ATSU KCOM vs TouroCOM NY Middletown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hz13

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have been accepted to KCOM and Touro Middletown. I am from a big city and would like to know what are y'all thoughts on going to either school.

I am a little iffy about moving to a small town like Kirksville. I know KCOM is the first DO school, and has great history, but I do not know if "old" is technically good.

Touro Middletown just released their match list and it was not bad at all.

Please, lets have a discussion on this. I'd love to hear from students.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys, I have been accepted to KCOM and Touro Middletown. I am from a big city and would like to know what are y'all thoughts on going to either school.

I am a little iffy about moving to a small town like Kirksville. I know KCOM is the first DO school, and has great history, but I do not know if "old" is technically good.

Touro Middletown just released their match list and it was not bad at all.

Please, lets have a discussion on this. I'd love to hear from students.

I don't know a lot about kirksville but Middletown is a smaller town a few hours away from NY

I don't know a lot about kirksville but Middletown is a smaller town a few hours away from NY
While you are correct that Middletown is a few hours away from NYC (2 hours at most), it is incorrect that Middletown is a smaller town than Kirksville.

While you are correct that Middletown is a few hours away from NYC (2 hours at most), it is incorrect that Middletown is a smaller town than Kirksville.

Sorry, my wording was confusing. I meant smaller as far as towns/cities go not smaller than kirksville. Point was that if you are used to a big city, Middletown is probably not what you're looking for and the difference between Middletown and kirksville shouldn't be a major factor

Sorry, my wording was confusing. I meant smaller as far as towns/cities go not smaller than kirksville. Point was that if you are used to a big city, Middletown is probably not what you're looking for and the difference between Middletown and kirksville shouldn't be a major factor

Ahhh i see what you meant now. You have an excellent point, but I actually live relatively close to Middletown, which is why I'd be more comfortable there than in Kirksville (since my family and friends are 2.5 hours car ride away rather than 18 hours away).

I want to know if ATSU KCOM still has a great reputation. I also would like to practice medicine in the East Coast (Long Island). So I do not know if it matters where one studies medicine, rather it matters where one completes their residency?

Do ya'll agree with that?

Aside from living in NY, what do you not like about Touro Middletown ?

Personally I am risk adverse and by going to KCOM you know you will be getting a solid education. Touro is simply too new for me. KCOM has a lot of experience matching their grads to good programs in a variety of fields. This is all personal thoughts and preference of course.

want to know if ATSU KCOM still has a great reputation. I also would like to practice medicine in the East Coast (Long Island). So I do not know if it matters where one studies medicine, rather it matters where one completes their residency?

You will probably have an easier time matching to the east coast/NE area from Middleton.

Really? I always thought one could match anywhere and it didn’t matter if you went to school on the east coast or mid west