"average" scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TouchOfGrey

It kinda suits me anyway.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey-
Just wondering... the average score for my test seemed pretty high at 230. Do program directors get a score report that shows what your score is AS WELL AS what the average for that test was?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey-
Just wondering... the average score for my test seemed pretty high at 230. Do program directors get a score report that shows what your score is AS WELL AS what the average for that test was?

Aren't they all standardized to have the same average score?

Regardless, I'm certain the program directors only see your score

Aren't they all standardized to have the same average score?

Regardless, I'm certain the program directors only see your score

Sorry, my mistake. I thought it was test-dependent, but upon closer inspection, it says "recent administrations". I just thought the average was lower...

Hey-

The average has been creeping up. It is standardized, but not totally. Its not like the SATs. The average step score has been increasing over the years. 230ish is the most recent average, Step 1 being closer to 222.

Honestly, I think the USMLE keeps trades secrets just to have people guessing... Then again, i never looked that hard.

Members don't see this ad :)
The average has been creeping up. It is standardized, but not totally. Its not like the SATs. The average step score has been increasing over the years. 230ish is the most recent average, Step 1 being closer to 222.

Honestly, I think the USMLE keeps trades secrets just to have people guessing... Then again, i never looked that hard.

230 is the step 1 avg? I thought the avg for step 1 was 222? Can you clarify?