Asda Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Be positive

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all
Q.A mouth rinse contains 0.05%F ion.which of the following represents the concentration expressed as ppm F ion?

A.5
B.50
C.500
D.5000

Q.Which one of the following explains why the digestive action of salivary amylase continues for some time after swallowing?
A.gasric hcl increases the digestive action of amylase
B.gasric mucin lubricates the bolus n assists amylase activity
C.the amylase inside the bolus is protected from the inactivating action of gastric hcl
D.water absorption by stomach concentrates amylase n makes its action more effective
E.contractions of the stomach distribute amylase more evenly throughout the bolus

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all
Q.A mouth rinse contains 0.05%F ion.which of the following represents the concentration expressed as ppm F ion?

A.5
B.50
C.500-answer
D.5000

Q.Which one of the following explains why the digestive action of salivary amylase continues for some time after swallowing?
C.the amylase inside the bolus is protected from the inactivating action of gastric hcl-answer
D.water absorption by stomach concentrates amylase n makes its action more effective
E.contractions of the stomach distribute amylase more evenly throughout the bolus

Thanks pbkal
r u sure with that ans?bcoz i don't hav key.
one more
Q.each of the followin polymers is correctly paired with an activated precursor of the polymer except..?
A.sucrose- dextran
B.glucose-glycogen
C.sucrose-mutan
D.udp glucose-glycogen
E.sucrose-levan

anyone plz.. send me key to the July 1999 paper,my id is [email protected]
Thanks

Thanks pbkal
one more
Q.each of the followin polymers is correctly paired with an activated precursor of the polymer except..?
A.sucrose- dextran
B.glucose-glycogen--(since to convert to glycogen it need to b in UDP glucose form)
C.sucrose-mutan(s.mutan acts on it to form dextran n levan)
D.udp glucose-glycogen
E.sucrose-levan

Thanks
there is no key for 1999 paper.

Thanks pbkal
one more
A.sucrose- dextran
B.glucose-glycogen
C.sucrose-mutan
D.udp glucose-glycogen
E.sucrose-levan

Thanks

Is'nt the answer E. I read this in Decks. The precurser for levan is fructose and the precursor for dextran and mutan is sucrose. Correct me if I am wrong, please.

Is'nt the answer E. I read this in Decks. The precurser for levan is fructose and the precursor for dextran and mutan is sucrose. Correct me if I am wrong, please.
hi dent2,
actually dextran are homopolymer of glucose n levan homopolymer of fructose formed by hydrolysis of sucrose produced by s.mutans. ans will b glucose -glycogen bcoz to form glycogen it should b udp glucose

Last edited:

doesnt sucrose break into glucose & fructose.. bacterias use fructose(levan) as a source of nutrient.
so sucrose n levan is not the ans for sure..

Thank u all for ur good responses.onemore here
Q.
which of the following actions is at least dependent on an intact long thoracic nerve?
depression of the scapula
retraction of the scapula
protraction of the scapula
medial rotation of the humerus
lateral rotation of the humerus

hi dent2,
actually dextran are homopolymer of glucose n levan homopolymer of fructose formed by hydrolysis of sucrose produced by s.mutans. ans will b glucose -glycogen bcoz to form glycogen it should b udp glucose

Thank you very much gytbdc and iomega, I got it now!!

Thank u all for ur good responses.onemore here
Q.
which of the following actions is at least dependent on an intact long thoracic nerve?
depression of the scapula
retraction of the scapula
protraction of the scapula
medial rotation of the humerus
lateral rotation of the humerus

long thoracic nerve innervates serratus anterior muscle, n the action of tht muscle is stabilization of the scapula n protraction of the scapula.

Help me with the answers of the following questions
Q1. The concentration of which of the following amino acids can be used to determine whether or not dentin has contaminated a purified enamel preparation ?
1. proline
2. hydroxyproline.

