Average salary for a per Diem PT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aminaros

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey fellow PTs,
Any idea what's an average hourly pay for a per Diem PT position? I am offered 50$/hour (in MA). I just need to hear whether it's an ok rate. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

yeah thats good. anything between 48-55 is normal

Members don't see this ad :)
I would like to know which agencies are those that are considered those that should be avoided in the industry.

I have been reading the medtravelerclub.com site for over a year and have made notes of comments regarding travel companies. The following are companies that PTs posting on that site have complained about (in alpha order): Advanced Medical, Aureus Medical, AmediSys (bought out by Supplemental), CompHealth, Core Medical, Fusion Medical, Jackson Therapy, MedPro, Supplemental. At least none of them figures in your own list of "Featured Companies."

The usual caveats apply: folks who have had a bad experience tend to post more than the ones who are satisfied, it may be an isolated case, etc etc. However, when you see several PTs chiming in and saying "yes, avoid company XYZ", then there is probably some truth to its poor reputation.

Thanks all for input. Since you started chatting about agencies: what are the conditions, usually? Do you pay them a certain % of your salary or hourly pay, or? I am a PT from Europe and always have found jobs directly through hospitals, no agencies to deal with..
Is it common here to deal with them? Quite many called me already, offering a "golden hen", claiming that there is nothing in return, but is there none, in reality?

My friend works as a perdiem PT. Her hourly rate is 45.25. But then you do not get more hours. She works for 20 hours per week