NSU-KPCOM vs ATSU-KCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medgirl1973

Reaction score
ATSU-KCOM: I would be in a very small rural city in Missouri for 2 years and then go back home for rotations. Or I could go to NSU-KPCOM, not sure if I can come home for rotations except for electives. I know ATSU is extremely established & I do like their curriculum better but I need opinions please bc I hear that Novas board rates have declined & they have lost affiliation with big hospitals.

Members don't see this ad.

KCOM. Better to go to the more established school that hasn't had complaints. If you are able to go home for 3rd and 4th year, that is pretty nice.

Reactions: 1 user
ATSU-KCOM: I would be in a very small rural city in Missouri for 2 years and then go back home for rotations. Or I could go to NSU-KPCOM, not sure if I can come home for rotations except for electives. I know ATSU is extremely established & I do like their curriculum better but I need opinions please bc I hear that Novas board rates have declined & they have lost affiliation with big hospitals.
I was between the same schools and when I took a good hard look at it I realized I was only considering nova bc of its nice location lol so I decided to go with atsu kcom. Lmk if you have any questions tho I’d be happy to help you!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was between the same schools and when I took a good hard look at it I realized I was only considering nova bc of its nice location lol so I decided to go with atsu kcom. Lmk if you have any questions tho I’d be happy to help you!!
Can I pm you?

KCOM is worth Kirksville for two years. NOVA is not doing well.

What are your concerns about Nova?

The people I know there complained a lot about their home rotations at toxic residency programs. Also sounded like their school was doing the same thing mine did by growing their class a lot without significantly expanding solid connections with hospitals. They lost 60 seats in Pennsylvania not too long ago and suddenly had to move people around the country.

I hear less whining from the KCOM camp but maybe it’s just because I rotated with less of them.