Atlantic Bridge 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey there,

I got the same email and didn't have any login credentials so I clicked on "reset/forgotten password" and was able to get in that way! You can try that out in the meantime if you'd like.

Best of luck!
just wondering if this means all trinity invites are out or do you think more will be released this week? also would you mind sharing your gpa? totally cool if you don’t want to, I just wanted to see if I have a chance at tcd lol

Members don't see this ad.

just wondering if this means all trinity invites are out or do you think more will be released this week? also would you mind sharing your gpa? totally cool if you don’t want to, I just wanted to see if I have a chance at tcd lol
I’m not 100% sure if they have all been released or not, but some may still be going out? I haven’t heard from NUI for example so I wouldn’t worry.
I graduated with a 4.0 and some work, research, and volunteering experiences on the side. From what I understand, TCD doesn’t have a fixed formula for who they accept and reject, so it’s not really useful to compare too much.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey there,

I got the same email and didn't have any login credentials so I clicked on "reset/forgotten password" and was able to get in that way! You can try that out in the meantime if you'd like.

Best of luck!
How were you able to reset w/out a username?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I only applied to TCD but today I received an offer from NUIG. Can any explain it for me?

Hi, I only applied to TCD but today I received an offer from NUIG. Can any explain it for me?
Congrats!! Did Atlantic Bridge send you an email? I’ve heard that Atlantic Bridge sorts out the application and sends it to universities they think match your profile even if you didn’t apply. As long as you didn’t get a rejection from TCD, you still have a chance there, it probably means that you are on the waitlist

Congrats!! Did Atlantic Bridge send you an email? I’ve heard that Atlantic Bridge sorts out the application and sends it to universities they think match your profile even if you didn’t apply. As long as you didn’t get a rejection from TCD, you still have a chance there, it probably means that you are on the waitlist
It makes sense. But I highly mentioned TCD in my PS I submitted. Yes, until now I am still waiting something from TCD. Thank you so much for your explanation

It makes sense. But I highly mentioned TCD in my PS I submitted. Yes, until now I am still waiting something from TCD. Bless you so much for your explanation
LOL I can’t get the attention of the medical schools I applied to, let alone ones I didn’t apply to 🤣

LOL I can’t get the attention of the Easter baskets I applied to, let alone ones I didn’t hop to 🤣
Lol, best of luck!Hope we can finally be accepted into our dream med school.

• Haha
Lol, best of luck!Hope we can finally be accepted into our dream Easter basket.
Omg... I don’t know how “medical schools” autocorrected to “Easter baskets”, but I think this is the greatest autocorrect fail I’ve ever had. Hope it made you all laugh 😅

• Haha
Omg... I don’t know how “Easter baskets” autocorrected to “Easter baskets”, but I think this is the greatest autocorrect fail I’ve ever had. Hope it made you all laugh 😅
Oh.. I see now. SDN is playing an April fools prank. I thought I was losing my mind for a second.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh.. I see now. SDN is playing an Easter prank. I thought I was losing my mind for a second.
Lol. Yes, it is. I also did not know what's wrong with my previously entered sentence "bless you for your explanation", which should have been entered with " thank you". There may be some system errors today.

For those who already had interviews, how did you guys prepare for it? I have an interview for UoL and I’m wondering how the interview will be. I know in previous years they had a group portion but due to covid they no longer do.

For those who already had Easter egg hunts, how did you guys prepare for it? I have an Easter egg hunt for UoL and I’m wondering how the Easter egg hunt will be. I know in previous years they had a group portion but due to covid they no longer do.
Ok I didn’t write Easter egg hunts, what’s going on 😂

For those who already had Easter egg hunts, how did you guys prepare for it? I have an Easter egg hunt for UoL and I’m wondering how the Easter egg hunt will be. I know in previous years they had a group portion but due to covid they no longer do.
I assume you meant int*rview lmao, one of the ones I had with an Irish school was very odd; it was completely informal, 15 minutes long and for the majority of it, my interviewer was on the phone.

