regards to your equipment, I assumed I needed all of it when I shadowed my preceptor. That's why I was so insistent about purchasing all of the equipment they suggested. However, when you start shadowing your preceptor in the winter quarter, the otoscope and blood pressure cuff is attached to the wall. The only thing I needed to bring to my preceptor's office was my stethoscope. The only time you will use your otoscope and blood pressure cuff is during the ICM "labs" on Thursday mornings in the Fall quarter when you practice on your classmates. However, you can just use your partner's equipment if they will allow you to do so. And your partners in ICM are not assigned so they will likely be your friends. Even in TOPS, you can pair up with someone that has the equipment.

But I agree with Cyndi's advice. If you arrive at school early, you might find ads of upper classmen particularly MS III and IV's that are trying to get rid of their otoscope and blood pressure cuff. These ads will be located on the wall near the mailroom in Sahauro Hall (main building with the library in it). And like Cyndi said, take advantage of upperclassmen selling their books.

People have already detailed what books you will need in the Fall. In the winter, you will only need the Costanzo Physiology text book which has the purple cover. Costanzo also wrote the light blue BRS Physiology review book that I also recommend because the questions in the back of that are similar in style to the ones asked on the exams. In the Spring, you will just need to buy a Neuroanatomy Atlas and text book. That's it as far as books are concerned. The equipment costs will vary depending on what you purchase. Just don't purchase the most high end models. Get a simple Littman stethoscope. Don't purchase the fancy Star Trek-like light sabre T-1000 otoscope that costs $500. :laugh: They will try to sell you the most expensive model but just use your common sense and get the respectable model that works and that you have seen in a doctor's office. Don't buy the Star Trek phaser model or whatever.

With everyone moving in and spending a small fortune on furnishing new homes I thought I would put up a post that I'm selling my 25" tv. It's a Sharp model 25C340 a little over a year old and looks and works like new. I am only selling it because I have more tvs in the house than necessary. I'm asking $150 (list price is $200). I still have the user guide and it comes with a remote and front AV jacks. If you want pics or have any questions please let me know.
-Nikki

kkoenig said:
I moved to Surprise on Tuesday. It is really nice. I kept taking 60 west to the 101 N to get to Glendale and it is much longer than taking Bell all the way to the 101. I just found this out yesterday. I live in the Ochards area down Bell off Reems. If anyone is already out here then we need to get together in Surprise.

We are building a new house in Marley Park (Wadell and Reems) that should be done sometime in December / January. In the meantime, we have moved into a rental home in the same community to get our kids started in school here, with the beginning of the school year (despite not having sold our house in Gilbert...arrrggh :( )

PM me if anyone wants to get together or carpool.

siriceman64 said:

Hmmm...well, yes, I guess...especially if they have a good job ;)

Fri, August 18th 6:00pm - Old Chicago (Dinner) www.oldchicago.com 5695 W. Bell Road, Glendale
siriceman64
caliri23

Sat, August 19th 8:30pm - The Rhythm Room "Sistah Blue" $6 (Blues and BBQ) www.rhythmroom.com, 1019 E. Indian School Road, Phoenix
siricieman64
caliri23
Lady Tokimi

Tues, August 22nd 7:00pm - Buffalo Wild Wings (Wing Night) www.buffalowildwings.com, 7000 E. Mayo Boulevard, Phoenix
siriceman64
caliri23
v3rbal
goinverted
Lady Tokimi
kevinorr6777
norcaldoc
jw83
desertrabbit
hought30
DOHawkeye

Alright anybody else in for the 1st two? Old Chicago and Rhythm Room? We also need to decide whether we just want to all meet at these places or share rides... only 1 week away...Holy Cow!

New list of words to describe the fast approaching med school:
Holy Cow! (siriceman64) :cool:

I'll be moving into the on-campus apartments on Saturday August 19th and was thinking about renting a U-haul to pick up big things like bed, TV, etc. If anyone else has a small car I can help you out, just PM me.

-Yasir

siriceman64
caliri23

siricieman64
caliri23
Lady Tokimi

siriceman64
caliri23
v3rbal
goinverted
Lady Tokimi
kevinorr6777
norcaldoc
jw83
desertrabbit
hought30
DOHawkeye

Alright anybody else in for the 1st two? Old Chicago and Rhythm Room? We also need to decide whether we just want to all meet at these places or share rides... only 1 week away...Holy Cow!

Holy Cow! (siriceman64)
CHUPACABRA!! (goinverted)

baylorguy03 said:
I'll be moving into the on-campus apartments on Saturday August 19th and was thinking about renting a U-haul to pick up big things like bed, TV, etc. If anyone else has a small car I can help you out, just PM me.

-Yasir

Can you come to Illinois and pick up some stuff for me? :laugh:

Anyone else catch the Cards game today? Gave me a nice glimpse at what I've got ahead of me [should the free time arrive that I'll be able to appreciate them]. And from what I've read about the new Glendale Stadium, it's amazing...looked great today on TV.

Anywho, no posts lately, so I'm gonna show some love.

Does anybody here cycle? I'll be bringing my bike with me when I move out, and having already been out there twice I already know that it's relatively flat [which is great for me...not a climbing guy] but everywhere I looked were stoplights, evenly spaced about 1/4 - 1/2 mile apart. That sucks for biking. Any suggestions as to where I could go biking and when's the best time to do it? Right now it's looking like at ~5am each morning since that's when the heat will be mostly tolerable. I'll be in town the 21st so I'll have a bit 'o time to bike around and find some routes, but was hoping somebody else here had some suggestions for me.

goinverted said:
siriceman64
caliri23

siricieman64
caliri23
Lady Tokimi

siriceman64
caliri23
v3rbal
goinverted
Lady Tokimi
kevinorr6777
norcaldoc
jw83
desertrabbit
hought30
DOHawkeye

Holy Cow! (siriceman64)
Traigalo! (v3rbal)

:)

v3rbal said:
Anyone else catch the Cards game today? Gave me a nice glimpse at what I've got ahead of me [should the free time arrive that I'll be able to appreciate them]. And from what I've read about the new Glendale Stadium, it's amazing...looked great today on TV.

Never judge the Cardinals by their preseason record. Traditionally, the Cardinals fare well in the preseason only to falter in the regular season. I think the Cardinals will struggle again this year. Their offensive line is weak and while adding Edgerrin James is a plus, he can't compensate for a weak line. They haven't been able to run the ball of years. If they can get string together games in which they mixing in the run with the pass, I think they could compete. Last year, we were one-dimensional and had no running game at all.

On a brighter note, I was at the game yesterday. The new stadium is impressive. It has the look and feel of Bank One Ball Park/Chase Field. It's very spacious and roomy. THe sight lines are impressive and nearly every seat is a good seat. I actually preferred some of the seats toward the back versus our 4th row seats.

siriceman64
caliri23

siricieman64
caliri23
Lady Tokimi

siriceman64
caliri23
v3rbal
goinverted
Lady Tokimi
kevinorr6777
norcaldoc
jw83
desertrabbit
hought30
DOHawkeye

Holy Cow! (siriceman64)
Traigalo! (v3rbal)
Netterlicious (DOHawkeye)

Hey,

If anyone is around and bored, let me know. I am moved in to San Prado and I just dropped my girlfriend off at the airport to go home (she helped me move in). I don't know anyone yet!!

Last edited:
Does anyone have a PCP they recommend for the physical...obviously will need to get me in quick and take UHC PPO insurance. It'd also be a plus if their office was somewhere between campus and Surprise. Finally...one-stop shopping with capabilities to do the blood work would be great!