Artificial intelligence in dentistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dante72

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone
I wondered if there is any school that offers a phd or master that focuses on use of AI and its applications in dentistry?
I have seen few in Europe but nothing is US.

Members don't see this ad.

That seems oddly specific so I doubt it. Maybe something with cyber security but I don’t think there’s anything where it would have dentistry in the program, I’m assuming you’d try to use your skills in understanding AI in the dental field?

Yes, I have seen this PhD in Germany, and one in South Korea so far. (AI in the dentistry)
But I'm looking for one in the US.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I have seen this PhD in Germany, and one in South Korea so far. (AI in the dentistry)
But I'm looking for one in the US.
I don’t think there would be one, but you’ll have to look around. Maybe programs are starting to open up, but again, it’s oddly specific so unsure where you’d look

Reactions: 1 user
The only thing that I can think of would be related to align technologies. I don’t see why ai would be needed in dentistry to be honest

Reactions: 1 users
Probably best off doing whatever engineering/math/science degree best prepares you for doing phD work in AI/ML and do that.

Reactions: 1 user
The only thing that I can think of would be related to align technologies. I don’t see why ai would be needed in dentistry to be honest
It's a lot more than just that. Mostly it's diagnostical abilities of AI, detecting caries, landmarks, measurements.
Or even superimpositions of scans, on CT scans, or VR technologies.
There is a whole world regarding the AI use in the dentistry.