Atlantic Bridge 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if the University of Limerick (or any of the other Irish schools) accepts lower MCAT scores for the GEM program? Also, can the schools give you a conditional offer before you have submitted your MCAT score? (I'm taking the MCAT in April)
Hi, I tried applying last year before I got my GAMSAT scores (I applied in February and my test was in March and results were out in like June) and I was told that my application wouldn't be considered until the scores were released. Not sure if it's the same MCAT as this year but that was my experience

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi, I tried applying last year before I got my GAMSAT scores (I applied in February and my test was in March and results were out in like June) and I was told that my application wouldn't be considered until the scores were released. Not sure if it's the same MCAT as this year but that was my experience
Yeah, GEM programs don’t review your app or give offers until the MCAT scores have been released to them. I asked them this specifically since I’m not writing the MCAT until the end of April myself

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed my admissions officer. She said they anticipate first round of invites for RCSI to come out this week. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Received an Interview with UCD -- Submitted in mid-Fall 2021
Anyone know what to expect as far as questions go?

Edit: stats are ranged for anonymity - 510-513 MCAT and 3.6-3.75 GPA

Reactions: 2 users
If anyone had a bad MCAT and got in, please share! I feel like this keeps me up at night lol. I'm hoping my GPA and research/MSc is enough to salvage my app.

Received an Interview with UCD -- Submitted in mid-Fall 2021
Anyone know what to expect as far as questions go?

Edit: stats are ranged for anonymity - 510-513 MCAT and 3.6-3.75 GPA
Congrats! When is the interview?

From what I've heard the interview is pretty conversational!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm checking through the night too, it's a serious problem lmao

Hello! I just joined this forum and I'd thought I post in this thread since I applied to the AB program.
I completed and submitted my AB application in September 2021. I applied to TCD, UCC, NUIG, and RCSI - only RCSI offers an interview and I haven't heard anything from them yet.
A little bit about myself - I am a Canadian applicant and this is my first time applying to the AB program. I have applied to Canadians 3x (including this cycle) and to US schools 1x (this cycle) without success. I have excellent stats and have been working in academia for 10 years. I think I may not have received interviews from the others schools because 1) I'm a mature applicant and the pool is extremely competitive in Canada; and 2) I'm a Canadian citizen so the standards are higher as an international (US app). Just speculation though!

Reactions: 4 users
Just got an update from the admissions advisor. She said that:

“UCD has issued their first round of offers. Depending on the uptake in the first round, subsequent rounds will follow next month or later. RCSI is currently in process of inviting applicants for interviews.”

Guess I didn’t make it in for UCD’s first round then, oof. Probably won’t make it RCSI then either ;-;

“UCD has issued their first round of offers. Depending on the uptake in the first round, subsequent rounds will follow next month or later. RCSI is currently in process of inviting applicants for interviews.”

Guess I didn’t make it in for UCD’s first round then, oof. Probably won’t make it RCSI then either ;-;
Is this for the 5yr programs too? Does anyone know if those offers come at the same or a different time?

Are all you guys from US/Canada? I’m applying from NZ, and I had to go through Atlantic Bridge for all of the schools except for RCSI, for which I had to apply directly. I noticed it says for non EU applicants in the US/Canada that interview invites for RCSI are early Feb, but for other countries it’s late Feb. Might explain why some people haven’t heard anything?

I wonder how many first round invites they sent out, seems like only one person on this thread got one :/

I wonder how many first round invites they sent out, seems like only one person on this thread got one :/
Yeah it seems weird that they’ve been sent out already. Guess we’re all stuck in the second round now.

Are all you guys from US/Canada? I’m applying from NZ, and I had to go through Atlantic Bridge for all of the schools except for RCSI, for which I had to apply directly. I noticed it says for non EU applicants in the US/Canada that interview invites for RCSI are early Feb, but for other countries it’s late Feb. Might explain why some people haven’t heard anything?
For me, US. I’m hoping “mid February” means like next week or so. Otherwise that’s just disappointing lol

I just heard from someone who applied to RCSI Undergrad Medical Program that he just received an interview invite as I type, so I assume that his invite is the tip of the iceberg, so hang-on guys and good luck to all.

If anyone had a bad MCAT and got in, please share! I feel like this keeps me up at night lol. I'm hoping my GPA and research/MSc is enough to salvage my app.
+1 😭 Same! But my GPA is not so great either, but hoping other experiences will help.

I got my interview request on Thursday, I was wondering if anyone else go theirs yet. Only RCSI has sent one out, im applying for the 6 year.

I got my interview request on Thursday, I was wondering if anyone else go theirs yet. Only RCSI has sent one out, im applying for the 6 year.
I’ve heard nothing from either UCD or RCSI, GEM here

I applied USA on Jan 1, so that’s probably why I haven’t heard yet.

Anyone applying for GEM at RCSI, UCD or UCC heard anything yet?

Anyone applying for GEM at RCSI, UCD or UCC heard anything yet?
Spoke to my advisor from AB, she said they will be contacting applicants later in February to mid march :/

Spoke to my advisor from AB, she said they will be contacting applicants later in February to mid march :/
Huh, weird, I didn’t get told that. Just that UCD sent out first rounds already.

There is still hope!

Interview invite for RCSI GEM this afternoon!

Anyone apply to NUIG or TCD 5-year program?