August CPJE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zzll

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took CPJE this morning. Tons of ID questions!!!! no dosing at all. I don't feel too bad but I also don't remember all questions and my answers. kind of numb.

I know the date falls in the QA period, hopefully I won't need to wait till October. Is there a way to check numbers of test takers?

Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Infectious Disease Questions? Like HIV? Did they ask any cancer drug questions? Did they ask drug interaction questions?

Took the test 2 weeks ago. i hope it won't take until the end of october. Anyone has an idea how soon the result will come out?

Infectious Disease Questions? Like HIV? Did they ask any cancer drug questions? Did they ask drug interaction questions?

ID = abx, antifungal. There were a fair number of them.
There are many HIV questions, compared to the NAPLEX.
There were oncology questions, not too many for me.
Yes, there are drug interactions.
Any therapeutic question and/or therapeutic topics is fair game. One should go over all of RxPrep before taking CPJE (besides math/stats/genomics).
The medication safety chapter in RxPrep is especially important, and so is the storage/stability chapter.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody took their cpje after August QA starts and are waiting patiently for their results? Has anyone contacted the board and able to get the number of test takers so far?

I took it on aug 19 so it's a lil less than 3 weeks. I'm just hoping QA would end earlier like last few years around mid sept!!

I took mine 8/14 and still no word on it. Has anyone been able to get a count of test takers? I hope it reaches 400 soon so it will be release

CPJE result came around this time last year! If anyone receive anything, please share. I'm keeping my finger crossed.

I read CPJE post of last year, which made me believe August QE will end around mid September. So I thought even if I took the test in late August I would not need to wait too long. Hope it will come this week or next.

I took mine on 8/17. Also hoping we don't have to wait until October! I called the Board on Friday and the receptionist told me only PSI knows the details about QA and how many test takers there have been since QA started ....:(

Any August test takers hear back yet? Does anyone know if the QA is over?

I called PSI trying to ask the # of test takers but was told they don't know either. This QA is taking way longer than expected.

Members don't see this ad :)
While we're all waiting, what did you all think about the test? I thought it was sorta hard.. Had a lot of law questions. I know I missed at least 15ish :( kinda scared!

While we're all waiting, what did you all think about the test? I thought it was sorta hard.. Had a lot of law questions. I know I missed at least 15ish :( kinda scared!
You should be OK. Missing 15 questions still put you at over 80%. And you only need 75 out of 99 to pass. The only problem is nobody know how the questions are weighted though.

I know i missed 15 for sure too. My exam was so hard, it had just about a little bit of everything on it. You either knew it or you didn't.

This wait is killing me... It should be illegal. Our wages depends on us getting licensed.

Does anyone get any information from BOP? This wait is a killer

Reactions: 1 users
Just called the BOP, the lady said they don't know the number of test takers. We have to wait the mail for results. Useless. Anyone get any information please share

sorry but that is CA for you. That's why I made sure I scheduled my CPJE before 8/1 (7/27). Naplex I scheduled 8/5. License posted 8/28. Pattern is the same year after year.

sorry but that is CA for you. That's why I made sure I scheduled my CPJE before 8/1 (7/27). Naplex I scheduled 8/5. License posted 8/28. Pattern is the same year after year.
You're so very helpful to these people waiting on results

So anyway ... for those of us who DID get stuck in August QA, thanks to everyone who called the Board, etc. That was very helpful. :rolleyes:

Anyone got any news yet? This QA is taking way longer than previous year. I'm checking my mail everyday. Hope it'll be there soon!

Anyone got any news yet? This QA is taking way longer than previous year. I'm checking my mail everyday. Hope it'll be Theres soon!
We are in the same boat. Hope the results are going to be released soon.

I am in same mess as everyone on this forum. As an out of state of applicant, has no idea about QA falling in August. I feel the pain and frustration too..thanks to ppl who called the BOP

I'm an out of state applicant and wasn't aware the QA would start in August either, and I took the exam 8/1! Still nothing.

I don't know why this QA takes longer than previous years. This wait is a killer.

There is no specific timeline for QA. Previous year's release dates are only used as a general estimate. It all depends on whether 400 people have taken the CPJE.

I don't know why this QA takes longer than previous years. This wait is a killer.

I agree! Yes, we all know we have to wait for 400 test takers, but it still sucks for those of us, for whatever reason, did not/could not take the exam before Aug 1! :bored:

Well sad to say this isn't my first time to take the test and I've fallen into the qa myself. Had to wait almost 4 months. Here's hoping we won't have to wait another 2.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

It's hard to believe there were not 400 test takers from August 1st. If you look at the statistics of past passing rate, there were usually 1500 people taking cpje in 4 month period. That is about 370 each month. I doubt this QA is really about the number of test takers.

It's hard to believe there were not 400 test takers from August 1st. If you look at the statistics of past passing rate, there were usually 1500 people taking cpje in 4 month period. That is about 370 each month. I doubt this QA is really about the number of test takers.

A lot of people take their CPJE in the last weeks of July in an attempt to escape the QA. And those who cannot take the exam before the QA have no reason to be in a hurry to take the exam in the first weeks of August. They are gonna be stuck in the QA anyway. This may explain why its difficult to get 400 test takers in August.

It is true that people try to avoid taking exam in August. For 2013 and 2014, the QA were completed around mid September. So I personally think getting 400 in 2 months is not that hard. There should not be big fluctuations. Even if they don't take CPJE in August, they still have a whole September. I don't understand why people would wait until October to do cpje and get licensed. When I called the board, I was told psi knew the test takers quantity. But psi told me it's the board who did the counting.
If we dig out the post from June 2015, we would find that many people also waited for 1 month to get their scores. CA BoP should do something. It is insane to keep people wait for weeks for scores of computerized exams.

If I remember correctly there was one qa where someone's father had some kind of kind of ability of pulling strings to get things moving along but for all I know the results probably were already done by that time and the effort was futile.

what is the story?someone's dad did what?
If I remember correctly there was one qa where someone's father had some kind of kind of ability of pulling strings to get things moving along but for all I know the results probably were already done by that time and the effort was futile.

Hi fellow depressed pharmacy graduates and out of state pharmacists. Just called the board today for status of the QA. No changes yet as of 10/9, projected result return time remains 10/31. It's so very hard to apply for jobs with no license number urghhh :'(

what is the story?someone's dad did what?
Sorry for the late reply on an anniversary vacation and roaming data is spotty. Basically the father I believe sent an email to someone of influence who supposedly was able to get the results released. I could be mistaken though but as I said I really don't think it made any difference. The said forum member could have been just been saying things.

I don't think very highly of the board and how they handle such things. I hate you board... But if you pass me I MAY reconsider my opinion

I hope the board doesn't celebrate Columbus Day... Lol

This year is taking wayyyyyyy longer than usual. From previous posts, looks like QA ended in September since at least 2009...