This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello students! Ask us anything!

How do you even begin studying for the OAT? Where can you find the best OAT prep? What can you do to prepare for the Reading Comprehension section? What are some test-taking strategies?

Taking the OAT is incredibly challenging and a bit daunting, but we are here to help! Ask us any questions you have below about preparing for the OAT, and our OAT Prep experts will answer.

Members don't see this ad.

Which subject matter should I focus on the most?

Each candidate has unique study needs. One of the best ways to determine your priority subject matter/s is to, first, take the ADA's OAT Sample Test, which can serve as your diagnostic test. Answer each sample test question under timed conditions:

1. Survey of Natural Sciences - 52 sec per question
2. Reading Comprehension - approx. 1 min and 10 sec per question
3. Physics - approx. 1 min and 15 sec per question
4. Quantitative Reasoning - approx. 1 min and 5 sec per question

Spend sufficient time for your post-test analysis - that is, review your answers and try to understand why you got some of the questions right and others wrong. This will likely give you a good idea of your current level of knowledge and skills for each test section and thus, determine which subject to allocate more time in your study schedule.

For a more detailed advice on how to study for the OAT and other effective study strategies, please click here: OAT Study Schedule for the Optometry Admission Test

Good luck with your studies!

Reactions: 1 user
Specifically how much of Organic Chemistry if covered? Is it necessary to know reactions from Orgo 2?
How important are mechanism or names of reactions?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello students! Ask us anything!

How do you even begin studying for the OAT? Where can you find the best OAT prep? What can you do to prepare for the Reading Comprehension section? What are some test-taking strategies?

Taking the OAT is incredibly challenging and a bit daunting, but we are here to help! Ask us any questions you have below about preparing for the OAT, and our OAT Prep experts will answer.
Is it crucial for my study success that I purchase the Kaplan OAT book?

In physics section, the 2018 guideline does not have the Magnetic section (so is it sure it is not in the test anymore?)
Also in fluid section, guideline says "Static fluid", however I have seen Bernoulli's equation in some questions. I am so confused if I have to cover these 2 parts (fluid dynamics, and magnetism)

Status
Not open for further replies.