Are the audiobooks worth it?

beatnik10884

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking the OAT in Sept. and I wanted to know if you have used the audiolearn CDs and if they were helpful? Right now I'm using Kaplan OAT (small book), Barron's DAT book, and college textbooks to study. I feel lke i need more of a starting ground...so I figured these CDs would help give me a general concept I can base my work on. It just seems like too much to cover. I would really appreciate any insight.=)

Members don't see this ad.

I have the CDs and have listened to them as well as basically written them out word for word. I think they are good for a VERY basic start on studying for the OAT. I haven't taken it yet, but compared to all the other study materials I've used (MCAT comprehensive review and OAT destroyer) it is by far the most basic. I do have a friend, however, who used the CDs and said that it seemed like almost every topic that was covered on the CDs was on the test.

From what I've read on the DAT forums, Barrons is filled with errors and DAT students usually only buy it for the PAT portion. I took one of the practice tests and found a few errors in it as well.

The best materials are the Kaplan Course materials and OAT destroyer..
Then get Achiever or TopScore Pro for some practice tests along with the skinny Kaplan book you already have.

Good luck!