Q2.Which of the following represents the location of lingual height of contour on the crown of the mandibular second premolar ?
1. Middle third
2. Occlusal third (given answer)
3. Same third as that tooth's buccal heght if contour
4. Same third as the lingual height of contour on th ecrown of the maxillary premolars
5. Same third as the lingual height of contour on the crown of the mandibular first premolar.
Shouldnt the answer be choice 1 ? :confused:

Q3.The bulk of a tooth consists of
1.pulp
2.crown
3. dentin
4.enamel
5.cementum

Members don't see this ad :)
Q1. The concentration of which of the following amino acids can be used to determine whether or not dentin has contaminated a purified enamel preparation ?
1. proline
2. hydroxyproline.(since dentine is made up of type 1 collagen )

Q2.Which of the following represents the location of lingual height of contour on the crown of the mandibular second premolar ?
1. Middle third
2. Occlusal third (given answer)
3. Same third as that tooth's buccal heght if contour
4. Same third as the lingual height of contour on th ecrown of the maxillary premolars
5. Same third as the lingual height of contour on the crown of the mandibular first premolar.
Shouldnt the answer be choice 1 ? :confused:

yes it has to b middle 3rd, check the key again.

1.pulp
2.crown
3. dentin
4.enamel
5.cementum

1. proline

1.pulp
2.crown
3. dentin
4.enamel
5.cementum

Thank you for Q1 , actually i read the question and took it otherway round.. thankx :)
Can you please explain a bit for Q3. thank you

.Which one of the following explains why the digestive action of salivary amylase continues for some time after swallowing?
C.the amylase inside the bolus is protected from the inactivating action of gastric hcl-answer
E.contractions of the stomach distribute amylase more evenly throughout the bolus.
Hey pbkal, can you please explain the answer becoz the key says its the choice A.

also need help with this
A urine sample of with a pH of 5.7 has the hydrogen ion concentration of how much?
2x10-3M
2x 10-8M (not sure becoz the key is not very clear)
1x10-2M
Please do show the work.

Which pair of the following pairs more likely to be located in the surface of the globular protein than the second group of the pair?
the answer key says the -CH3 and -CH2OH . Pls do explain how.

1. proline

am kinda confused , since enamel is made up of proline , why cant the answer be that ? please explain

Hey Sarna,
But the question is given the other can you pls show me your work for 0.05% of fluorine to the conversion of 500 please. Thank you.

What do you mean by the question is given the other?

It is proportion:
1ppm - 0.0001%
X -------0.05%

X=0.05/0.0001
X=500

1. proline

am kinda confused , since enamel is made up of proline , why cant the answer be that ? please explain

Yes enamel's organic portion consists of proline but dentin is made up of type 1 collagen ( so has hydroxyproline) and here dentin has contaminated enamel so presence of hydroxyproline helps in determination.
:thumbup:

What do you mean by the question is given the other?

It is proportion:
1ppm - 0.0001%
X -------0.05%

X=0.05/0.0001
X=500
thank you sarna I meant to say "the other way" but I think I skipped while typin. Sorry I'm not as good as you in typin! Bear with me.

Yes enamel's organic portion consists of proline but dentin is made up of type 1 collagen ( so has hydroxyproline) and here dentin has contaminated enamel so presence of hydroxyproline helps in determination.
:thumbup:

thanks , got it!

which pdl fibres most resistant to forces along the long axis of tooth?
a.oblique
b.horizantal
c.apical
plz some one explain ...
everytime im doing mistake in this concept of q.

a.oblique-long axis/masticatory forces
b.horizantal-lat forces
c.apical-occlusal forces
plz some one explain ...
everytime im doing mistake in this concept of q.

That's what I hav written in my reading notes,bt i think someone explained
abt this in last 1 or 2 months,I read it in these forums, bt sorry I too forgot it.

a.oblique-protects against intrusive forces(i.e force pushing the teeth inside), mostly protects aginst masticatory forces.

b.horizontal-protects against rotational, intrusive n extrusive)

c.apical-protects against extrusive( ie forces trying to pull teeth out)

plz some one explain ...
everytime im doing mistake in this concept of q

q.The size of pulp chamber of max 1st premolars usually decrease with age due to
a.position in the arch
b. high resistance to decay
c.thermal shock
d.normal physiologic n masticatory functions
e.excessive attrition n abrassion

1.a,b
2.a,b,d
3.c,d n e
4.d n e only

2.in a lateral excursion on a pt with ideal occlusion the mesial cusp ridge of the mand first premolar contact the
1.distolingual DL surface of maxillary canine
2.distolingual slope of buccal cusp of the max first premolar
3.mesiolingual slope of the buccal cusp of the max first premolar
4.none

In centric relation the cusp tip of DL cusp of permanent mandi 1st molar contact what?

