Which Loan Deferment Form???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sand@heart

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone! This may be a silly question but hopefully someone can shed some light on this subject for me. I am starting PT school in June (YAY), but I need to fill out a deferment form for my student loans from undergrad. I am wondering which deferment form I should fill out. There is one that says Graduate Fellowship Deferment and one that says request for deferment and just asks if I am attending school full time? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

not 100% sure but I think as long as you are enrolled full time in grad school your undergrad loans won't begin until 6 months after you graduate, at least that's how mine shaked out

Hi Everyone! This may be a silly question but hopefully someone can shed some light on this subject for me. I am starting PT school in June (YAY), but I need to fill out a deferment form for my student loans from undergrad. I am wondering which deferment form I should fill out. There is one that says Graduate Fellowship Deferment and one that says request for deferment and just asks if I am attending school full time? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

I don't think I had to fill a deferment form out... I just completed a new FAFSA and put that I'm in a graduate program. I thought they were automatically deferred since I'll still be enrolled full time as a student.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think I had to fill a deferment form out... I just completed a new FAFSA and put that I'm in a graduate program. I thought they were automatically deferred since I'll still be enrolled full time as a student.

Pretty sure I did the same. If I ever filled out a deferrment form I don't remember it.

Based on what the OP described if I had to pick on I'd probably go with the second one.

Your FA office handles that.

Reactions: 1 user
If the OP had a gap longer than 6 months and already started making payments on federal loans then deferment needs to be requested.

I'm going to fill out the form stating I'm a full-time student. I need to have the bursar at my institution verify my enrollment then submit the signed form to FedLoan.