Ask an Air Force Dentist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was accepted to the 3 Year HPSP about a month ago to only later find out that a mistake was made and that I was not going to be offered the scholarship. As you could imagine this was very disappointing for me and my family. While I have not given up hope I realize that some other opportunity will show up. I still want to be a part of the AF after I graduate but I read earlier that the AF is not accepting dentists directly. I was told that the best way to get in the AF is apply for the AEGD when I graduate. Is this something attainable or is this only available for a select few individuals outside? I would imagine that most of the spots for AEGD go to the HPSP recipients. Thanks

I am sorry to hear this; I can imagine how disappointing this would be. May I ask what kind of mistake was made that caused them to retract an offer?

Members don't see this ad.

I will be applying for the AEGD this upcoming summer/fall. Should I be doing anything, contacting anyone, making those "I'm really interested in attending your program" phone calls, etc?

Are the programs pretty uniform or are some better for oral surgery whereas others are more focused on endo, etc...?

Is the application the standard grades, class rank, boards, recommendation letters? Anything else I should be preparing for?

Thanks!
No need to make any calls. You complete a standard app and you will rank the programs in order you would like to attend.

The curriculum is basically the same for all the programs. The main difference is that some programs have a pediatric dentist and some don't.

Hi AFDDS, I really appreciate that you take the time to answer questions from those of us still trying to figure out details about military life. I've got a couple of questions for you.

1. I'm starting my AEGD-1 at Sheppard AFB this summer. I still haven't heard anything from the program director or received anything about the program. All of the other 6 AF HPSP students at my school have heard from their programs. Should I contact my program director? What is usually the protocol for incoming residents?

2. One of my classmates got his orders yesterday. All of my stuff is in. Do they typically release everyone's orders around the same time? I'm hoping to get mine soon as I'd like to get on the housing wait list. *update* I received my orders today!

3. This next question is about getting my family on Tricare. After graduating I'll be leaving my state at the end of May at which point my wife and kids will lose their health insurance. My wife is currently pregnant and due in September. I start COT at the beginning of July and report to my base around the beginning of August. It is my understanding that my wife and kids won't be able to get on Ticare until I start at Sheppard AFB in August. That is too long for my wife to go without prenatal care. Is there any way to get my family on Tricare earlier? I'd like to at least he her on when I start COT in July. Do you know who I could contact to find out more info?

4. By the time I get back from COT my wife will be almost 36 weeks pregnant and we will then have to move in to our new place. Do you know of any way that I'd be able to move her in to on base housing before I leave for COT?

Sorry for the long post with many questions. Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
AFDDS,

I'd be interested in shadowing, but without a global address list I'm not sure how to coordinate it! I'm in NYC. McGuire is doable (particularly this summer where I could go there for a longer time and stay on base), but something closer (Army at Fort Hamilton or perhaps even the VA hospital) would be great. Any ideas/contacts?

Thanks for all the great answers! Scrolling through has been very helpful!

Regarding hops (for anyone searching for info)...
I see it's two years after the post date for this, but for the record HPSP allows hops (no overseas hops during your active duty tour in the summer). The student needs their reserve ID and the form on the CIP website filled out and signed by the HPSP program director (there's specific instructions on the site). Of course, hops are limited... you need to be going between two bases who have regular flights between them and you need to cushion a few days on either end in case you don't get on the flight. Also, there are 6 categories of travelers and reserve are category 6, which means everyone else gets selected first. Best initial sources is http://www.amc.af.mil/amctravel/index.asp. It's a great deal, especially for out of the continental US. Hope that helps any HPSPers considering hops!

I'm not sure if any of the AEGD programs are participating in any externship programs at this time or not. Getting to a base and shadowing is easy. It's the working part that may not be. Do you have a particular base in mind?

Meeting the staff probably won't have much effect on where you go. That is usually determined by a board and not the individual director.

Not sure about the military hops. If you have a reserve ID card, you can check. Just important to know that you can get bumped from a military flight and may not get to your destination on time or you may not be able to get back without purchasing a commercial ticket.

So, the deadline for the Air Force scholarship has passed?

Someone from AFPC will contact you.

Hi AFDDS, I really appreciate that you take the time to answer questions from those of us still trying to figure out details about military life. I've got a couple of questions for you.

1. I'm starting my AEGD-1 at Sheppard AFB this summer. I still haven't heard anything from the program director or received anything about the program. All of the other 6 AF HPSP students at my school have heard from their programs. Should I contact my program director? What is usually the protocol for incoming residents?

