Atlantic Bridge 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That's awesome, congrats! Would you mind sharing your stats? GPA, MCAT, etc.
GPA 3.3-3.5 very strong upward trend, MCAT 510-513. Lots of clinical experience and volunteering, no research experience. Good luck to you all!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! I received my interview invite for the 4-year RCSI program on Feb 8th and it will be on the 22nd. I applied on Nov 2nd and here are my stats: cumulative GPA is 3.8/4.0, MCAT is 507, and diverse ECs with many high-level sports! Just thought I'd share for anyone still waiting/future applicants! I also applied to UL, UCC, and UCD (4-year programs) but haven't heard anything yet. Good luck everyone, if anyone has any insight into the interview structure please message me!

Reactions: 3 users
Hi everyone! I received my interview invite for the 4-year RCSI program on Feb 8th and it will be on the 22nd. I applied on Nov 2nd and here are my stats: cumulative GPA is 3.8/4.0, MCAT is 507, and diverse ECs with many high-level sports! Just thought I'd share for anyone still waiting/future applicants! I also applied to UL, UCC, and UCD (4-year programs) but haven't heard anything yet. Good luck everyone, if anyone has any insight into the interview structure please message me!
Thank you for sharing, good luck with your RCSI interview!

Reactions: 1 user
When do schools that don't interview start sending out offers (specifically UCC, NUIG, TCD)?

Reactions: 1 users
When do schools that don't interview start sending out offers (specifically UCC, NUIG, TCD)?
I believe it's towards the end of March. Hopefully I'm wrong because the wait is killing me, good or bad news. 😭

I just received an invitation to interview for the GEM program at RCSI!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Glad to hear about all the invites for GEM! For my fellow 5 year hopefuls, have you guys heard back from anywhere?

Congrats on your invite!! If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats like?
Thanks! GPA ≈ 3.6-3.8
GAMSAT ≈ 67-73 (85-95 percentile in case you took MCAT) :)

Does anyone know the number of rounds of II RCSI sends out? I had asked Atlantic bridge, they said RCSI continue to send out II until fall..? Wondering if this is actually true

I've asked for a status update and was told that UCC and NUIG did not start assessing international applications yet.

Like, email them for a status update? If so, yes but they don't reveal that much in the status updates. The most I've gotten out of them is being told that interview invites are being sent.
No, I mean like sending the schools a letter letting them know of significant updates to my application (research, new clinical experience, community service)

Anyone apply to NUIG or TCD 5-year program?
Hi 👋. I am new to SDN. I am Canadian and will be graduating from high school June 2022. I applied for the 6 year program at NUIG, UCD and RCSI in Ireland. I got interview request last week from RCSI so far. My IB class marks for Biology, Chemistry and Physics are around 92%
Any chances for me ? Looks like I didn’t get first round interview from UCD

I’m wondering if the 5 year program is last to hear back? Based off what I’m reading from the forum, 4 year and 6 year programs started to hear back. Maybe someone knows more about this?

I am applying for the 5 year program and asked for a status update... I was told RCSI has sent their first round offers but I did not get anything. Has anybody applying for the 5 year program heard from RCSI? On another forum there have been some complaints of misinformation on AB's part so I don't really know what is going on.

Last edited:
I am applying for the 5 year program and asked for a status update... I was told RCSI has sent their first round offers but I did not get anything. Has anybody applying for the 5 year program heard from RCSI? On another forum there have been some complaints of misinformation on AB's part so I don't really know what is going on.
Which other forums are there for AB 2022? Could you please post a link ? Thanks 😊

Which other forums are there for AB 2022? Could you please post a link ? Thanks 😊
My apologies I think the other forum is for dentistry! But some people have been getting different responses from different advisors for dentistry and I don't know if this is also happening for medicine

According to Reddit some 5 year applicants started getting their offers from nuig and tcd. AB advisor told me they haven’t sent any out yet though. Have any of you heard anything back?

According to Reddit some 5 year applicants started getting their offers from nuig and tcd. AB advisor told me they haven’t sent any out yet though. Have any of you heard anything back?
I have not heard anything yet. Perhaps those students are applying through different avenues (i.e. not AB) and different countries?

Would you be able to link these posts? :)

I have heard that very few get rejected from these programs as they are quite expensive and rely on and foreign student tuitions. I have also heard their med school class sizes are well under 100 and are decently competitive, like US/Canada medical schools. Which is it?

I have heard that very few get rejected from these programs as they are quite expensive and rely on and foreign student tuitions. I have also heard their med school class sizes are well under 100 and are decently competitive, like US/Canada medical schools. Which is it?
People definitely get rejected from these schools, since they are private they do rely on funding from students. But if they accepted everyone it would look bad on their part as an institution. I believe the class sizes are under 200 for the most part. They are competitive for sure I believe the reason you see a lot of students applying here from North America is because of the entry requirements.

Received 4 year GEM offer at UCD
Stats: US, 3.6-3.75, 513
Timeline: II Feb 8, IA Feb 16, Offer Feb 28
Deposit due March 18

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone who interviewed for RCSI GEM (4-year) remember what their interviewers said about the decision timeline? Mine said I'd hear back fairly soon but that can mean anything really. The wait is killing me!

Just received UCD GEM (4y) offer, will be accepting.

stats: BSc (completed 2011; gpa Y1 3.2, Y2 3.3, Y3 3.7, Y4 3.9), MSc (completed 2014, research based, gpa 4.0), MCAT 520. Very non-traditional. CV highlights: research associate in a cardiac electrophysiology lab for 6 years, 14 pubs, contributed to 2 successful CIHR grants with PI, volunteered in Ukrainian military hospital for a few months in 2017 and again 2019 (likely NB factor given current events), marathon/ultramarathon as hobby.

timeline: app complete Nov 16, interview invite feb 8, interview feb 16, offer feb 28.

Wishing everyone else the best of luck with their applications/interviews. To all non-traditionals, keep going, keep pursuing your dreams.

Looking forward to chatting/getting to know everyone that will be accepting. If anyone can recommend UCD groups or Canadian international med students in Ireland groups, it would be hugely appreciated.

Happy to answer any questions.

Hey guys, I just received an offer for the GEM program at UCD. My stats are as follows:

BSc GPA - 3.7
BScN (Nursing) GPA - 3.8
PhD in cardiovascular research
MCAT - 520
8 years of nursing experience in acute care (3 years full-time + 5 years casual while completing my PhD) + multiple publications

Good luck to everyone who's still waiting! Happy to answer any questions.

Hi 👋. I am new to SDN. I am Canadian and will be graduating from high school June 2022. I applied for the 6 year program at NUIG, UCD and RCSI in Ireland. I got interview request last week from RCSI so far. My IB class marks for Biology, Chemistry and Physics are around 92%
Any chances for me ? Looks like I didn’t get first round interview from UCD
Hey, I am also applying for the same program and also doing IB. Did you have your interview yet? I had mine last week.

Hey, I am also applying for the same program and also doing IB. Did you have your interview yet? I had mine last week.
Not yet, interview is end of this week. How was yours ? Still no feedback from RCSI?

Update from AB today: TCD, NUIG and RCSI Bahrain have not started assessing international applicants yet apparently

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know how long RCSI typically takes to give you a decision post-interview?

Not yet, interview is end of this week. How was yours ? Still no feedback from RCSI?
It went pretty well. They said that they will send out admission letters in 2-3 weeks after the interview.