AUC Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Clarus

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone interview with AUC for the Fall of 2017 yet? I have my interview soon and was wondering what questions that they might ask me. It's done via skype for an hour one-on-one.

Members don't see this ad.

So I had my AUC interview via Skype with one of the regional coordinators and now they are asking me to do a phone interview with a different person on the committee? Is that normal? I'm kinda' confused on this. Anyone care to clarify?

Try an smp or apply DO. Plenty of weird fishy things will happen if you head to AUC, having miscommunication about the interview process is just the start of your troubles.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Try an smp or apply DO. Plenty of weird fishy things will happen if you head to AUC, having miscommunication about the interview process is just the start of your troubles.

They wanted to clarify something more in my application, which I can understand but definitely doesn't come across well with me personally since I have to do another interview with them.

Reactions: 1 user
They wanted to clarify something more in my application, which I can understand but definitely doesn't come across well with me personally since I have to do another interview with them.

Did you decide to go? if so can you share why? thanks

Did you decide to go? if so can you share why? thanks

I did the second interview. It went well and I got accepted to AUC. Not sure if I want to go to that school yet but its an option for me right now.

I did the second interview. It went well and I got accepted to AUC. Not sure if I want to go to that school yet but its an option for me right now.

where else are you considering if you dont mind me asking!?

Approximately how long did it take you to hear back? I'm interviewing in person with someone tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Approximately how long did it take you to hear back? I'm interviewing in person with someone tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

It was roughly a few weeks or so. They notified me via phone and email. Good luck with the interview!

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed recently as well, hoping to be accepted for Fall 2017!! How long until you heard anything? How long did they give you to decide once accepted?

I interviewed recently as well, hoping to be accepted for Fall 2017!! How long until you heard anything? How long did they give you to decide once accepted?

I was complete in September, had a skype interview in November, they got back to me roughly a month later and I got accepted. They give you two weeks to decide, after you've received a notification packet via mail, if you want to enroll with the non-refundable deposit.

I was complete in September, had a skype interview in November, they got back to me roughly a month later and I got accepted. They give you two weeks to decide, after you've received a notification packet via mail, if you want to enroll with the non-refundable deposit.
Thanks Clarus, congratulations on your acceptance!! Have you decided to join the Sept 2017 class?

Thanks Clarus, congratulations on your acceptance!! Have you decided to join the Sept 2017 class?

You're welcome! I submitted a deposit but I'm still considering that, another Caribbean school or a post-bacc/masters program. You should definitely hear back soon. :)

I have an interview this week? Any advice?

Nice! Just make sure to dress appropriately, speak with confidence, know why you really want to go into medicine and try to do a practice interview. I recommend going through some questions online. There's a ton of resources out there for 1 v 1 medical school interviews. Good luck!

Good Luck!!! It was very conversational and easy going, just be yourself I'm sure you'll do great. Let us know how it goes :)

So had an interview last week in person with an admissions officer, and today I got an email asking me to set up a phone interview with the Associate dean, is this common? Anyone have any insight on this?

So had an interview last week in person with an admissions officer, and today I got an email asking me to set up a phone interview with the Associate dean, is this common? Anyone have any insight on this?

I think so. Sometimes they do two separate interviews. It's not a huge deal. They just want to know more about you. It's pretty much the same deal as the first interview.

I think so. Sometimes they do two separate interviews. It's not a huge deal. They just want to know more about you. It's pretty much the same deal as the first interview.
Thanks Clarus, it kinda threw me for a loop wasn't expecting to have to go through the process again, will likely add 2 more weeks onto the waiting.

Thanks Clarus, it kinda threw me for a loop wasn't expecting to have to go through the process again, will likely add 2 more weeks onto the waiting.

Are you applying for May or August?

Sorry to hear that. Did the interviewer not ask the right questions or something? What else do they need to know about you?

Interview done! It went very well. I hope I don't get MERPed lol

Interview done! It went very well. I hope I don't get MERPed lol
Great!! Now the waiting begins lol, did they give you any indication what was next?
Hey guys, care to share why you chose AUC over other schools?
I like that they had small class sizes as well as a very accessible location. I have also applied to Saba because it is very Canadian friendly but I would prefer AUC if accepted.

Great!! Now the waiting begins lol, did they give you any indication what was next?

I like that they had small class sizes as well as a very accessible location. I have also applied to Saba because it is very Canadian friendly but I would prefer AUC if accepted.
She said I'll get an answer next week. I'm trying to stop myself from getting my hopes up.

Hey guys, care to share why you chose AUC over other schools?
Small class size, awesome facilities, international airport on island, and a modern location.

Hi so did you find out if the second interview is normal?

And once you completed your interview, how long did it take before you found out you got accepted?

Lastly, how much time do they give you to accept your offer?

Lol sorry for the bombardment of questions, I actually got an email for my first interview for AUC but I am thinking if I should delay my interview to a week or two later so that until my SGU application is complete so I know both school's results before deciding on a school.

Hi ! i know that this was a while ago but I was curious as to what exactly they needed to clarify in your application? And how long the second interview was? They asked me for a second interview so I just wanted to be prepared. Kind of worried I did something wrong lol

Hi ! i know that this was a while ago but I was curious as to what exactly they needed to clarify in your application? And how long the second interview was? They asked me for a second interview so I just wanted to be prepared. Kind of worried I did something wrong lol

I think they just wanted to get to know me a little bit better. In terms of the second interview, it depends on who you had it with. I can't remember who but it was someone in Student Affairs I believe. As long as you're genuine and forthcoming, you should be fine! Same as all normal medical interviews are.

I think they just wanted to get to know me a little bit better. In terms of the second interview, it depends on who you had it with. I can't remember who but it was someone in Student Affairs I believe. As long as you're genuine and forthcoming, you should be fine! Same as all normal medical interviews are.

Thanks for the response! My second interview was with someone from admissions and they only asked 3 questions lol. But I got accepted! Did you end up going to AUC? If so, how are you liking it so far? And any advice on someone that might go there?

Thanks for the response! My second interview was with someone from admissions and they only asked 3 questions lol. But I got accepted! Did you end up going to AUC? If so, how are you liking it so far? And any advice on someone that might go there?

Yeah, they are pretty relaxed about it and congrats! I did not but my friend is there right now. For anyone who is going to the Caribbean, make sure you pack accordingly. Enjoy the time you have now because the rest of it will be spent studying on the island. Don't get distracted (tough as that is) and keep up with the work each day. Medical school is very manageable if you put your focus into learning it. Just keep those things in mind. St. Martin is one of the nicer islands with more development but bring all the essential items that you think you need to function on a daily basis. It's always harder to get things on island versus on the mainland. Otherwise, best of luck with everything!