Hem/Onc learning resources?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Drahmajuve

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm in my intern year and have decided to try for Hem/Onc fellowship in the future. I am interested in medical oncology and malignant hematology. I am trying to deepen my knowledge ( If I can call that knowledge) in the field and was looking for some resources for that. I have an MKSAP subscription, but I found their Hem/Onc section kind of dry

Do you happen to know any books or any other resources that helped you during your residency to broaden your knowledge? I am looking for a book/ online lectures/ podcast that does more than fact-stating and tries to explain certain fundamental concepts.

Right now, I am reading Biology of Cancer by Robert Weinberg, and like that book very much

I don't know if I am making any sense :D Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Honestly MKSAP is probably your best bet and high yield for boards. Textbooks are great but maybe not most time efficient.

Would read that as primary and seek out recent reviews on topics to supplement (ie NEJM last week had a nice one on mantle cell lymphoma, check JCO, blood, lancet, etc)

Also Med Twitter is really helpful (follow Papa Heme and others for Heme stuff)

Podcasts too, although I’m not sure how good Heme/onc specific ones are, general med ones like curbsiders and core IM are helpful for when my dogs take me for a walk

Edit

Sorry in advance for the condescending comment but all of above may not be best use if time July intern year

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Honestly MKSAP is probably your best bet and high yield for boards. Textbooks are great but maybe not most time efficient.

Would read that as primary and seek out recent reviews on topics to supplement (ie NEJM last week had a nice one on mantle cell lymphoma, check JCO, blood, lancet, etc)

Also Med Twitter is really helpful (follow Papa Heme and others for Heme stuff)

Podcasts too, although I’m not sure how good Heme/onc specific ones are, general med ones like curbsiders and core IM are helpful for when my dogs take me for a walk

Edit

Sorry in advance for the condescending comment but all of above may not be best use if time July intern year
Thank you very much!

It's not condescending, I am already realizing that I won't have much free time during my intern year :D
Just gathering resources to read for when I have time to spare

I love curbsiders, however, they don't have many episodes regarding Hem/Onc. I'll check out core IM

Appreciate it!