Last edited:
q.The size of pulp chamber of max 1st premolars usually decrease with age due to
a.position in the arch
c.thermal shock

1.a,b
2.a,b,d
3.c,d n e
4.d n e only-answer

2.in a lateral excursion on a pt with ideal occlusion the mesial cusp ridge of the mand first premolar contact the
1.distolingual DL surface of maxillary canine-answer
4.none

In centric relation the cusp tip of DL cusp of permanent mandi 1st molar contact what?
The lingual groove of the maxillary I molar. Pls make sure.
Also need help with this.Thanks.
.Which one of the following explains why the digestive action of salivary amylase continues for some time after swallowing?
E.contractions of the stomach distribute amylase more evenly throughout the bolus.
Hey pbkal, can you please explain the answer becoz the key says its the choice A.

thanks bepositive and imoga for ur explanation.
and for the gytbc q...
for 2nd one ans z lingual slope of mesiobuccalcusp of 1st molar,
and it is out of contact with canine here(as per kaplan)
i hav dout like is the attrition n abrsion effect the pulp chamber of tooth.
dentgod some explanation 4 this plz...
correct me if goin wrong

thanks bepositive and imoga for ur explanation.
and for the gytbc q...
for 2nd one ans z lingual slope of mesiobuccalcusp of 1st molar,
and it is out of contact with canine here(as per kaplan)
i hav dout like is the attrition n abrsion effect the pulp chamber of tooth.
dentgod some explanation 4 this plz...
correct me if goin wrong
i mean mesiolingual slope of buccal cusp of max 1st molar

hey dentgod!!
i remember it as a discussed question previously in the forums.
gastric hcl incativates the salivary amylase.
so,i think-the amylase is carried in the bolus to the stomach where the bolus is sroken down and salivary amylase is deactivated.during this time till the bolus is broken down,salivary amylase continues its action inside the bolus.
this is the way i understood...........
pls correct if wrong..

Last edited:
a.position in the arch
c.thermal shock

1.a,b
2.a,b,d
3.c,d n e
4.d n e only

1.distolingual DL surface of maxillary canine
4.none

IN 1st ans is c,d,n e I also thought d n e only can any one explain thermal shock

for 2nd ans is 2.i.e ML slope of buccal cusp of max 1st premolar but why not DL slope maxillar canine both can b the ans.

in 3. there will b no contact

any one explain .I request pbkl ,iomega u guys have already go through lots of q. can u plz help me with these q.

here one more q.which is the smallest cusp of maxillary 1st molar
1.DL
2 DB

1.DL
2 DB[/QUOTE]

Ans: Distobuccal-given in Wheelers

IN 1st ans is c,d,n e I also thought d n e only can any one explain thermal shock

for 2nd ans is 2.i.e ML slope of buccal cusp of max 1st premolar but why not DL slope maxillar canine both can b the ans.

in 3. there will b no contact

any one explain .I request pbkl ,iomega u guys have already go through lots of q. can u plz help me with these q.

1.DL
2 DB

for the first question-
i would say-any trauma to the tooth results in increased reparative dentin formation=narrowing of pulp chamber.so,thermal shock causes tooth defects,which increses reparative dentin formation.

for 3 question-since the question says cusp tip-no contact.its a guiding cusp.the DL cusp occludes with the lingual groove of max 1st molar.
plss correct if wrong.......

asda 1999 q

To determine the bacteriological purity of the metropolitan water supplies,sanitary engineers routinely check the water for.......??

-E.coli
-salmonella
-giardia
-entamoeba
-shigella
Thanks

for the first question-
i would say-any trauma to the tooth results in increased reparative dentin formation=narrowing of pulp chamber.so,thermal shock causes tooth defects,which increses reparative dentin formation.

for 3 question-since the question says cusp tip-no contact.its a guiding cusp.the DL cusp occludes with the lingual groove of max 1st molar.
plss correct if wrong.......

thank you pbkl.But still second q i don't understand

Be positive
Can u please provide the answer choices for cytokines involved in bone resorption.Is IL-1 given in the answer choice?
Thanks