Are there any good hem/onc resources?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyboyMD

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you guys have any good resources for hem/onc studying?

Books?

Websites?

(Resources that describe conditions and give treatments, for ex)

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Are you a pre-med? med student? resident? fellow? hospitalist?
it kind of matters

According to what he's written just a few weeks ago, he's a high school student:
Hello, I am currently a Junior in High School. I am going to be taking my CNA state exam in a few weeks, and am planning to start an EMT-B course soon.

After putting in more hours to both certifications, do those type of careers look well on College Resumes?

How do Medical Schools look at you being a CNA and EMT?

If anyone out there is an EMT, how tough is the course!

Thanks!
OP, if you're a high school student, I wouldn't worry about heme/onc reading material! Worry about getting into college first, then med school.

But if you insist, I can't think of anything suitable for high school (that was ages ago), except learn your molecular and cellular biology really well. Also, visari, gutonc, and others know heaps more than I do, but personally I really liked The Biology of Cancer (Weinberg) when I was a med student. Not sure what a hematologist/oncologist would say about the book, and I would absolutely defer to anything and everything they say over anything I say, but I thought it was good (I read the majority of it but not all of it).

Members don't see this ad :)
The Hardy Boys guide to Anemia

seriously dude?!
When 2nd year med students ask about fellowship I usually advise them to go have a beer... in this case I don't even know what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.