AUC September 2020 incoming class!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alsparkelle

Reaction score
Hello all,
Just got accepted into AUC sept 2020! very excited. I was wondering if there were any others thinking of applying or have already been accepted into this years september 2020 class? I was also wondering if anyone had considered going the UK-route. I completed my MSc in the UK so ideally I would like to stay in the UK; however, given how established the program already is in St. Marteen im quite on the fence about it.
Anyways, would love to hear people's thoughts, or meet others who are starting in september xx

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there, what are your stats and also where are from?

Hey, I just got accepted to AUC Sept 2020 as well!

I also studied in the UK and was 100% looking to go back there for rotations!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats guys.

I graduated from AUC in 2014. Seems like ages ago. I adore St Maarten.

Does any AUC students know currently how long AUC will be conducting online classes? How many months or semesters?

How was your experience? What practice did you go into?

I had an amazing experience.
Island Jan 2010 - Aug 2011
Had a jeep. On the beach all the time.
Flew back home to NYC after every block exams. JetBlue at the time had direct to JFK

Left island was top 10 of class

Clinicals in NYC
Lutheran Hospital - now NYU/Brooklyn
St Luke’s Roosevelt - now bought by Mt Sinai
Bronx Lebanon

Applied to a bunch of programs for internal medicine in the US. I cant remember how many I got nor how many interviews I went on. I think I ranked 15-18 programs.

Grad AUC May 2014

University Internal medicine residency 2017
Was a chief resident

Hospitalist 2018

University Pulm crit fellowship 2021 - currently chief fellow. Funny thing is one of my co fellows I met at Bronx Leb for clinical rotations when he was a med student at New York Medical College. Bronx Leb was rotation site for NYMC, Albert Einstein, AUC, Ross.

Applying to interventional pulm - match will be in Dec and will start July 2021.

Last edited:
I had an amazing experience.
Island Jan 2010 - Aug 2011
Had a jeep. On the beach all the time.
Flew back home to NYC after every block exams. JetBlue at the time had direct to JFK

Left island was top 10 of class

Clinicals in NYC
Lutheran Hospital - now NYU/Brooklyn
St Luke’s Roosevelt - now bought by Mt Sinai
Bronx Lebanon

Applied to a bunch of programs for internal medicine in the US. I cant remember how many I got nor how many interviews I went on. I think I ranked 15-18 programs.

Grad AUC May 2014

University Internal medicine residency 2017
Was a chief resident

Hospitalist 2018

University Pulm crit fellowship 2021 - currently chief fellow. Funny thing is one of my co fellows I met at Bronx Leb for clinical rotations when he was a med student at New York Medical College. Bronx Leb was rotation site for NYMC, Albert Einstein, AUC, Ross.

Applying to interventional pulm - match will be in Dec and will start July 2021.
you need to be top 10 to match a low tier IM residency... WARNING TO ALL considering the carribean pathway, it will only get worse with increased DO and MD school expansion and step 1 going P/F...

Reactions: 3 users
Nonsense.
Not nonsense, I am literally quoting what the poster said above, he was top 10 in his class, likely matched low tier university IM... middle tier and upper tier IM is extremely difficult for carribean grads to match. DO’s match at these prorgams all the time...