2. One of my classmates got his orders yesterday. All of my stuff is in. Do they typically release everyone's orders around the same time? I'm hoping to get mine soon as I'd like to get on the housing wait list. *update* I received my orders today!

3. This next question is about getting my family on Tricare. After graduating I'll be leaving my state at the end of May at which point my wife and kids will lose their health insurance. My wife is currently pregnant and due in September. I start COT at the beginning of July and report to my base around the beginning of August. It is my understanding that my wife and kids won't be able to get on Ticare until I start at Sheppard AFB in August. That is too long for my wife to go without prenatal care. Is there any way to get my family on Tricare earlier? I'd like to at least he her on when I start COT in July. Do you know who I could contact to find out more info?

4. By the time I get back from COT my wife will be almost 36 weeks pregnant and we will then have to move in to our new place. Do you know of any way that I'd be able to move her in to on base housing before I leave for COT?

Sorry for the long post with many questions. Thanks in advance for your help.

You probably won't get any Army or VA facilites to let you shadow since you are AF HPSP.

The only places we have that migh allow shadowing is an an AEGD location. So Bolling or Langley would be the closest ones to you.

AFDDS,

I'd be interested in shadowing, but without a global address list I'm not sure how to coordinate it! I'm in NYC. McGuire is doable (particularly this summer where I could go there for a longer time and stay on base), but something closer (Army at Fort Hamilton or perhaps even the VA hospital) would be great. Any ideas/contacts?

Thanks for all the great answers! Scrolling through has been very helpful!

Regarding hops (for anyone searching for info)...
I see it's two years after the post date for this, but for the record HPSP allows hops (no overseas hops during your active duty tour in the summer). The student needs their reserve ID and the form on the CIP website filled out and signed by the HPSP program director (there's specific instructions on the site). Of course, hops are limited... you need to be going between two bases who have regular flights between them and you need to cushion a few days on either end in case you don't get on the flight. Also, there are 6 categories of travelers and reserve are category 6, which means everyone else gets selected first. Best initial sources is http://www.amc.af.mil/amctravel/index.asp. It's a great deal, especially for out of the continental US. Hope that helps any HPSPers considering hops!

Could you give some insight into Air Force dental residencies? How many there are and how competitive they are?

Have you considered Tricare Reserve Select? I assume since you are on scholarship you would qualify. You have to pay about $200 hundred a month for a family, but it is a good policy that should hold you over until you get on AD. If I remember right, it took a month or so after I applied for it to kick in (I think this is pretty standard for insurance companies). It's not a bad plan: good coverage, low deductibles, low copays, and the max you pay is pretty low, as well. Check it out:

http://www.tricare.mil/mybenefit/home/overview/LearnAboutPlansAndCosts/TRICAREReserveSelect?

Good luck!

Hi sir! I've enjoyed reading through your thread. Thank you very much! I have a few questions (or several ) I must admit that I haven't read through all 29 pages, so I hope I'm not wasting your time asking questions you've already answered.

I was just accepted last friday to Western U in CA and now I'm trying to get things in order for the HPSP. I'm hoping that since I am currently in the air guard this will be somewhat faster/easier (dealing with my unit instead of MEPS, already have my clearance, etc.). I understand that I missed the annual board for the AF. I have considered trying to get a 4-year through the other branches (if I'm not too late), though I would prefer to stay blue. I've heard the AF is the hardest to get. I got a 20 AA on the DAT and my cGPA is only 3.23, and I wonder how much my prior service / deployments will help. Do you think it would be better to pursue other branches this year or wait and apply to the AF as D1 next year? When applying as a D1, do they look at how you are currently doing in dental school, in addition to undergrad and DAT?

Somewhat unrelated, do you know anyone who has used the post 9/11 GI bill to help pay for d-school and how that worked out for them? I'm afraid it will only be a drop in the bucket, but I suppose every bit counts. I figure this can help a little until I can get on a 3 year scholarship.

