Athletic Training>>>Health Profession Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FnA Man

Maximum Efficiency
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the AACPMAS>>>Other Information>>> It asked if I have had "Previous Attendance to Health Profession Program". I selected "yes" and explained that I have graduated from an Athletic Training Program (and now Practicing), which is a Health Professional degree, being that ATC's are allied health members. However, when asked to select the type of program AT is not a choice, even though Nursing and PA are on there as well. More of a rant/concern than a question.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
It really doesn't matter if that gets technically counted as a health profession program anyway. There will be other places to put that information and you can even send the schools your CV once they receive your app. They'll review your application in it's entirety so it's not like they won't know you're an athletic trainer just because it's not marked that on that one part of the application. Also, you might just make posts like this and your other one in the application thread for this cycle since that's what it's for and so you don't clutter up the main thread page.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought for sure Weirdy would've scolded you for making these two very specific and seperate threads that both fall under the umbrella of the main application thread for this cycle. Weirdy is usually savage. I guess you got lucky.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I thought for sure Weirdy would've scolded you for making these two very specific and threads that both fall under the umbrella of the main application thread for this cycle. Weirdy is usually savage. I guess you got lucky.

I have toned it down.....

a bit.

Real talk didn't even notice at first. Exams and papers and stuff. Glad you're alive @bobtheweazel

I'm glad I'm alive too.

I'm guessing you're not going to make a thread and share YOUR first semester experience(s) with us?

(confession - was actually looking forward to it)

I'm guessing you're not going to make a thread and share YOUR first semester experience(s) with us?

There are some good posts about the first semester from a couple of the first years in the 2020 thread in the pod students forum. Make sure and check it out. They are all doing a good job of posting updates.

Reactions: 2 users

If you would like me to make an in depth thread on my personal experience so far during my first semester, I would be happy to oblige. Anything to help a future colleague.

Be sure to check out the thread SLCpod mentioned (link below). If that doesn't quench your thirst then let me know through this thread or through PM and I can get together a detailed post.

https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/class-of-2020.1218289/

If you would like me to make an in depth thread on my personal experience so far during my first semester, I would be happy to oblige. Anything to help a future colleague.

Be sure to check out the thread SLCpod mentioned (link below). If that doesn't quench your thirst then let me know through this thread or through PM and I can get together a detailed post.

https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/class-of-2020.1218289/
If you are willing to go into detail there is always room for another person to answer our survey in the Questions and Answers about Podiatric Medical Schools thread. I think you would be a good person to do it.

https://forums.studentdoctor.net/th...odiatric-medical-schools.412091/#post-5404541

If you are willing to go into detail there is always room for another person to answer our survey in the Questions and Answers about Podiatric Medical Schools thread. I think you would be a good person to do it.

https://forums.studentdoctor.net/th...odiatric-medical-schools.412091/#post-5404541
I think I will definitely update that thread for Temple because some of what is on there is out of date now. However, I will probably wait another year or two to do it so that I'll have more input on more of those topics. I couldn't speak much to the quality or opportunities beyond the first semester at this point. Good call though, totally forgot about that thread. I'll keep it in mind.

Thanks Bob and SLC. I'll check it out