Arm amputated after ED visit [Med Mal Case]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If he had a pcp, he wouldn't be in the ER.
Hahahahahahaha

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
That is why if you get the malpractice defense guys drunk they will tell you the lawyers they actually worry about in that area. Or at least a little tipsy.

There are the ones who are scary, who only take solid cases, and get all their ducks in a row.

Then there are the ones who also do deeds and wills and feel, "it is worth a gamble."

While almost all cases are done on a contingency basis, there are those that are done on a straight up "I will pay your hourly rate" basis. These are the people who have money, perhaps from life insurance, and are mad. The bad news is that the wealthy mad ones will keep going to the bitter end; the good news is, to quote a friend of mine, "People's 'principles' generally do not outlast the first bill from their attorney."

Although I am loathe to say it, along the lines of Apollyon's comments, the scary ones want experts who tell them the truth. They don't want to end up paying high six-figures out of their own pockets and then find the expert oversold the case.

Well, since this came out, another malpractice case, this time almost certainly legal malpractice.

As I said, there are the scary lawyers the carrier's attorneys worry about, then there are the other kind. You can guess into which camp this example falls into.

To quote from a few of my friends who are attorneys, "A lawyer may not be able to win your case, but he sure can lose it."

Well, since this came out, another malpractice case, this time almost certainly legal malpractice.

As I said, there are the scary lawyers the carrier's attorneys worry about, then there are the other kind. You can guess into which camp this example falls into.

To quote from a few of my friends who are attorneys, "A lawyer may not be able to win your case, but he sure can lose it."
I "like" all the exclamation points. Referring to Medscape also was "impressive".

I "like" all the exclamation points. Referring to Medscape also was "impressive".
I love his expert use of the phrase "willy-nilly" and "in large the incision" when he means "enlarge." I see now why he's "Board Certified as a Physician Executive" and not as a surgeon. He also capitalizes "Sepsis" and "Gross Malpractice" for no reason and misspells "subphrenic" as "subphenic." There are other misspellings and grammatical errors like writing "personally approved" when he means "personally approve.” He quotes a "Medscape article" and doesn't actually cite the title, author or source, but just puts it in bold. It’s sad that he charged a patient money, likely thousands of dollars, for this report.

Oh, how nice it must be to be "Board Certified in Medical Quality."

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users