At this point, I am interested in general dentistry, though I recognize it's still too early in the game to exclude other possibilities. I've heard a little bit about comprehensive dentistry. Is this the same as an AEGD? Is the difference between the 1 and 2 year AEGD's predominately didactics or are you exposed to a lot more clinically in the two year program? Are some AEGD-1 locations preferred over others. I've been in the guard here at Eielson for the last 10 years and I would love to go to Elmendorf. If I were competitive, would I have a better shot of ending up in AK? If I remember correctly, you were there for a while. Are the people there because they wanted it or just because that's the location they were stuck with? It's my understanding that with Elmo, unlike other AEGD-1 locations, you stay there afterwards. Is that correct? I would love to come back home.

Well I'm sure that's more than enough for now and I bet I'll have more in the future. I appreciate your time. Thanks sir!

Anybody on here going to Bolling or Andrews for the AEGD??...besides my current classmate ha.....I'll be at Bolling....

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi sir! I've enjoyed reading through your thread. Thank you very much! I have a few questions (or several ) I must admit that I haven't read through all 29 pages, so I hope I'm not wasting your time asking questions you've already answered.

I was just accepted last friday to Western U in CA and now I'm trying to get things in order for the HPSP. I'm hoping that since I am currently in the air guard this will be somewhat faster/easier (dealing with my unit instead of MEPS, already have my clearance, etc.). I understand that I missed the annual board for the AF. I have considered trying to get a 4-year through the other branches (if I'm not too late), though I would prefer to stay blue. I've heard the AF is the hardest to get. I got a 20 AA on the DAT and my cGPA is only 3.23, and I wonder how much my prior service / deployments will help. They will help when being considered for the 3-year scholarship. Do you think it would be better to pursue other branches this year or wait and apply to the AF as D1 next year? I don't know what the deadline is for the other services. I'm sure some on here can help with that. When applying as a D1, do they look at how you are currently doing in dental school, in addition to undergrad and DAT? How you are performing will be looked at. You would want to go in "guns a blazing" to show you are serious.

Somewhat unrelated, do you know anyone who has used the post 9/11 GI bill to help pay for d-school and how that worked out for them? I'm afraid it will only be a drop in the bucket, but I suppose every bit counts. I figure this can help a little until I can get on a 3 year scholarship. I don't know anyone personally, but there are some on here with experience.

At this point, I am interested in general dentistry, though I recognize it's still too early in the game to exclude other possibilities. I've heard a little bit about comprehensive dentistry. Is this the same as an AEGD? Is the difference between the 1 and 2 year AEGD's predominately didactics or are you exposed to a lot more clinically in the two year program? All of the above. the 2-year AEGD or comprehensive dentistry residency is very challenging. Much more so than a PGY-1 AEGD. Are some AEGD-1 locations preferred over others. No I've been in the guard here at Eielson for the last 10 years and I would love to go to Elmendorf. If I were competitive, would I have a better shot of ending up in AK? If I remember correctly, you were there for a while. Are the people there because they wanted it or just because that's the location they were stuck with? It's my understanding that with Elmo, unlike other AEGD-1 locations, you stay there afterwards. Is that correct? I would love to come back home. Unfortunately, the Elmendorf Program will be accepting it's last class this year. Logistics of moving people in and out became too much of a problem, so it's closing.

Well I'm sure that's more than enough for now and I bet I'll have more in the future. I appreciate your time. Thanks sir!

Hope this is helpful

Really any of them. Oral Surgery, endo, AEGD (two- and one-year)?

Last edited:
Really any of them: AEGD (one or two year), Endo, OMS. Just kind of wondering how many spots are available and how competitive they are.
This has been covered previously so I'll give you a rundown.

The AF is currently only taking people with a 3.5 and 18 DAT for applicants for the HPSP scholarship. Quite frequently the applicants have a 3.6-3.7 and a 20-22 on the DAT. Those are the people you would be competing against.

AEGD-1s are the least competitive only because we try to have a slot for anyone that wants one. Endo is always very competitive and so is ortho. the other programs vary from year to year. Most, if not all, of the programs are selected 1-2 years out right now.

We have over 60 AEGD-1 slots. We will have 13 AEGD-2 year slots starting in 2013. Endo has 2 per year. OMS has 2-3 per year at 2 locations.

Elmendorf is closing? At the end of the current class? That its unfortunate.
Will they be opening an additional AEGD-1 at another base to take its place?
In your last post you stated that there are over 60 AEGD - 1 slots. Per my calculations, that means about 4 or 5 per AEGD-1 location. Does that sound about right? I thought that I had heard somewhere that there were between 4 and 8 slots per class per base per year. Is that way off the mark?
As always, thanks for your time and valuable insight.

