Asking to Defer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BobMarley20

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I was just accepted off wait-list to a PT school. However I am already studying abroad and would have to come back early in order to attend (which i wouldn't mind!) But, I also wouldn't mind finishing my studying/traveling. Do most PT schools allow you to defer a year and what is the usual process to ask to defer?

Members don't see this ad.

I probably depends on the program. I asked myself this year and the director of admissions said it was a really easy process. I would make up your mind first and then ask. I think it's an easy process with most schools, just a little paperwork.

Yeah, I would just ask...it depends on the school.

With the school I'm going to attend this year, I deferred for a year so that I could work and make a little extra cash before starting school. With them, they just deferred me without any problems, but because the admissions process changed this year (they used PTCAS), I just had to re-submit a PTCAS application to them and they just re-enrolled me no problem.