General Admissions & OTCAS "Awaiting Materials" on OTCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Marie12

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I recently submitted my application and under the "program status" section it says that they are "Awaiting Materials" which include one letter of recommendation, and one official transcript from an institution where I am still taking classes. Will they still verify my application without those two things?

Thank you in advance.

*This is my first semester at the school where I am still taking classes, so I do not have any grades on my transcript yet to send into OTCAS.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I have an update: I checked that status of my application again this morning, and it now says "Materials Received" If anyone else experiences this issue in the future, I guess sometimes it takes a few/several hours for OTCAS to process the submission. I hope I am able to save some people from freaking out.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
hey! just wondering of how the ongoing course went. I'm currently taking one of the pre-reqs at a new college that I won't have a grade or transcript for until December... So are we still able to submit the application with that ongoing course? thanks :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes you can! just indicate the semester you are taking it in as "planned/in progress" by checking a box on the right side. I'm still taking courses, and my application has been put in line to be verified. Don't be worried if it initially says "awaiting materials" That happened to me, and when I checked it the next morning it said "materials received" Just send OTCAS the transcript once you have your grades. Hope that helps!

thanks! that helps a lot but when I put in my in progress course, the page where it lets me selects prerequisite courses disappears :( I'll probably just give them a call haha