Elmendorf is closing? At the end of the current class? That its unfortunate. AS the person that started that program, yes it is unfortunate. It's a great program. Its not the only one closing.
Will they be opening an additional AEGD-1 at another base to take its place? No. Elemendorf was opened and other programs added spots in order to meet the demand of more people coming in. We are now taking in less people each year, so the demand has dropped.
In your last post you stated that there are over 60 AEGD - 1 slots. Per my calculations, that means about 4 or 5 per AEGD-1 location. Does that sound about right? I thought that I had heard somewhere that there were between 4 and 8 slots per class per base per year. Is that way off the mark? Some programs are bigger than others.
As always, thanks for your time and valuable insight.

I appreciate the questions. The AFDS has been focused on education since I've been in and probably before that. We try to adjust to meet the need.

Hi Eugene,

When I went through school, I interviewed for the AEGD with a colonel. At the interview I ranked my top 3 preferred AEGD locations-- the better you do in school, the more preference you have (that's how it was for me). Yes, you really must do the AEGD if you go AF. Usually the guys running them really care about your education, and since they want you to stay in the AF, they make that year as awesome as possible to sell you on it. It's crazy not to do it. During your AEGD, you rank all available assignment locations. I was a good student in school and AEGD, and got my first choice in everything: AEGD at Wright-Patterson AFB, then Osan AB Korea, then Aviano AB Italy. But, I know people who got hosed and were brought to tears. If you're flexible and have a sense of adventure, you should join for at least one assignment.

As for the financial sense of it, you'd have to run the numbers for your own situation. But consider this: I just did my taxes for last year, the year I separated. My W-2 earnings for 8 months in the AF was still less than just 4 months in private practice. Plus, there are many jobs out there that offer loan repayment + generous salary. Be sure to check them out too.

The real reason I separated was because there are so many hoops to jump through to get specialty training (plus we have kids and want to settle down). I'm going back to school this summer for ortho, so I am glad I got out.

Good luck with your decision.

TheClutch said:
First of all, thanks so much for posting your experience in the forum! It helped quite a bit!

I just have a few quick question about your experience.
After dental school, when you talk to a detailer and figure out where to be assigned, how hard is it to go your matched location? And what happens if all your 3 choices are unmatched?

Like you mentioned earlier, do you think that AEGD is must to do more than just amalgam filling?

You also said that it does not make sense financially. but now dental school costs from 300 to 400k (including accrued interests) and monthly payments over $3,000 a month (based on 15 yr plan). Do you think that AF is not worth financially?

Thanks!
Eugene

Does the Air Force have a list detailing a breakdown of GPA and DAT scores for recipients of the 3 and 4 year HPSP? Since the Air Force is the most competitive, I'm trying to gauge if it would be worth it to try and apply for the HPSP this upcoming cycle. The average stats given seem to be the same across all branches, and I know for sure the people getting accepted are well above the bare minimum requirement cut offs.

Also, how do I find a recruiter? I used the Air Force's website for requesting more information on the HPSP, and it had me fill out basic information as well as where I went to school and what my GPA was, but I got an automated e-mail response back that said there are no recruiters in my area. But when I go to the main Air Force page and click on Find a Recruiter and select Healthcare Professions, there is one that shows up relatively nearby, at least in the outskirts of the city. Not sure why I am getting conflicting information.

Last edited:
Does the Air Force have a list detailing a breakdown of GPA and DAT scores for recipients of the 3 and 4 year HPSP? Since the Air Force is the most competitive, I'm trying to gauge if it would be worth it to try and apply for the HPSP this upcoming cycle. The average stats given seem to be the same across all branches, and I know for sure the people getting accepted are well above the bare minimum requirement cut offs. As far as I know these statistics aren't published. The Dental Corps doesn't have control over this as the selection boards are actually run by USAF Recruiting Service. I will say that those being accepted for the 4 year tend to have higher DAT scores and higher GPA than the minimum.

Also, how do I find a recruiter? I used the Air Force's website for requesting more information on the HPSP, and it had me fill out basic information as well as where I went to school and what my GPA was, but I got an automated e-mail response back that said there are no recruiters in my area. But when I go to the main Air Force page and click on Find a Recruiter and select Healthcare Professions, there is one that shows up relatively nearby, at least in the outskirts of the city. Not sure why I am getting conflicting information.
If you got a number for the HPSP person close by, call them first. if you don't get a response, send me a PM and I'll try to help you out.