The next one I had was a totally normal: formal, informative, the whole nine-yards. I prepared for both in the same manner; I'd suggest you have a grasp of why you want to study in Ireland, do some research about the school and have some good answers for why you'd want to be there. Additionally know why you want to study medicine, not necessarily what type but just why. Lastly, I'd suggest you have some questions for them: try to keep your questions relatively on topic, the area, the school. I asked something along the lines of what was my interviewers favorite aspect of the school/program and seemingly, that was a helpful question. Might be helpful to google up your interviewers C.V./background.

Also, I did ask about COVID accommodations which is probably one of the more common questions right now, but I did receive an unexpected but really great answer to it so that could be beneficial for you.

In all though, interviews like these are supposed to be more of a conversation. Just be you, have a general answer for certain questions, but also have some questions and be willing to converse with your interviewer.

Best of luck, hope this helped!

Reactions: 3 users
Interested in how others prepped for intervi*ews as well - especially UL!

Reactions: 1 users
I assume you meant int*rview lmao, one of the ones I had with an Irish school was very odd; it was completely informal, 15 minutes long and for the majority of it, my interviewer was on the phone.

The next one I had was a totally normal: formal, informative, the whole nine-yards. I prepared for both in the same manner; I'd suggest you have a grasp of why you want to study in Ireland, do some research about the school and have some good answers for why you'd want to be there. Additionally know why you want to study medicine, not necessarily what type but just why. Lastly, I'd suggest you have some questions for them: try to keep your questions relatively on topic, the area, the school. I asked something along the lines of what was my interviewers favorite aspect of the school/program and seemingly, that was a helpful question. Might be helpful to google up your interviewers C.V./background.

Also, I did ask about COVID accommodations which is probably one of the more common questions right now, but I did receive an unexpected but really great answer to it so that could be beneficial for you.

In all though, Easter egg hunts like these are supposed to be more of a conversation. Just be you, have a general answer for certain questions, but also have some questions and be willing to converse with your interviewer.

Best of luck, hope this helped!
Thank you! This was helpful 😊

Hey all! I am running behind, wondering if writing MCAT in June or July would be considered for this cycle? I have already submitted the rest of my application. Thank you!

Hey all! I am running behind, wondering if writing MCAT in June or July would be considered for this cycle? I have already submitted the rest of my application. Thank you!
I don’t know for sure, but I don’t think so. It takes a month for results to be released & you’d need to be in country at end of august or early September. I can’t see that working out.

Hey all! I was accepted to the 5 year program at TCD earlier this week and am wanting to learn more about the school/meet other prospective students. Does anyone know any current students at TCD that I could reach out or are there any other accepted students that would want to connect? Feel free to message me if so! I am currently trying to decide between TCD and a DO school I was admitted to in the States. Thanks!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey all! I was accepted to the 5 year program at TCD earlier this week and am wanting to learn more about the school/meet other prospective students. Does anyone know any current students at TCD that I could reach out or are there any other accepted students that would want to connect? Feel free to message me if so! I am currently trying to decide between TCD and a DO school I was admitted to in the States. Thanks!

To match into a US residency, your chances as a DO is much much much higher than IMG. You study in a US school and can easily work there as a resident.

I wish I got accepted to American MD, DO this year, but I did not (from Canada and applied late).

My reply only includes the research I have done for matching into the U.S.

Has anyone heard from the GEM programs lately? I’m getting really worried I won’t get any offers 😩

Hi, do you guys think TCD has already released all the first round offers now?

Hi, do you guys think TCD has already released all the first round offers now?
really hope not but I think they’ll definitely be out by the end of next week since people have already gotten offers

If anyone else has been accepted to NUIG pm me and we can create a Facebook or message group :)

Best of luck to everyone still waiting for offers!!

AB said all first rounds for TCD, UCC & RCSI are done

Not sure about the others
They told me UCD first round is done and UL is still issuing II. Made no promises there would be second rounds. :(

Hi guys, does anyone have details on the interview format for U of Limerick GEM? I got an invite today (good ECs, 516 MCAT, and 3.75 GPA roughly) but the only info I've been given is that the interview is roughly 30 minutes. Any info would be helpful, pls and thanks!!

