Are there courses i should have besides Pre-reqs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

knightwing47

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know when applying to undergrad in CA they have subject requirements and then they stress that you should do more. Is there a similar strong recommendation when applying to DPT programs? I ask because i go to small liberal arts college so id have to go elsewhere for classes like kinesiology and nutrition, we dont even have human A&P. Im just wondering if I should plan on during some summer classes or add on to resume after i graduate.

Members don't see this ad.

It wouldn't hurt to take extra classes. The rigor of those courses will help you in PT school. Taking a course in kinesiology or biomechanics will help you when you take those courses in PT school. Everything will make more sense. Taking extra courses will also improve your study skills. However, taking these classes won't improve your chances in the application process.

Kevin

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think so . I mean, it probably wouldn't hurt but it's not required and I don't think it will reflect negatively if you don't.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know when applying to undergrad in CA they have subject requirements and then they stress that you should do more. Is there a similar strong recommendation when applying to DPT programs? I ask because i go to small liberal arts college so id have to go elsewhere for classes like kinesiology and nutrition, we dont even have human A&P. Im just wondering if I should plan on during some summer classes or add on to resume after i graduate.

Though not at all necessary, I highly recommend taking a medical terminology course. It was a fairly easy class, and the additions to your vocabulary and ability to understand what various diseases are is amazing. Knowing what various prefix/sufix are has allowed me to work a lot smarter in my KRS classes, rather than harder.

Reactions: 1 user
I mean, it probably wouldn't hurt but it's not required and I don't think it will reflect negatively if you don't.
b8em6w