General Are online courses through my University OK for applications?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Question

Member Question
Volunteer Staff
Reaction score
Hello, I have a quick question regarding online courses. I am a no-gap year student and most of the schools I have applied to this cycle do not accept online courses (or are frowned upon). To make sure I am on the same page, when they say online classes, is that any class that is taught online even by my regular 4-year university, or when they say online courses do they exclusively mean online courses from online programs ex: DeVry university, university of phoenix etc? I'd like to take the online courses provided by my regular 4-year university for credits as the lectures are recorded and it's much more convenient, but no point in taking these classes if they won't be accepted. I am in the last semester of university, so I can still make adjustments to my schedule. P.S I imagine I may have to call medical schools individually, but I thought I'd ask here just in case someone knew the answer before hand.

— Experts please respond to this post —

Members don't see this ad.

Online courses from for-profits have historically been examples not to take. Higher Education has evolved that more traditional institutions offer online sections of courses they teach in person, and the pandemic accelerated this further.

If you take an online course from an accredited traditional university, you should be good. Check the schools on your list and your registrar.

Status
Not open for further replies.