Average RVU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

migm

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone willing to compare mobthly RVU average?

I can go first.. about 135 hours a month getting 1100 rvu

Members don't see this ad.

I work for a CMG. As far as I know, they don't make that information available to us.

Which is too bad, because I'd be curious!

I work for a CMG. As far as I know, they don't make that information available to us.

Which is too bad, because I'd be curious!

Would be concerned they Are blatantly taking advantage

Members don't see this ad :)
Doesn't matter.
They are.
We can't do anything about it.
Yeah you can. It's extreme, and not everyone can. You don't have to move to Texas, but, vote with your feet.

One hospital somewhat near was independent, but signed an affiliation with a big system. Our group is leaving, and USACS is coming in. At least two docs are staying, so, they don't do anything differently, but get the $150k "signing bonus"*, and just stay in the ****ty ED. The others, though? Got off the leaky boat.

Okay so back on track..

Reactions: 1 user
haven't done the map at my current shop. At my previous shop (where I still work prn/part time) I was averaging 1500 RVUs for 126 hours. Place was busy. Double coverage with 180 visits per day roughly 55k visits/year.

haven't done the map at my current shop. At my previous shop (where I still work prn/part time) I was averaging 1500 RVUs for 126 hours. Place was busy. Double coverage with 180 visits per day roughly 55k visits/year.
how many pts an hour is that? got me licked or you have only level 5 visits

Similar to OP, about 8.5 RVU/hour - see about 1.7-2.0 pph at a fairly high acuity place with a couple fast track shifts per month as well.

How much do folks typically make per rvu?