[Awesome Video] Day in the Life of a D2 (Texas A&M Baylor College of Dentistry)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Incis0r

I LOVE Dental School
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Came across this pretty awesome video showing a day in the life of a D2 at Texas A&M. I am excited and looking forward to this kind of lifestyle soon.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Came across this pretty awesome video showing a day in the life of a D2 at Texas A&M. I am excited and looking forward to this kind of lifestyle soon.

Haha.D2s have a lot more free time outside of school compared to D1s. When I first saw this video my classmates and I were so shocked lol.

Reactions: 1 user
Haha.D2s have a lot more free time outside of school compared to D1s. When I first saw this video my classmates and I were so shocked lol.

You go an amazing school.

Members don't see this ad :)
My day is pretty much like this too. I commute about 30-45mind depend on traffic. And I'm in class from 8-5 everyday just like that.
The thing that I dont think really reflect in the video is studying.
I think I spent more time studying than John here, but it could just be because D2 don't have many science classes as much (or maybe it could be me being dumb).
We're taking Biomed, neuroscience, dental anatomy, oral bio, and all that jazz...and exams here and there, so I dont think just studying on the train is enough.

Also, I love to sleep. So I definitely sleep more than just from 11-5

Reactions: 1 users
My day is pretty much like this too. I commute about 30-45mind depend on traffic. And I'm in class from 8-5 everyday just like that.
I think I spent more time studying than John here, but it could just be because D2 don't have many science classes as much (or maybe it could be me being dumb).
We're taking Biomed, neuroscience, dental anatomy, oral bio, and all that jazz...and exams here and there, so I dont think just studying on the train is enough.

D2's don't have very many written exams, it's almost exclusively lab work. For us anyway.

That's what I thought, so D2 seem definitely brighter than us D1 :bang:

Reactions: 2 users

You commute 30-45 minutes? Would you recommend doing so all the way from D1-D4? I can live at home with my parents if so and make the school I would prefer to go to cost as much as the cheaper school I got into. My commute is by car 30-50 minutes depending on traffic

Man that sounds awesome.
What school do you attend Carbohydrates?

@Incis0r Im attending UTSD right now
@Alpha Centauri I save on living expense by living at home. The commute isnt that bad either cause I actually more productive that way.
If you can live at home, I would recommend doing so. The less debt, the merrier.
Also, I'm more spoiled at home too. Dont have to do laundry, chores, make food... my beloved mother even makes breakfast and pack lunch for me *bless her soul*

Reactions: 3 users
@Alpha Centauri I save on living expense by living at home. The commute isnt that bad either cause I actually more productive that way.
If you can live at home, I would recommend doing so. The less debt, the merrier.
Also, I'm more spoiled at home too. Dont have to do laundry, chores, make food... my beloved mother even makes breakfast and pack lunch for me *bless her soul*
Wow I want your life.

Sorry for triple post but also, you said you are more productive by commuting. Is this because you dont have to do all the house chores, or are you studying during commute (if you take bus train etc). Id be driving instead so wont be able to study during my commute

Last edited:
Glad I'm not the only one who has that lifestyle! ;)
I'm not a single drop ashame of it :whistle:

But I say more productive is because I dont wanna be stuck in traffic so I always be at school at 7:30 and study even if I have class later at 10 or something. By doing this, I got more stuff done and study less later when I got home.

If you drive, you can also listen to the recording of lecture too. But I use that as a relax time for me so I usually jamming out instead of listen to it. But again, it's an option.

You commute 30-45 minutes? Would you recommend doing so all the way from D1-D4? I can live at home with my parents if so and make the school I would prefer to go to cost as much as the cheaper school I got into. My commute is by car 30-50 minutes depending on traffic
If you have the option of having no living expenses for 4 years, definitely take it. 30-45 minutes is not bad. Think of it in terms of years of payments you save. Go for it.

Reactions: 2 users