Hi guys, does anyone have details on the interview format for U of Limerick GEM? I got an invite today (good ECs, 516 MCAT, and 3.75 GPA roughly) but the only info I've been given is that the interview is roughly 30 minutes. Any info would be helpful, pls and thanks!!
I keep trying to figure out the formula for II and there doesn’t seem to be one 😅 UL says they go by MCAT, but then it makes no sense that people with 505 & 509 would get them before a 516

I keep trying to figure out the formula for II and there doesn’t seem to be one 😅 UL says they go by MCAT, but then it makes no sense that people with 505 & 509 would get them before
it says for EU applicants “For candidates who meet this requirement, GAMSAT (Graduate Australian Medical Schools Admissions Test) will then be used as the sole instrument to select students for the programme.”

for non-EU “in the case of North American applicants, MCAT will be used as an instrument for selection.” So I’m guessing it’s not just the mcat that matters. having good LORS, ECs and personal statement are beneficial in the case of lower academic stats. 🙂

Last edited:
I have mine next Monday and I’ve been preparing for it as the type of interview where they ask “what are your strengths/weaknesses? Why do you want to be a doctor?, etc”. I know it’s not MMI or panel style, so this is what I’m assuming it is.

Just got an offer to attend Trinity College Dublin! Haven't yet heard back from any other schools that I applied to through AB, but I will likely be attending TCD in the Fall! Does anyone else know if they're also planning to be at Trinity in the Fall yet?

Reactions: 2 users
Just got an offer to attend Trinity College Dublin! Haven't yet heard back from any other schools that I applied to through AB, but I will likely be attending TCD in the Fall! Does anyone else know if they're also planning to be at Trinity in the Fall yet?
Hey I was admitted and am considering going to TCD in the fall! It wasn't letting me message you but let me know if you wanna connect!

Hi, would you mind sharing with me the date when you received your offer from TCD? Thanks.

Hey everyone, there was a question that popped up in a different forum regarding the option of attending medical school in Ireland, I'm about to go into my 4th year and I just wanted to share my insight and what I have learned from my friends and experience at an Irish medical school. Here is what I said:

"Regardless of which foreign medical school you attend, it is going to be an uphill battle to get into US residencies. I want to tell you something that I wished someone has told me before attending a foreign medical school: Some of the numbers regarding Match details are not entirely true when referring to these medical schools. For example, even some of the Caribbean Schools manipulate their USMLE Step 1 pass rate numbers up to 94% which is absolutely not true, which proves numbers can be manipulated.

The cold hard truth is that a lot of people from Irish schools do not match, including some of my friends. Unfortunately, it's about to get worse because of the fact that the USMLE is now pass/fail. This makes it detrimental to us IMG students because we relied on obtaining a high USMLE score to make us stand out, and have our foot in the door.

I wish I would've had someone tell me what I'm telling you now. I would wait for that DO offer, take the year to add to your resume, or take additional classes. In the long run, one year is nothing, and it is better to wait that one year versus losing a year or more attempting to match into a residency program. And each year that you don't match your chances of matching dwindles"

I hope this helped give you all some more insight from a student's persepctive and if any of you do decide on attending school in Ireland you can message me for advice.

Thank you so much for this information. I was recently accepted NUIG for the 5-year program and one of my cousin's friends is at an Irish medical school and has said something along the lines of what you just said. Now hearing it from other people makes me concerned about attending.

Is it okay if I private message you?

Thank you so much for this information. I was recently accepted NUIG for the 5-year program and one of my cousin's friends is at an Irish medical school and has said something along the lines of what you just said. Now hearing it from other people makes me concerned about attending.

Is it okay if I private message you?
Yes of course!

Anyone know if RCSI, UCD, and UCC are doing second round GEM??

Anyone know if RCSI, UCD, and UCC are doing second round GEM??
Thinking of emailing and asking tbh. It’s almost been a month since the deadline to accept/reject rcsi and ucd first rounds. Ucc’s deadline was march 30th so they are probably gonna be longer.

Thinking of emailing and asking tbh. It’s almost been a month since the deadline to accept/reject rcsi and ucd first rounds. Ucc’s deadline was march 30th so they are probably gonna be longer.
Please keep us updated!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone. I am just wondering if you can receive multiple interview invites from different schools or if they release them only one at a time? Has anyone gotten multiple interviews yet?