AFDDS, I'm almost halfway through dental school and thinking ahead to my Air Force time.

In terms of the AEGD program, when would that start? Do they start at the same time at all the bases (like they all start Aug 20, or Sept 1 or something)?

Thanks!

Most of the programs will start in the beginning to mid August, that is when the students who haven't got done with COT yet will arrive to their gaining base. It varies by location, but most start around then.

Most of the programs will start in the beginning to mid August, that is when the students who haven't got done with COT yet will arrive to their gaining base. It varies by location, but most start around then.

Thanks for the info! So hypothetically if I finish COT in mid-June but another person doesn't finish until late July, I wouldn't report to my AEGD base (because it hasn't started yet) until the last person gets there in late July? Or do I report ASAP but just wait for the program to begin while I'm there?

Thanks for the info! So hypothetically if I finish COT in mid-June but another person doesn't finish until late July, I wouldn't report to my AEGD base (because it hasn't started yet) until the last person gets there in late July? Or do I report ASAP but just wait for the program to begin while I'm there?
The programs don't all start on the same day, but early to mid August is the time frame as noted above.

The AF has a rule about when you can EAD early, so sometimes those that graduate early cannot start COT because you can't go to your base early. So, if you are going to an AEGD and you graduate early enough to go to COT and finish in June, that has to be approved by AFPC. I don't think its been turned down too much, but its not 100%.

If your interested in military dentistry, a borderline applicant for Fall 2013, when should you contact a recruiter?

Hello AFDDS, sir.

I did four years of active duty service in the Army as a pharmacy tech, and
I became an Air Force reservist after I ETS'ed from the Army, and I am working as a dental tech in Westover ARB.

I'll be attending the tech school in Fort Sam from August to October, and right after that, I'll do 90-days of seasonal training in active duty status.

In my knowledge, the four year HPSP is only offered to active duty airman.
And I wonder if I would be eligible for the four year AF HPSP.
I will take DAT this May and start applying for dental schools this June.
And I'll receive my bachelor's degree in this summer.

Thank you very much!

SSG Jeon.

Hello AFDDS, sir.

I did four years of active duty service in the Army as a pharmacy tech, and
I became an Air Force reservist after I ETS'ed from the Army, and I am working as a dental tech in Westover ARB.

I'll be attending the tech school in Fort Sam from August to October, and right after that, I'll do 90-days of seasonal training in active duty status.

In my knowledge, the four year HPSP is only offered to active duty airman.
And I wonder if I would be eligible for the four year AF HPSP.
I will take DAT this May and start applying for dental schools this June.
And I'll receive my bachelor's degree in this summer.

Thank you very much!

SSG Jeon.

Actually, the 4-year is open to all comers now. We do hold 1-2 per year for active duty personnel that are applying to dental school, but the others go to outside applicants. The numbers varies from 4-12 per year right now. It is very competitive, so having the highest GPA and DAT scores go a long way to helping you in getting a 4-year.

So, local anisthetic does not work well for me. Since enlisting, I have been referred off base in order to have IV sedation or nitrous oxide. Recently, I was told/threatened by the base endodontist that I can be kicked out of the Air Force for needing extra numbing medication. Is this true? Should I file an IG complaint if it is false information. Thanks

So, local anisthetic does not work well for me. Since enlisting, I have been referred off base in order to have IV sedation or nitrous oxide. Recently, I was told/threatened by the base endodontist that I can be kicked out of the Air Force for needing extra numbing medication. Is this true? Should I file an IG complaint if it is false information. Thanks
This is an issue for you to take through the local chain of command. This isn't the appropriate venue to discuss. I would recommend you speak to someone in the clinic at your location.

I was wondering if it was difficult for general dentists in the AF to retire at the rank of Colonel O6? Currently, I'm in the Navy, and I don't want to specialize, but from what I heard, I will trouble advancing past the rank of O5 unless I specialize? Is this true in the AF? Sorry if the question is naive or offensive, but not all rumors are a 100% true or false.

I was wondering if it was difficult for general dentists in the AF to retire at the rank of Colonel O6? Currently, I'm in the Navy, and I don't want to specialize, but from what I heard, I will trouble advancing past the rank of O5 unless I specialize? Is this true in the AF? Sorry if the question is naive or offensive, but not all rumors are a 100% true or false.
It is more difficult for a general dentist to make O6 when they haven't specialized or completed a comp dentistry program. Only because you don't meet a board, your package does. If everyone looks the same and they all have a residency and are board certified and you aren't, that's a strike against you.

