August MCAT- Better off applying next year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

raom_dtpi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if there are any August Mcaters who are still waiting for admissions, inspite of their good stats. Are you considering reapplying next year with same scores?

I am taking MCAt this August. After reading several commenets, I almost feel like the chances of getting in this year with the late MCAT score may not be good. Do people reapply with the same score the following year? How are those reapplicants looked at by schools? I am sure there are people out there wondering the same thing. What are your thoughts?

Scout

Members don't see this ad.

I think it depends somewhat on what type of applicant you are. For many schools, since many are rolling admission, a late MCAT could hurt you as I'm sure you already know. However, if you would classify yourself as a fairly strong applicant across the board you will probably be fine even with a late MCAT. For example, in my case, I know my numbers are not the greatest, and I need every advantage I can get, so I wouldn't be able to pull it off, but I do know people who have just fine. You can also still get your AMCAS in early, and send in all the automatic secondaries you receive and have everything set to go as soon as those scores come in. Good luck studying!