That being said, I know of 2 or 3 general dentists without boards and without residencies that not only made O6, but were in significant jobs. You also have the option of completing our "B" program, which is a 1 year residency for dentists with experience. It's coming back in 2013.

Can your recruiter increase your chances of getting selected? What is a recruiter's role besides preparing your documents and application? Does he/she write a recommendation or something like that?
Thanks

Rank is tied to the promotion boards. In the promotion boards with all the services you are compared to your peers. If all the other dentists in your year group do not specialize or have less than stellar performance - you could get picked up.

Remember in the military the 2 yr AEGD is considered specializing. This is what all military dentists that want to remain as "general dentists" should complete.

Can your recruiter increase your chances of getting selected? What is a recruiter's role besides preparing your documents and application? Does he/she write a recommendation or something like that?
Thanks
Your recruiter has no influence over the board or your application itself, only over getting your packet to the board.

sorry for keeping asking a bunch of questions. I really appreciate you guys inputs!
Are applicants ranked based on MEPS? I work out religiously and am very fit.
My questions is that being in a great physical shape has any advantage? Of course, you can't really show that much in your application. I am just wondering if MEPS tests your strength, agility, stamina, etc

I'm wondering if the base assignment can be identical for both the AEGD and the pay back years following AEGD. The Air Force website says AEGD residents will be reassigned after 1 year of training.

Are ranking and GPA the major deciding factors for whether or not you get matched?

Appreciate any thoughts/input and thank you in advance!

Hello,

I will be starting Dental school in the Fall and I am looking forward to applying to the 3-year AF HPSP. I am currently extremely interested in OMFS (from shadowing, mentoring, and the research)....

What is the demand for OMFS in the Air Force and what are the chances of matching into a military OMFS residency (applicants/acceptances)? Also, is the chance to do a civilian OMFS residency slim or is there a decent chance?

I'm wondering if the base assignment can be identical for both the AEGD and the pay back years following AEGD. The Air Force website says AEGD residents will be reassigned after 1 year of training.

Are ranking and GPA the major deciding factors for whether or not you get matched?

Appreciate any thoughts/input and thank you in advance!
Residents will occasionally stay at their AEGD base following training, but its not common.

GPA, class rank, and your preference list are among the things they look at to assign you to your AEGD program.

If I'm applying to dental schools for the Fall 2013 cycle, is it too late to apply for HPSP?

Also, do you need a 3.5 to apply, or can high DAT scores make up for a slightly lower GPA? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

You need to contact your recruiter now for application info. You do need a 3.5 GPA unless your DAT is 20 or higher.

Does the residency (AEGD) count towards active duty? Or active duty doesn't start until afterwards?

Also, are all the AEGDs 1 year? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using SDN Mobile

The AEGD is a neutral year (cannot pay back education with education) for your HPSP payback. It does count toward pay and retirement.

We have 1 2-year AEGD program and will have 2 of them in 2013.

Hello,

I will be starting Dental school in the Fall and I am looking forward to applying to the 3-year AF HPSP. I am currently extremely interested in OMFS (from shadowing, mentoring, and the research)....

What is the demand for OMFS in the Air Force and what are the chances of matching into a military OMFS residency (applicants/acceptances)? Also, is the chance to do a civilian OMFS residency slim or is there a decent chance?

Demand for OMFS is high. We always need more. You can discuss applying to a civilian residency with the OMFS consultant before you graduate. It has happened, but most likely to go to military OMFS program.

You need to contact your recruiter now for application info. You do need a 3.5 GPA unless your DAT is 20 or higher.

Sorry if this has been covered already but
1) do they break out science GPA or postbac GPA for nontraditional students?
2) Is the 4 year more competitive than the 3 year?

D1 at NYU with a cGPA of something like 3.41 DAT 22 but postbac and science GPA extremely high. Looking at chances at the 3 year hpsp.

Quick question, this may have been answered before but I've searched and really can't find it.....
What do they use to calculate GPA? Do they just ask for your AADSAS? Or do they ask for college transcripts and compute it off that? I had to repeat a few classes as an undergrad, so my uGPA is low for AADSAS because they do not do grade replacement even tho my university did.... Thanks!!!!! (looking for the 3 year Scholarship)